NFL Week 9 The Week of the Rivals

Throwback420

Diehard L.A. fan
Ok big week this week some nice rival games (ne vs indy , pitt vs Ravens , Dal vs Philly and GB vs KC) I really like this week got some nice dogs and lines this week. Last week was great so I hope to continue a little run especially on the primetime games. On MNF im 7-2 with 3 dogs winning SU hope to continue that. Did not post any write ups last week will post some later in the week for sure... ( since i put my plays in late i added how many units i like the game for, these are still leans remember anything can change as the week goes but It hardly ever does)

NFL Week 9:

Green Bay +2 and or ML @ Arrowhead - (2 units or more play) Ok 1st off looking at this game it looks as if it might be a trap game. Everyone seen how Favre won that dramatic MNF game now they are 2 pt dogs. Chiefs are coming off a bye atop the Afc west and b4 that won a defensive struggle at Oakland. Arrowhead is one of the hardest places to play in the NFL but the packers are 3-0 on the road so that should'nt be much of a problem.

Ok on matchups. I dont really think the chiefs offense matche's up with Green Bay's defense. I really see them struggling in this game to put up pt's. It all start's with Larry Johnson he hasnt done to well this year. he has over 100 yds his last game but If it wasn't for a 58 yd run he would have only had 40 some yards. The reason why he can't run is because the Chiefs soft O-Line and it doesnt help playing a tough pack defense. They have a strong front seven and should match up well with the chiefs running game. The cheifs only avg 82 yds rusing and the packers only give up 98 so it could be a long day for LJ. On the GB secondary besides Bigby they are solid and like to play man. Rookie Wr Bowe will have a tough game with Woodson and Harris. One thing I dont like is the TE matchup. Denver te's were making plays on MNF against the packers and the bears te's made plays all game on them also. now they have to face HOF TE Tony Gonzales. I expect the packers to pay extra attention on that matchup because he seems like the only threat that matches up well against this defense. Packers have a great pass rush and Kampman is coming off a 3 sack game so he should be able to get pressure on Huard and force a mistake or 2. I give the packers the edge on this side of the ball and I think the Chiefs are really gonna struggle to put up pts.

On the other side of the ball. I really like how rookie rb Grant stepped up his last game and added something new to the GB offense. The packers will have a tough test against an underated defense. It all starts with Jared Allen. The packers do pass alot but only have gave up 12 sacks so I think the o-line can hold the Cheifs pass eush which starts with Allen and Hali. It may be tough to run on this defense so the Packers will have to rely on Favre which isnt nothing new and I think he can beat this secondary. Carson palmer got 320 and 2 td but threw picks. If the o-line holds and Favre manages the game well and dont make mistakes they should be able to put up some pts in the AIr.I dont really think the Cheifs corners(law and Surtain) can keep up with the speed of the packers wr's. I think this game will start close and the Packers will pull away late because the Chiefs offense will have trouble keeping up. Packers pull away late for what should be an easy win...
Packers are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a road underdog

Az Cards +3.5 and or ML @ Tampa - (1-2 unit play) This one has the look of one of those hard hitting defensive struggles. Bucs coming off a 1 pt loss at home and Cards coming off a bye but b4 that loss a game to the skins where they tried to rally late for ot but failed on a 2 pt conversion...

First off Cards coming off a much needed bye they have alot of banged up players and I think that bye week will do good for them and will show on the field. On matchups first the Bucs defense is solid but a bit over rated imo. they do well against the pass(173 ypg), although I do think you can get to cb Buchanon, they somewhat struggle against the run (124 ypg), that should bold well for an offense that likea to pound edge james and control the clock then hit you with some big plays to their big time wideouts. I think Boldin and Fitz can have a field day against this secondary if Edge struggles, but It's all on how Warner is. Overall i think the Cards have advantage on this side of the ball.

On defense the Cards must pressure Garcia the cards defense has 17 sacks on the year so they have the players to do it. although Grahm has looked good at times the bucs still struggle to run. Bennet helped a little and got a td last week but I still think there is to much pressure on Garcia with no run game and it showed last week. Garcia had no int's all year and last week he threw 3. It looked as if he was trying to much and just trying to make something happen. The cards dont cause much turnover's (6 int's 6 fumble recoveries) but they are still a stellar defense and I think they have the talent to shut down the running game and the Bucs major threat wideout J.Galloway. I see this game a little similar to last week and I think Garcia will struggle again trying to much against a stout defense. Im going with the better offense in this one I think cards win a close game late...
Cardinals are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games as a road underdog

Titans -4 vs Panthers - (1-2 unit play) Titans are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss

Jville Jags +3.5 and or ML @ Nawlins - (1-2 unit play) - Ok first off what the Jags showed last week was heart they are not gonna let injuries dictate their season. They could have easily layed down last week on the road vs the bucs but they fought for 60 min's and pulled out the W. Thats all you can ask for as an underdog on the road. Its a big reason why im backing the jags again. The saints are also coming off a nice win against the 9ers and are trying to turn their season around but it wont be easy this week Jags are no 9ers.

Ok on matchups on offense the big question of course is QB Gray. He didnt do much last week as he got the start. One thing he didnt do was throw Int's which is big. seeing the Jags want to pound the ball with their 2 rb's and stud fb all Gray has to do is manage the game and dont turn the ball over. When need be he will have to pass to make a big play and he showed he can do that last week when he hit Jones for the go ahead td. The saints defense has not been that good all year but they have been good on the saints 3 game winning streak. So the Jags must be on their game. Saints only give up 98 yds on the run but Its mostly because teams were passing on them. I still think the Taylor/Jones duo can pound this defense and not force to much on Gray. I think the Jags will put up pts but the bigger match is on the other side of the ball

On defense one major thing to note is DT Stroud is being hit with a 4 game suspension , dont know how it will affect him or his teamates. The jags got Grady Jackson form free agency. The main thing the defense will have to worry about is Drew Brees he's coming off his best game of the year with over 300 yds and 4 td's against an upincoming defense, so the Jags have their hands full, but come in with the 4th ranked defense and also cause havoc which can slow down Bree's. The jags have 8 Int's 19 sacks and 8 fumble recoveries on the year so they have the players and talent to cause turnovers and shut down this offense. Bush has been running hard but I dont think he will be much a factor in the run game in this matchup. I see this game staying close because of the Jags defense and the winner winning by a FG...
Jaguars are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games as a road underdog
Jacksonville looks for its fifth straight win over an NFC team, while the Saints will try to avoid a sixth consecutive defeat to an AFC club

Lions -2.5 vs The Broncos - (2 units or more) Lions are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games overall

Minny +7.5 and ML vs The Boltz - (1-2 unit play) Vikings are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games as a home underdog of 3.5-10.0

Dawg Pawnd -1.5 vs The Seahawks -(2-3 unit play) Ok after watching this offense close the last couple of weeks Imo they are the real deal. They have 2-3 nice rb's and a vet in Jamal. Braylon and K2 have been playing great they are 4th in the leauge at scoring for a reason. They are coming off a 7 pt win on the road against the winless rams. You got the feeling last week when they were down 14-0 the browns offense was never out of it and it was true they rallied to take a 17-14 lead . The Seahawks are coming off a bye the week before they beat the same winless rams easily at home.

Ok on matchups first off with brown on offense they have a tough matchups the Hawks have 23 sacks on the yeat 8 int's and 15 fumble recoveries so the Browns o-line and Qb Anderson must be on top of their game. I think Braylon and K2 really matchup against this defense and Andersona and the Browns will challenge them early. I think all the numbers can favor the seahawks offense especially that the Browns run defense has been soft and the Hawks like the run the Ball with Alexander but one thing I noticed is when the Browns are at Home (3-1) they like to jump out and score early and the big thing is they feed off the crazy fans and energy and having high energy players like Braylon, K2 and Anderson helps. I expect the Browns to do the same in this game come out firing early get the lead, take away the run game from the hawks and just Tee off on Matt H. I think Browns win a high scoring game by a TD...
Browns are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0

The Manning's +5.5 and ML vs The Brady's - (5 units or more) Dont really need to say much on this game everyone has their opinion on why they think either team will win or cover or whatnot. I just think its kind of ridiculous to have to the defending champs at home underdogs by close to a TD and over +200 on the ML. I dont care who the Pats beat or by how much. I see alot of value on the Colts I think they come out and show the Nation why they won the superbowl last year.
head to head meeting trend- Underdog is 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 meetings.

Cowboys -3 @ Philly - (3-5 unit play) T.O, Cowboys are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 vs. NFC

The Ravens +9 and ML @ Blitzburgh - (2-4 unit play)

* on skins vs jets, I lean skins but I think Clemens is gonna really help the offense but the jets have bigger problems on defense. I think this game will be close if the line keep going up for the Jets I will take them even tho they have burned me the last 2 weeks.

* on the raider game may just put 1 unit just for action. I would rather play the raiders when they are dogs. The defense took a big hit with Kelly (de) going on IR he was the best d-line the raiders had so far this year. this game is nothing to bet big imo. I have a feeling Kiffin will start McCown if healthy enough and I read Fargas is getting the bulk of carries in practice so he may get the start. I would start him and get rid on Lamont he is the softest rb in the
NFL. SERIES HISTORY
3rd meeting. Texans lead series 2-0. Houston beat the Raiders at McAfee Coliseum 23-14 last Dec. 3. The Texans won despite a net passing yardage of minus-5 yards. Kris Brown kicked three field goals in the fourth quarter to provide the margin of victory.

* bengals vs bills dont know what to expect from these 2 but bills have been money at home. I like Loseman and think he adds a little more than Edwards but Loseman will give up a turnover or 2. no really play or lean on this game. Its a coinflip imo.

* sf vs atl- I think ATL should be the only play but dont really like this game line should be a pk.

2007 NFL YTD:

ATS : 40-34-7 (+6.15 units)

Underdog ML : 16-35 (+21.59 units)
2nd Half plays: 6-6 ( -4.45 units)
parlays: 4-10 (+1.56 units)
teasers: 0-1 (-1.10 units)

Last edited:
*will post official early play in this post closer to gametime.

NFL WEEK 9:

ATS: Local bookie
Det-3 even (3 units) - local gonna add more online
Packers +3 -120 ( 3 units) Local gonna add more online
Minny +8 (1 unit) local gonna add more online
Cards +4 -115 (1 unit) local gonna add more online
Bengals -1 (1 unit)

ATS: online Book
Packers +3 -125 (2 units)
Skins -3 -130 (1 unit)
Bengals -1 (1 unit)
Det -3 +105 (2.5 to win 2.63)
Cards +3 even (1.5 units)
Jags +3 +105 (1.5 to win 1.57)
Vikings +7 (2 units)
Tenny ml -250 (2.5 to win 1 )

DOG ML:

Cards +160 (37.5 to win .60)
Jax +160 (37.5 to win .60)
Packers +130 (1 unit to win 1.30)
Vikings +275 (.36 to win 1 unit)

Parlays: #1 Packers +3 , Det -3 , Raiders -2 and Browns -1 (.40 to win 4.60)
#2 det-3 , pack +3, brown -1 and colts +5 (.60 to win 7)

gl everyone :prayer

Last edited:
NFL NEWS (rAIders)

Michael Bush got his first practice with the team. About fuckin time :prayer

– RB Michael Bush was in pads and practicing with the team for the first time. He is off the Physically Unable to Perform list but has an exemption before going on the 53-man roster. Bush is wearing No. 29.

POSTED 9:11 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 9:13 p.m. EDT, October 31, 2007
BUSH STARTS PRACTICING
Raiders rookie running back Michael Bush, a potential top-ten pick who decided to spend another year in college only to see his leg bend in a direction that it wasn't intended by God to bend, has emerged from the non-football injury list and joined practice, an industry source tells us.
Bush was a fourth-round pick of the Raiders, and many thought he could be the steal of the draft. But Bush hadn't fully healed from the broken leg that ended his college career prematurely, and he spent all of training camp, all of the preseason, and the first eight weeks of the regular season on the NFI list.
The Raiders will now have three weeks to activate Bush or put him on injured reserve. If he is activated, it is likely that the Raiders will consider cutting running back Dominic Rhodes.

also Raiders cut Mike Williams and got Tim Dwight

– WR/KR Tim Dwight was in uniform and fielding punts along with Chris Carr and Johnnie Lee Higgins. Dwight was wearing No. 17, the number worn by Williams.

Last edited:
Can't believe that Indy ml, BOL tb

and just as an aside, a rugby team I once played in came up against a team that had won all its games to that point by scorelines along the lines of of 54-0, 70-6, 66-3 etc. and even though we were the two top teams in our competition, everyone thought they'd do a number on us simply because we hadn't put away the same teams they had by similar scorelines. We played away, and won by a few points. They won the rematch a few weeks later (which was called off short for an all-in on field fight, lol) but the point is after such an easy run they simply didnt handle an opponent that was able to fight their fire with fire. They knew what to expect from us the 2nd time round, and also gave us respect, and they won. I can see the same thing unfolding in this Colts game.

Last edited:
Can't believe that Indy ml, BOL tb

and just as an aside, a rugby team I once played in came up against a team that had won all its games to that point by scorelines along the lines of of 54-0, 70-6, 66-3 etc. and even though we were the two top teams in our competition, everyone thought they'd do a number on us simply because we hadn't put away the same teams they had by similar scorelines. We played away, and won by a few points. They won the rematch a few weeks later (which was called off short for an all-in on field fight, lol) but the point is after such an easy run they simply didnt handle an opponent that was able to fight their fire with fire. They knew what to expect from us the 2nd time round, and also gave us respect, and they won. I can see the same thing unfolding in this Colts game.

I agree BC84.

Football_word.gif

for any1 that cares or is betting on the Raiders/Texans game McCown will get the start.

McCown to start vs. Texans

Posted by Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer on Thursday at 1:59 pm
Josh McCown will start Sunday against the Houston Texans, coach Lane Kiffin announced Thursday.
McCown started the first two games of the season before leaving at halftime of the Cleveland game with a broken toe.
Culpepper was the AFC's Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against Miami in his first start, rushing three touchdowns and passing for two more.
After the bye, the Raiders offense fell on hard times, scoring only two touchdowns in three games.
In other news, a Raiders spokesman said the Houston game was not sold out, meaning it will be blacked out and the New England-Indianapolis game will be shown locally.
More to come . . .

<SMALL>Read more about </SMALL>

day games: (Local)

Browns ML -120 ( 1.80 to win 1.5)
Raiders ML -145 (2.90 to win 2 )
Colts ML +200 (1 unit to win 2)

*gonna add Indy ATS with local and online waiting...

2nd half

Raiders -3 even (1 unit) local bet. I couldnt help my self. Raiders probaly get blow out but ehhh

Raiders -2.5 -115 (1 unit) online

How classy of the Pats.

Colts should have won if they meet in the playoffs again and the odds are the same or better for the colts. It will be my biggest wager of my life ATS and ML...

Thank you Gambling gods for the Brownies. :prayer

will have the late play in a few minutes is the unpopular pick in the boys

Johnny Drama style 1 word .....

VICTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ep17_drama_costume.jpg

* stole this idea from someone on this forum was waiting for a big day to use it lol :cheers:

*mainly for self tracking

nfl week 9 (1 game left MNF)

ATS : 7-4-1 (+20.38 units) * put the fav ml as a loss or W and local and online count as 1 win.
Underdog ML : 2-3 (-.45 unit)
parlays: 1-2 (+6.24 units)
2nd Half plays: 4-0 (+7 units)

*i think i added wrong yesterday on ats and ml loss it was -12.15 and on ats and ml fav won 32.4. i think i was off yesterday around 4-5 units.

Last edited:
considering playing Ravens ats and ml at a good sized bet is the line going closer to +10 or down closer to 7 ? any thoughts on this ?

I dont put bets in early but dont want to lose value on this

I really, really like Pittsburgh here.

The Ravens haven't proven to me they can score and Pittsburgh has a gigantic revenge motivation here. They also know that this three game stretch their in the middle of means the division. They beat Baltimore here and Cleveland next week and that's it, they almost can't lose the AFC North.

I'm teasing it down, but I may take some of the 9.5 anyway, I don't like Baltimore here at all.

Good day today, though, Throwback, congrats.

I really, really like Pittsburgh here.

The Ravens haven't proven to me they can score and Pittsburgh has a gigantic revenge motivation here. They also know that this three game stretch their in the middle of means the division. They beat Baltimore here and Cleveland next week and that's it, they almost can't lose the AFC North.

I'm teasing it down, but I may take some of the 9.5 anyway, I don't like Baltimore here at all.

Good day today, though, Throwback, congrats.

IMHO on Primetime I think this game stays close with Ravens having a chance to win SU. I also like that McNair is playing not Boller and McGahee could get yds on this defense another reason is that im still not a believer in the steelers but GL on whatever you do bro and Thanks.

oh and so you think the line stays where it is ?

MNF DOG: (online bet)

Ravens +9 (4 units)

MNF DOG ML :

Ravens ML +350 (.57 to win 2 units)

parlay: ravens ml and rockets ml (.18 to win 2.04)

Last edited:
2nd half: probaly the wrong pick and pitt will probaly run it up but im har jeaded and going with the Ravens.

Ravens pk even (1 unit) local
Ravens pk -105 (1 unit) online

congrats steeler backers and fan that was totally the right play. The ravens offense was anemic and giving away 28 pts to the steelers in the 1st half doesnt help. The dog had no bite on monday. congrats

*mainly for self tracking

nfl week 9:

ATS : 7-5-1 (+11.58 units) * put the fav ml as a loss or W and local and online count as 1 win.
Underdog ML : 2-4 (-1.02 unit)
parlays: 1-3 (+6.06 units)
2nd Half plays: 4-1 (+4.95 units)

Sorry about tonight, Throwback. Just a horrible spot for that team.

But how bad they were in and of itself was something that was hard to see coming.

It's one thing to see Pitt stepping up, but just like last night, it's hard to see another team stepping 'back' like Philly and Baltimore did.

The only good thing about that is that they've now shown us that they have deeper problems than just one game and we can use that going forward.

well I would rather lose a bet the way i did today than lose a heart breaker but for the Ravens to fumble what 3-4 times and Int leading to pts how the fuck do you cap that ? Ravens should have went to Boller early in the 1st half

You can't cap turnovers, ever.

You can factor them. Like I do with say, Kurt Warner or Culpepper--or if Charlie Batch were to have to start for Big Ben, you could factor them.

But just like Baltimore against Cincy in Week One, there's no way to ever 'know' you're going to get things like that.

And that said, I didn't factor in a bunch of turnovers for Baltimore tonight.

You can't cap turnovers, ever.

You can factor them. Like I do with say, Kurt Warner or Culpepper--or if Charlie Batch were to have to start for Big Ben, you could factor them.

But just like Baltimore against Cincy in Week One, there's no way to ever 'know' you're going to get things like that.

And that said, I didn't factor in a bunch of turnovers for Baltimore tonight.

I knew the offense would struggle but god damn lol

I was expecting a defensive struggle and was wrong I hate laying huge chalk but this was a spot to do it :whip: but I have to keep doing what Im doing.

and fuck the Ravens Go Browns take that division

Works for me. Won't happen, but it'd be nice if it did.

Although they'd get spanked by Indy or NE in the playoffs. Fun game, though, because they'd just have to score with 'em.

Maybe we could get a revisting of that classic Chargers/Miami scorefest Winslow's dad was involved in, only this time with Jr. in Indy.

good read

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">It's still McCown
Posted by Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer on Monday at 5:00 pm

News, notes and observations from Monday's post-mortem/press briefing following a 24-17 loss to the Houston Texans:

– The more the fans boo, the more Lane Kiffin digs in his heels.

When asked if Josh McCown was still his starting quarterback, Kiffin said, "Yes."

– For those who were wondering, Andrew Walter will not get a look any time soon.

"Andrew's not an option today as far as being our starting quarterback," Kiffin said. "It's not a direction we're going right now, but I can't predict the future for you on that."

If that's the case, then why keep him on the roster?

For a lot of reasons, Kiffin said, with the major one being neither Daunte Culpepper nor McCown are under contract next season. If both signed elsewhere, JaMarcus Russell would be the only quarterback with knowledge of the system.

– Kiffin said the second half was something to build on offensively, noting that in four series, the Raiders had two touchdowns and a field goal to go with McCown's third interception.

He neglected to mention that two Houston penalties saved failed third-down conversons on the first scoring drive, and that the second one came with the gift of field position after a 10-yard punt.

But you take your silver linings where you find them.

– Saw Nnamdi Asomugha stroll by an off-limits hallway of the club facility, holding the envelope which contained the results of the MRI on his left knee.

"Wer're still looking at some things with him, we’ll have more information tomorrow, but we don’t know for sure yet on him, " Kiffin said. "It’s not really bad, we know that."

– Expect to see a lot of Bears fans in the stands Sunday. Kiffin said the game is a sellout, meaning it will be televised locally.

A Raiders spokesman arrived later to say that Kiffin had jumped the gun a little bit, the game was not officially a sellout, tickets were still available and there would be an announcement on Thursday.

– Kiffin conceded he is waging war with the "here we go again" mindset of a team stuck in a four-and-a-half year slump.

"I worry every day about it. Every day and every night. As soon as lost one game I worried about that," Kiffin said. "That's my job to worry about that and find ways to motivate them, find ways to make sure they are buying in, find ways so that we have a really good practice Wednesday and then we'll worry about how we're going to figure it out for Thursday. It's a daily battle and when you lose it makes your battle a lot harder. That's part of the job."

– Although Kiffin didn't put it this way, it's clear many Raiders players are already auditioning for next year.

`It's really easy to be positive, it's really easy to talk about how great we're going to be and how great you're going to do and to come to work every day fired up when it's a three-day minicamp in the offseason or you're on a two-game winning streak," Kiffin said. "Lose four in a row and you'll see the character of people."

— The reason Russell is not playing has as much to do with his present supporting cast as it does his inability to handle the offense. It's the curse of being the No. 1 overall pick _ you get the big money and go to the worst team.

"A lot of times the guys that get drafted later in the first round do better," Kiffin said. "Why do they do better? Well they got drafted later and went to a team with better personnel around them. It’s the whole Steelers thing and them winning with Ben (Roethlisberger) as rookie. Well, Ben went there and they had all the pieces around him.

– It sounds as if Russell may get some meaningful work when Kiffin is comfortable enough with him as the backup. If Russell is designated as the No. 3 quarterback, if he were to play at any time in the first three quarters, the other two quarterbacks could not play.

Otherwise, he is relegated to fourth-quarter play. In that case, either of the first two quarterbacks could return.

"I have considered that and I’ve thought about it," Kiffin said. "The other thing you have to
think about that is then he’s your No. 2 because of the emergency quarterback rule. So I have thought about it."

– Another thing Kiffin has thought about was the 64-yard field goal attempt by Sebastian Janikowski which struck the right upright and ended up leading to three more points for Houston just before the half.

And he'd do it again.

Kiffin said he wouldn't have done it in a "14-14" game, but felt the club needed a spark going into halftime.

Janikowski said Monday he felt the kick would have been good from 70 yards, a figure he later amended to 74.

– Jay Richardson's block of a 43-yard field goal attempt by Kris Brown came with a big assist, no, make that a huge, gargantuan assist, from Terdell Sands.

"He ran over about two guys," Richardson said. "He made it easy. Just ran behind his big ass. He’s the biggest man alive.”

Richardson said it was a his first block since his junior year at Ohio State against Bowling Green, and that it left his hand numb for a time afterward.

– Speaking of Sands, Kiffin conceded the defensive tackle has underachieved since signing a four-year contract worth $17 million and with a $4 million signing bonus.

"He kind of is a little bit of a reflection of us a little bit," Kiffin said. "He has streaks. He's streaky as we've kind of played as a team throughout games. He's the same way. He'll have a dominant play and then the next play he'll get cut off and reach.

"Sands needs to be play consistent. Early on there was a point where we didn't start him and now he's starting. But he is making some plays. He still makes a number of plays throughout the game that other people can't make because he does have such great ability. But he does need to be more consistent."

– Kiffin said each week they start off with good news regarding the condition of Gerard Warren and his quadriceps injury, only to discover at the end of the week he is not ready to play.

"Going the (injured reserve) route isn’t something to do right now," Kiffin said. "A couple of more weeks and it becomes time to look at that. Because of Tommy being out as well, there’s such a need for Gerard to get back that it’s maybe worth waiting longer than you would otherwise."

– How do you ease the pain on Monday following a disappointing loss?

If you're on the Raiders, you eat.

A trailer from Kinder's Smoked Meats was outside serving up barbecue. In the locker room, there were six McDonald's bags jammed full of various breakfast sandwiches and burgers. Over at Jerry Porter's locker, a large box of Crispy Cremes was making the rounds. Rookie Johnnie Lee Higgins arrived with an oversized bag from Wing Stop.

It apparently wasn't a fruit and vegetables type day.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back