NHL Monday plays

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
The Nucks took their chances last night, the Jackets didn't - despite dominating throughout the 3 periods. They managed to fight back and cut down Vancouver's lead to 1, but that was it. I don't think the Canucks can count on the same amount of luck tonight against the Canes.

And they were lucky last night. So many hit posts, missed shots by usually skilled Columbus offense, I don't think we're about to see the same tonight. Carolina are back home after a long road trip (5 games), in which they won the first three (beating respecable opposition in Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, losing the next two in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, in both games they had chances to win but were a bit road weary by that time, dropping both games).

Now they're coming back home, Cam Ward is in net again, and they're playing against a team on b2b. The odds reflect all that, of course, but I still think we have a couple of good investments here. The Canes should be able to score on Luongo tonight, Vancouver 1st goalie did get a rest last night as Curtis Sanford turned into a hero in a 4-1 win over Columbus. Luongo isn't exactly himself just yet this season, and I think the Canes will take their chances. Most of Vancouver and Carolina games this season were decided by 2 goals or more.

Carolina 5 games this year that ended in regulation ALL were decided by 2 goals or more. The other 3 games went into OT.

Vancouver played 8 games, 7 were decided by multi goal margins, and only one went into OT.

The Canucks are 5-3 to over 5.5 this season and the Canes are only 3-5, but I'm not surprised they stayed under the total against Montreal (twice). Also, they only played 2 games at home this year, and I think they've been able to shake off their offensive rust and get some chemistry going during the road trip.

Since I expect the Canes to come out on top tonight and without OT, we have a solid chance of this one cashing in, and as you should know by now I'm far more comfortable of staking lesser units on a more rewarding option if I see a chance for it, than putting big stakes to win a few units. Such strategy has proven to be more rewarding over the long haul, even if it does affect the hitrate to some extent.

Here are the plays:

Hurricanes (-1,5) (2.82 @ Pinnacle) 4 units
Over 5.5 goals (2.13 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

Good luck :shake: :cheers:

I am probably going to be backing Carolina in a regulation play only, but the PL has a better than average chance to hit. If you win, I win, gl!

Yep, you are way more safe than me, but as I said, I hate laying this much chalk in this particular game, so it's either this great value or no play for me, in terms of investment.

Good luck Slim, let's both hit this one :shake: :cheers:

Thanks Ed, GL.

Btw, Canes 2 powerplays, 3rd coming up now, 16 shots already, Luongo stopped all...

I hope last night isn't repeating here...

Oh my God...

17 shots
to

3 powerplays...

and we'll be back after this...8:57 left in the first...no score... :rolleyes:

yeah like yesterday...the Canucks are cursed or something. 18-5...similar domination TWO NIGHTS in a row and they're holding 0-0...I wouldn't be surprised if they scored out of nowhere. Just like yesterday.

Uncanny resemblance to last night's game, don't you think?

canesnuckshl9.png

wohoooo one Hurricane shot was actually in the goal and we scored.

NOT. :rolleyes:

Game Stoppage: Net dislodged. Faceoff in VAN zone.
R. Luongo, VAN: 20 saves, 20 shots
C. Ward, CAR: 6 saves, 6 shots

Hurricanes scored but the ref disallowed it because he had lost sight of the puck, and the net was knockered off later, so it's still 0-0.

WOW. great.

Now I know the recipe for success against Vancouver. DO NOT dominate. Canes had a more even 2nd period, without having a possession or shot domination, and they scored. So give the puck to the Canucks, they won't know what to do with it. That's the recipe.

my hope is that Montreal and Boston done scoring, since need under 6 goals in my parlay

shit wank crap 5-1, bah should take montreal win as i though, damn i aint lucky when i play under/over, :((((((((((((((

Back