NHL Help Needed

frankiegotti

Power Boat Enthusiast
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I am looking to start creating systems for the NHL next year...

However I have one problem, I am not a hockey person so I need to know what are relevant pieces of data that i need to pay attention to and what are irrelevant pieces of data to not pay attention to.

Thanks in advance.
cheers.gif

1 star on a team being injured doesn't have as big as of an effect in the NHL like it does say in the NBA.

also knowing which goalie is going to start is key, and in the new nhl PP and PK stats are essential

yeah, starting goalie info is probably the most important piece to the puzzle... and how they do versus the opponent... alot of times certain teams just cant beat the other, in their arena etc.

The type of information i guess i am looking for is, for instance like if a team wins X faceoffs then the probability of that team to win the game or go over the posted total is so many percent.

But i have heard that goalies are key as well.

Thanks for the input.

oh all that statistical stuff, don't have any info myself but that would be pretty sweet to get ahold of someone out there must have something.

I wouldnt mind a good totals program. Faceoffs arent that important, well they are to some teams depending on the style they play. Montreal was especially bad on faceoffs and they finished first in the east.

Don't get too caught up in faceoff %'s and such. Look at PP's, PK's, GF and GA in the Last 5 games and the last 10 games. Give a nice lean to the last 5 games though.

nice to see you lipps.... didnt know you even had a CTG handle.

the pucks guys are sick on here.

I usually dont bet anything over -125 if Im betting a fav. A good strategy for me was small road dogs, and betting the best 2-4 dogs of the night. I could hit at 40% at times and still make money...and if you hit all the dogs that night (which happens often) you're laughin

PP', PK, goalie info, historical info, i'm actually working on one right now for totals...let's hope it works.

also look at 5on5 scoring as well...toronto was just killer 5on5 their specialty teams sucked ass though..

looking forward to another season guys! =) lets go get em

PP', PK, goalie info, historical info, i'm actually working on one right now for totals...let's hope it works.

I think a totals one would be the way to go, I could be wrong but I don't think a software can nail a side without the user's daily input/leanings, and thats pretty much 95% of the battle right there.

Back