NHL 2014-2015 Season

Wave88

Pretty much a regular
I already cannot wait for the 2014-15 season to get started. I will get some thoughts down on paper soon, but since FA is pretty much wrapped up I'll open up with my personal top 10 teams for next season (full reasoning/analysis to follow)

1. Chicago - same team as last year, elite across the board. Saad could emerge as a star, causing the Kane line to rank among the best in the NHL
2. LAK - defending champs, expect a hangover though heading into this season. Regardless, will have essentially the same roster and it's a deep group. Will be very uneasy backing them this season though.
3. Bruins
4. Blues
5. Pens
6. Avs - young and dangerous, MacKinnon will emerge as one of the top 5 players in the NHL in the near future. An explosive bunch
7. Ducks
8. Stars - one of my favorite teams heading into the season. Excellent speed and can score in bunches, very exciting team to watch, especially with new additions
9. Rangers
10. Wings

yes, the east is as weak as it seems.

I already cannot wait for the 2014-15 season to get started. I will get some thoughts down on paper soon, but since FA is pretty much wrapped up I'll open up with my personal top 10 teams for next season (full reasoning/analysis to follow)

1. Chicago - same team as last year, elite across the board. Saad could emerge as a star, causing the Kane line to rank among the best in the NHL
2. LAK - defending champs, expect a hangover though heading into this season. Regardless, will have essentially the same roster and it's a deep group. Will be very uneasy backing them this season though.
3. Bruins
4. Blues
5. Pens
6. Avs - young and dangerous, MacKinnon will emerge as one of the top 5 players in the NHL in the near future. An explosive bunch
7. Ducks
8. Stars - one of my favorite teams heading into the season. Excellent speed and can score in bunches, very exciting team to watch, especially with new additions
9. Rangers
10. Wings

yes, the east is as weak as it seems.

7 of 10 in West
Only 1 makes it to the cup finals.

Dog eat dog

Crawford is a question mark for Hawks IMO

Less than stellar playoffs for him

No Maple Leafs?! Your list fucking blows

crl-ntntns.gif

Just fucking with you. Welcome to the forum

stars still need to add on defence
should be interesting in chicago with those contracts that kane/toews got..sharpy on his way out and saad replacing him?
Kings on a similar path as the bruins..the legs will catch up soon to them much like it did with boston
avs will be much better this year

stars still need to add on defence
should be interesting in chicago with those contracts that kane/toews got..sharpy on his way out and saad replacing him?
Kings on a similar path as the bruins..the legs will catch up soon to them much like it did with boston
avs will be much better this year

Agreed on Stars needing D. Kane/Toews contracts won't kick until until next year, so I think the roster will remain in tact this year. They may lose Oduya, but he is very replaceable. Will be interesting to see if Teravainen takes the 2C role from Richards at some point this year. That slot has been the weakness on the Hawks for a few seasons. I think Q finally figured out that playing Kane with speed and skill players yields good results. Tuevo may be a year away yet.

Avs losing Stasny will hurt some, but I think they have enough young talent to make up for it. MacKinnon should take the next step this year and play as well as he was during the end of the regular season as postseason. The kid is scary good. Avs have a great young core with him, Duchene, and Landeskog, among others. They will challenge the top of the ridiculously stacked central division.

Agreed on Stars needing D. Kane/Toews contracts won't kick until until next year, so I think the roster will remain in tact this year. They may lose Oduya, but he is very replaceable. Will be interesting to see if Teravainen takes the 2C role from Richards at some point this year. That slot has been the weakness on the Hawks for a few seasons. I think Q finally figured out that playing Kane with speed and skill players yields good results. Tuevo may be a year away yet.

Avs losing Stasny will hurt some, but I think they have enough young talent to make up for it. MacKinnon should take the next step this year and play as well as he was during the end of the regular season as postseason. The kid is scary good. Avs have a great young core with him, Duchene, and Landeskog, among others. They will challenge the top of the ridiculously stacked central division.

Roy is a crazy man, but that was the first year coaching and the kids bought in...another full off season, adding leadership in Iggy (30/31 for 61 points) and as you mentioned losing Statsny but in terms of productions pretty much the same (25 goals and 35 assists)..I'll probably be a little higher on them than most..

Regarding chicago they are over the cap by 2.5 million so they will need to make some room...like i said before, I could see sharp going to bring in some pieces or picks for him...Richards for 2million was a steal regardless of how much he gets crapped on

Without an outstanding season out of varlamov the av's won't come close to top 5 in the league. Their offense will excite, as it is stacked with high end skill, but their weakness on defense was not addressed.

Without an outstanding season out of varlamov the av's won't come close to top 5 in the league. Their offense will excite, as it is stacked with high end skill, but their weakness on defense was not addressed.

Starting to come around to this point of view. I will say that they have amongst the most dynamic forwards in the league and thus are dangerous in any given situation. Expect MacKinnon to take a step forward this year and put together a complete campaign.

Revising my top 10 after a full offseason and some additional time to ponder it (in terms of talent, situationally I will be avoiding some of these teams)
Hawks
LAK
Boston
STL
Ducks
Pens
Stars
Sharks
Avs
Rags

Plays:
Hawks/Stars OV 5.5 -111
Hawks -1 +170
Blues -1 +120
Wild -1 +140
Lightning -1 -105

I never have played these -1 lines in the past, just see some I like and experimenting with them for a few days.

Record 1-1-1 +0.67U

Plays:
Hawks/Stars OV 5.5 -111
Hawks -1 +170
Blues -1 +120
Wild -1 +140
Lightning -1 -105
Ducks -1 +233
Ducks/Pens OV 5.5 -111

pretty much final. Also lean Preds

Plays:
Hawks/Stars OV 5.5 -111 L
Hawks -1 +170 P
Blues -1 +120 L
Wild -1 +140 W
Lightning -1 -105 P
Ducks -1 +233 L
Ducks/Pens OV 5.5 -111 W

pretty much final. Also lean Preds

Recap: 2-3-2 -0.71U

YTD 3-4-3 -0.04U

Stars were extremely impressive in their first game. One of the top teams in the league for sure this year.

Recap:
NYI -110 W
Stars +100 L
Ducks +100 W
Hawks/Blues ML parlay +110 W
Avs -120 L

YTD. 6-6-3 +0.86U

Reverse pucks came out, I made my initial plays -1 (kinda but got too confusing) final card:

Each 0.5U to win if -$ or risk if +$
SJS -110
SJS -1.5 +260
BUF +165
Buf -1.5 +450
NYI +125
NYI -1.5 +300
Dal +110
Dal -1.5 +270
TB -115
TB -1.5 +250
LAK -200
LAK -1.5 +150

Royals (MLB)/Stars/Kings ML 0.2U +500

per previously, splits will count as a push.

Last edited:
Just missed a monster night, but had a big one. Sabres puck woulda been nice, as would sharks hanging on to get that puck.

Bruins -110 0.5u
Bruins -1.5 +275 0.5u

Reverse pucks came out, I made my initial plays -1 (kinda but got too confusing) final card:

Each 0.5U to win if -$ or risk if +$
SJS -110 W
SJS -1.5 +260 L
BUF +165 W
Buf -1.5 +450 L
NYI +125 W
NYI -1.5 +300 W
Dal +110 W
Dal -1.5 +270 W
TB -115 L
TB -1.5 +250 L
LAK -200 W
LAK -1.5 +150 W

Royals (MLB)/Stars/Kings ML 0.2U +500 W

per previously, splits will count as a push.

4-1-2 +5.5U

Back