NFL Week on plays

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
Week one plays:

Baltimore/Denver over 45 -163 two units

Actually have an open ended parlay with the first half cashing, so I'm really only laying one unit to get two on this play but for purposes of record keeping, I'll post it as a straight play. I see the public love on Denver and I can't argue that Baltimore's defense should be down a bit this season and Peyton has circled this one all summer. But what kept me off the Denver side is I don't think their defense stops the Ravens. Flacco is still one of the better quarterbacks in the league (despite what critcs say), with an elite RB in the backfield and if this guy isn't pressured he is going to eat this Denver secondary alive. Bought this down to cover what I see as some very key numbers in this game in 48, 47, 46. I've got Baltimore scoring 24 + and Denver getting at least 28. If this moneyline gets much better than the +280 I'm staring at, I'll have to take a crack just on principle. No matter how lucky you think Baltimore was in last year's postseason, this team is the defending super bowl champion playing against a QB who despite all his talent has seen his share of misfortune in pressure situations...

I'll post writeups when I lock them in, but I'll wait for some reduced vig options on the rest of these. My card will likely look something like this:

Cleveland -1
Dallas -3 Will be a very large wager, and would gladly lay 4 here

Lesser leans:

Saints, Bengals, Redskins

Gonna take a shot at the middle here for half the original play:

Second half Balt/Den under 24.5 -106 one unit

Gyno & Egg - thanks guys.

Gonna lock about half of this one in now, and get more later depending on line. I'd play a -4 no problem.

Dallas -3.5 -105 2.5 units

The G men should be in for a down year. Their biggest issue (in addition to a very average O-line) is their secondary. They really are weak back there, and Dallas has the weapons to exploit it. With DB's this bad, their pass rush won't be able to carry them to victories as they have in the past. I see Dallas winning this game by two scores. Remember Romo only blows games when they truly matter. Its only week one :)

Good stuff, Doggy. Always a great thread.

Have a decent lean on the Cowboys.

All the best this season, bro...

Light card for me today. Probably get more Dallas later:

Cle -123 two units
NO TT Over 29.5 one unit

Eyeing that Cowboys bet as well. Hoping the public comes along and pounds the GMen so I can get a 3. I'm pretty high on the Boys this year and I agree that the Giants might take a while to find their groove.

BOL on the season bro.

Back