NFL Week One Picks

Bet2win

Pretty much a regular
Yes, I am making some bets right now. This gives me a chance to get value and be able to buy back if injuries occur.

Pittsburgh Steelers -3.5 ($100)
The Steelers are coming into the 2007 with a new head coach. They will be implementing new schemes this year, and may be a good thing after the team underperformed in 2006. The pickup of Najeah Davenport is a good one, as he will hopefully replace the goal line charge of Jerome Bettis. The offense will be a bit more open attacked, and the team should improve on their record from last year. Roethlesburger has Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, and Cedrick Wilson to pass to.
The Browns did well in the draft but they really had to. They were bad protecting the QB last year. The defense did not get many sacks or pressure on the opposing QB either. Joe Thomas may not be in teh lineup because of a possible holdout. Whoever is the starting quarterback, they will need to escape the pressure of the opposing defense. The Browns may be in trouble here as the Steelers have owned them recently (I am not sure of teh W/L in the last few years).

Jacksonville Jaguars -5.5 ($100)
The Jaguars should be a good team in 2007. Leftwich is still the QB, and they have Fred Taylor and Jones-Drew in the backfield. Wilford, Northcutt, Jones, and Williams are the WR. The defense is the strength of the team, and on paper this looks like a playoff team.
The Titans surprised last year with the play of Vince Young. They will striuggle this year I beleive because the opposing teams spend the offseason figuring out Young. They will shut him down, and a good defense like Jacksonville will certainly get to him. They have inexperience in the backfield (White and Henry), and the WR are nothing special. I see the Jaguars taking full advantage of teh weaknesses the Titans posssess.

Cincinnati Bengals -3 ($100)
The Bengals have had offseason issues and distractions, but this should be a good team. TJ and Chad Johnson will be a great duo as usual, and Rudi in the backfield will provide much scoring for the team. They will be balanced on offense and aggressive on defense.
The Ravens had a great year in 2006. I expect a downfall in '07 though. They did upgrade in getting McGahee at RB, but they did lose talent and depth on both offense and defense. Clayton and Mason are a decent duo, but a third WR needs to perform. The offensive lines has to do better this year, and they will most likely be starting a rookie at guard. The defense will be good as usual, but the offseason was not kind to this team at all.

Good Luck to all!

:wacka wacka:

like the bengals, as well. its a great situational spot for them imo.

adding...

Minnesota Vikings -2.5 ($100)

Without Vick, I see the Vikings getting the win in this matchup. I liked them even with Vick, and not that he is probably not going to play, I am making this a bet. I like Jackson at QB and he is very mobile. He is quick and the astro turf will help. I also like the tandem of Taylor and Peterson in the backfield. The Falcons will have a tough season and Harrington is going to make many mistakes along the way.

I liked your other stuff, but hyping up Tavaras Jackson losses points for you. I don't care if he's as fast as Mike Vick, he sucks.

Final Play for Week #1 is a TEASER

New England -0.5
San Diego +0.5

These two teams should take care of business. We all know how Mangini and the Jets performed well above expectations last year. It will be a tough test versus a Patriot team that is hungry to prove they are the best in the NFL. Brady and company should have a good day and I think the Defense can stop the running game of the Jets.
The Chargers are breaking in their season with a new head coach. They have Rivers and Tomlinson to run the offense. It will be electrifying just like last season. Rex Grossman needs to perform well. He started '06 with a good note. Then he faultered down the stretch. I think the Charger Defense will get to him and pressure him out of the pocket. I like the Chargers by DD here.

$110-$100

Adding a Prop Bet for Thursday

Got some really good value here on this play at WSEX.

The Greek has:

Most rec. yards
M. Colston +15.5 (+100)
M. Harrison -15.5 (-130)

WSEX has:

Most rec. yards
M. Colston +8.5 (-105)
M. Harrison -8.5 (-125)

Hello!
Give me Harrison -8.5 (-125)

Actually backed out of minnesota and the bengals. not liking them as much now.

adding a few plays

Denver -3 -120
St. Louis -1
Seattle -5.5

All $100 plays.

6 plays in all for week one!

Love the favorites!

Byron Leftwhich and Tavaras Jackson suck...

Your on 3 of the heaviest public plays. I am not saying that you are wrong, it is just something to look out for. The Eagles are a heavy public play, but I went with them because I really like them. I hope you like your picks and GL to ya.

Back