NFLX Week 3

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
​Preseason 6-2

Atlanta Team Total Over 17.5 Winner
San Diego Team Total Over 14.5. Something tells me this game flys way over 37 Winner

Good Luck! 2 weeks until college kickoffs off! Yes sir!!!:dancing:

Last edited:
Thanks trey. Falcons tt over is in by the 2nd qrtr. Phillip Rivers is up to his old tricks again. Fumble on a sack. Between Rivers and Cutler, one could become senile betting on them.

Thanks Steed. I wish I could say I took Over 37 in the Bears game. That looked to good to be true and it scared me off. 48pts and they're still in the 3rd qrtr.

New Orleans Over 43 Winner

I'm probably not going to play team totals to tonight but Niners and Bucs Over is tempting. Only needing 3 TDs in these match ups looks very doable.

Last edited:
New England 1st Half Team Total over 11.5 Winner

they must be kidding with this line.

Last edited:
Arizona team total over 21.5 loss

I get the feeling I wont be on many Unders early this year until the adjustments are made.

Last edited:
Im thinking about doing a write up of the Rams match up each week in case anyone is interested in playing on them or against them. i feel i know this team so why not.

Why or how the Rams are -4.5 vs the Packers is a preseason mystery. Rams are playing Vanilla on defense and are showing very little on offense. Tavon Austin should see the ball more after not having a reception or run attempt last week. Jarod Cook who is having a good camp along with Bradford should get more touches after zero catches last week. The Rams running game is in question however Richardson is emerging as the guy. There's flashes of a HR threat from him while rookie Zach Stacy might be the best of them all with more of a power running style. Last years 2nd round pick Isaiah Pead is lacking mental toughness which is taking away his burst. Bust Alert is on him. He's also on a 1 game suspension to start the season. Bennie Cunningham from Middle Tenn St. is another option. He's coming back from a knee injury. BC had some big time games in college (Georgia Tech) before he got hurt.

I see A. Rodgers shredding this defense even if the Rams weren't playing vanilla. Last week the Rams corners played soft and Weeden had a field day. Browns lineman Joe Thomas said the Rams showed nothing defensively. If they do this tonight expect Rodgers to put up quick TD drives. Fisher said he'll be adding some stuff on both sides but for the most part they're preparing for the 1st month of the season. Its more about technique and being in the right spots.

Where the Rams have a big edge is Robert Quinn against the back up LT. Im sure Packers are aware of this so maybe Brockers and C. Long have some success. I see Rodgers setting up Quinn by dumping passes over him. Quinn usually over commits to the pass rush. Look for Rodgers to attack rookie LB Olgetree. Let me say this about Olgetree, unless he decides to play hard on every down, he'll be a bust. I watched the SEC Championship game vs Bama several times. Outside of his goal line hit on Lacy and TD on a FG attempt that was blocked by a teammate, he didn't play hard on every down. He got pushed around. He gave up on plays. He didnt chase plays. He did the samething last week. He got knocked around looking at plays. There's a laziness to him. You would think in his rookie debut in the NFL he's playing all out? Big mistake giving him the starting position this early but they have no depth at linebacker. Dunbar is out with a 4 game suspension so Olgetree is in the fire whether he's good enough or not. I hope I'm wrong on him because when he plays he's explosive.

The Rams are going to spread it out this year offensively. They're all of a sudden deep at WR and TE with talent, size and speed. They can attack with big bodies like Cook, Kendrick, Pettis and Quick. They can come at you with 4.3 speed in Tavon Austin and Chris Givens. Look for Givens to be Bradfords #1. Except for Cook, everyone I just mentioned are under 3 years of NFL experience.

As far as tonight's game? I wouldn't touch a side. Does Fisher let the Dogs loose playing in front of an anxious home crowd or does he hold back like last week? Do the Packers even care? I think the Rams players are chomping at the bit to play a team of the Packers caliber at home. There's a new identity this offense is anxious to show. The Packers will come out and get theirs while Rodgers is in but who knows after that. If this was regular season I would be all over this total of 41. Rodgers would put up 27-35 himself. I think if the Rams offensive starters stayed in the entire game they would get in the mid 20's for sure.
No play for me yet but gun to my head the total of 41 looks too low.

Packers team total over 17.5 Winner
Denver team total over 17.5 Loss
Houston team total over 21.5 Winner

Houston over 41 Push

Last edited:
Arizona was in the Red Zone 3 times and came out with zero points. 4 other times and came out with 4 FGs. Can't be too disappointed with the loss because I feel it was the right side.

Denver over 42 Winner

Both the Packers and Broncos over team totals look like very solid plays.

Last edited:
NFLX 13-4

Wow, its the same old Sam Bradford. Can't figure out how to get his team in the end zone from inside the 20. He's Marc Bulger all over again. People want to say its preseason but thats still no reason to over throw Austin for a walk in TD or fumble the snap on 4th and 1 at the 1 yard line. How many illegal formations can you allow your offense to have? I guess he cant see his offensive formation is misaligned? The Rams running game is now the weakest link on this team.
Defensively the overrated Chris Long jumped offsides twice. Olgetree got abused against the Packers passing game. Missed tackles at each level of the defense.
When I look at all the mistakes, it has to be a reflection of the type of practices they're having. Fisher wants to say they're playing vanilla, how about playing football? Seattle seems to be playing football in the preseason. They don't seem worried about being vanilla. It's the same old Rams in terms of boneheaded mistakes and a QB in his 4th year who compiles stats but can't finish drives. I guarantee 1 thing, the Rams will be drafting a QB in the top 3 rounds next year for 2 reasons. They're backups are as bad as they come and secondly, Bradfords contract is running up in 2015. No need to pay this bum another big contract if he can't see the field and read defenses.

On another note, Seattle is the best team in football. They have a QB, a running game, WRs, Oline, Dline, LBers, DBs, Special Teams and a football coach who knows how to coach. This team has a USC look to them. Speed and power at every position. Time to take them to win the NFC and SB.

Good stuff wise. Please post in my situation and preseason thread....this is very helpful

Many people are HIGH on STL this yr....

As a Saints fan and NFL bettor this intrigues me...the NFC S plays the W...the best division in the game

You see any spots/angles for the lambs or Saints etc? Post here or in the other thread please

Giants-Colts 1st half over 21 -135 Winner
Giants-Colts 1st half Under 24 -140 Loss

Giants 1st half -2.5 Loss

Giants 1st half team total over 12.5 Loss

Giants Over 41 -118 Loss

how bad is David Carr. Wow!

Last edited:
Sorry but based on what I've been reading, I'm hedging out of the 1st half total with a middle opportunity.

once I have a doubt, I'm out. Better plays are ahead!

Giants-Colts Over 41 -118

That was ugly. How in the world is Dave Carr still in the league? Might be the worst QB I've ever seen stay in the league as long as he has. Just terrible.

Last edited:
NFLX 14-8. That was an ugly finish last night. It's funny to watch teams completely go vanilla when the game gets late and they're down 2 scores. It's even more funny to watch bad QBs close out games. The Giants have some issues with their backup QBs. Eli needs to stay healthy or the Giants won't see the end zone. Onward.

Steelers Team Total Over 18.5 Loss

Last edited:
No opinion on the side of tonight's game after an initial lean on Pittsburgh. No opinion on game total. For those keeping track, I mistakenly put 13-8 when it should be 14-8. GL!

i see a few games I like next week already. Pats shouldn't be a dog to the Lions and Packers shouldn't be a dog at home in preseason even though its vs Seattle. I probably won't make it a habit to go against Seattle so we'll see.

I might be calling off the dogs until college football starts. Just like I said yesterday, I'm watching Pittsburgh calling off the dogs early in the 3rd qrtr down 2 scores. These teams aren't willing to show anything. Landry comes in for the Steelers and hands if off on every play including a 3rd and 10. It's not worth risking any $$$ if these teams aren't going to play.

Back