NFLX - Weekend Discussion

C-MAN

Pretty much a regular
Lots of games on tap today and tomorrow. Already locked in the following:

NO -1.5 - Don't like what I saw out of Garopollo last week. Just do not think he is that good and he should see plenty of action again today - this time in a hostile environment. NO has been decent in X games under Payton - NO was 3-1 in preseason each of the last 2 years and played decent against Balt last week.

Balt/Phi o44.5 - both teams have put up tons of overs in preseason last few years - both scored a bunch last week - do not see it stopping this week.

Eyeing up a few more.

Kubiak returning to Hou
Fisher returning to Ten

Does it mean anything in the preseason?

Harbaugh 20-9 in preseason games (career) - only had 1 losing preseason - back in 08 first year in the league.
Zimmer 6-0 career

I know it's the preseason but I thought we might get at least some discussion going. This is pretty weak.

One play so far today:
GB/Pit o41 - I was surprised how much Rodgers played in the first preseason game. Even if they cut it short with him today I like Tolzien as a backup. The Steelers secondary is very thin no matter which quarterback Green Bay throws out there. I expect the Steelers to put up some points with the first team offense at home. As it gets deeper into the game Landry Jones appears to be able to move the ball against second and third team defensive players. I expect both teams to get in the 20s

Looked at the history of Jets / Giants Preseason meetings. You would have to go back to 2008 to find the last time the home team has won. Road team is 6-0 L6 meetings.

Back