NFL Wk 5

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
2008 posted on CTG

ATS 15-14, +2450

Got a pretty good roll going. CFB treated me very well yesterday and LW in NFL was 5-2 up nearly 15 units.

Not a lot to chose from this week IMO. Crossed off most games immediately for various reasons.

So far, just one play. Digging into some others but this is not a great card for my style.

Pats/9ers over 41, -110; 4 units WIN

adds:

Colts TT over 14 2H -115; 4 units WIN
GB over 13 2H -120; 2 units WIN
Ariz -2.5, -120; 4 units WIN
Ariz 2H TT over 10.5, -130; 4 units WIN
Jax -3 2H, -110; 4 units

<!-- / message -->
Pats offense has struggled but they recognize they need to score and with the off week and the soft 9ers defense I think they get into the 20's pretty early in this one.. 9ers offense is very capable and expect Martz to be very aggressive downfield. He and Belichick have history---expect an aggressive offensive effort from both sides today.. Both teams in the 20's at a minimum.

Leans:

SD-- don't understand all the love for the phins around here. SD sleep walked in the 1H last week and then the really turned it on in 2H. Think they understand they can't dig a deep hole here as Miami built some cred. (I think misguided) with win LW.. Miami is still bad folks and SD when it wants to show it, is still the tops in the league in terms of talent.. I think they want to show it this week.. Perhaps a 1H bet.. Weather uncertainty keeping me off it for now..

Cards

Jags

Last edited:
Good luck tee. But I think San Diego under estimates Miami just like the Pats did plus Pennington is starting to grasp the offense a little better. If San Diego wins its going to be by a field goal IMO.:cheers:

How do you see the Titans/Ravens game shaping up?

Good luck today

Understand why everyone looks first at the Titans but I actually had a small lean on Ravens. Mcgahee is dinged up though.. Really to be honest looks like a coin flip. Certainly wouldn't be surprised if either team wins.. I stay away from those games.

GL today:cheers:

tee-any thoughts on gb, looks like rodgers is a go. leaning hard and looking for a push...

Even if he plays will he be effective? Will the Pack protect him with a conservative gameplan? Can't answer that so no way I would even consider this game.. I'll watch the first half and look to get involved at HT.. Good luck today bro and welcom to the site

Good luck tee. But I think San Diego under estimates Miami just like the Pats did plus Pennington is starting to grasp the offense a little better. If San Diego wins its going to be by a field goal IMO.:cheers:

What if SD doesn't underestimate them? GL bro but we definately have differing opinions on Miami..

Wish you well this week:cheers:

What if SD doesn't

haha...I know. Kinda like the ..If my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bicycle......:36_11_6: But I think that Williams and Brown tag team is creating havok now so Pennington can have a good passing game. I guess we'll see. The home advantage might help here too. :cheers:

is gore healthy?

News: As has become a typical occurrence this season, Gore was given the day off from practice on Wednesday due to soreness, the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat reports. [-]
Impact: Nothing to be concerned about here, as he'll return to practice on Thursday in all likelihood and should be fully prepared to go against New England on Sunday.

haha...I know. Kinda like the ..If my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bicycle......:36_11_6: But I think that Williams and Brown tag team is creating havok now so Pennington can have a good passing game. I guess we'll see. The home advantage might help here too. :cheers:

I am up north this weekend.. What is the weather going to be at gametime?

I am up north this weekend.. What is the weather going to be at gametime?

Just got done talking to my daughter who is at the game today. She said the stadium is jammed packed and very cloudy so chances of rain are great. She said it should be rain mixed in with some sunshine during the game.

Thanks Shark-- can't beat that weather update.. Hope your daughter has a great day..

Guys, decided I am not playing anything early. Going to watch them all (Directv HD gamemix) and hopefully find a HT play..

Interested in effectiveness in Rogers, state of mind of SD, and Titans /Ravens game overall..

Also- got a top unit play over in MLB on the early game..

add:

Ariz -2.5, -120; 4 units

Waited around long enough to get a bad number and at increased vig but oh well. Buff 4 wins have been against opponents with a combined 4-11 record and ea. had their own set of problems when the Rams played them.. Ariz, coming home should be plenty frisky in this one. Boldin injury has been a factor but still like it. Sets up well IMO. Warner diespite the turnovers LW is delivering the ball very well.. Buff at 4-0 might be a little soft vs Ariz team that is in must win position. Definately think Ariz defense plays much better today..

my girl wants to party all the time party all the time party all the tiiiimeee

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3H0d_0pqOI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d3H0d_0pqOI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GL Tee ;) tailing ya

:cheers:

Huge 4th down conversion for TD by NE.. 38 now with a bunch to go:smiley_acbe:

Pats/9ers over 41, -110; 4 units WIN

Ariz 2H TT over 10.5, -130; 4 units WIN

<!-- / message -->

Couple easy ones.. Pretty good zone right now... Play over in MLB on night game.

Leaned the Jags all day.. Not sure yet. Watching a few things from LW now.:cheers:

T, may want to look into the OVER in the NFL night game as well as Pittsburgh should be doing alot of no huddle

T, may want to look into the OVER in the NFL night game as well as Pittsburgh should be doing alot of no huddle

Good point but too much risk with Jags getting the lead and shortening the game for my taste... Not sure I got anything or not yet.. Pitt has problems IMO..

You're on the ovah in Boston? I was leaning LAA all day, decided to skip it.

Nah, dog..

Best team in NL got swept, don't think the best team in AL does plus I love the pitching mathup.. Have some additional thoughts over there. Getting +143.. Got to play it bro.:cheers:

Good point but too much risk with Jags getting the lead and shortening the game for my taste... Not sure I got anything or not yet.. Pitt has problems IMO..
Oh, there's problems for sure, I just see a similar situation as last year when parker went down and they started tossing the rock around alot more than usual and put up alot more ppg. Probably teasing Pit and Over. BOL to ya tonight. :shake:

Yeah Teedub.Liking the Steelers in this one. They may not win but I see a winner in this one by 3. The line just keeps moving up.Hopefully it gets to 6.5 and I will but the hook and take Pitt.Wishful thinking but thats what I hope.

5-0 on the day +18 units PLUS a top unit (6) win over in MLB.

Got nothing on the game tonight and I am not going to push it. Not my style.. I'll watch 1H and see if anything pops for 2H play..

good weekend:cheers:

5-0 on the day +18 units PLUS a top unit (6) win over in MLB.

Got nothing on the game tonight and I am not going to push it. Not my style.. I'll watch 1H and see if anything pops for 2H play..

good weekend:cheers:

Again, I was on the road. Maybe you're winning because I'm not tailing? Hmm.....

Back