NFL Week 8 What Did We Learn Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Post your thoughts.

Jags did what champions do: they did not lose. I think this makes their immediate future extremely promising.

Steelers have a favorable schedule and will be favored in every game the rest of the season. That loss to the Raiders will haunt the Chiefs.

I think Pitt is legit but both of my Steeler friend fans think the team is not nearly as good as the record. Time will tell

Steelers have a favorable schedule and will be favored in every game the rest of the season. That loss to the Raiders will haunt the Chiefs.

I think Pitt is legit but both of my Steeler friend fans think the team is not nearly as good as the record. Time will tell
Man I been saying.....

Did that not type out?

Anyway to your point BAR.....Patterson or whomever it was costing them yards instead taking ball at the 20.

I learned at 4-3 my Raiders got a shot at making the playoffs. Favorable schedule includes playing the Chargers twice, Falcons, Jets, Broncos, and Dolphins. Harder teams are Chiefs and Colts. The offense looks good. Defense still shit. Will have to outscore opponents.

Chronologically, I learned if you're the Steelers you can have a guy lay down on the field 30 yards behind the play, not get penalized for offsides, and not have an injury stoppage so the opposing team loses all the time it took to run up to the LOS and spike the ball. Apparently there are no offsides in Steeler games. The extra 5 yards or some extra time could've been useful to the opposition trying to drive for the GW score.

I learned if you're the Bears you can have your rookie TE catch a pass in the flat, get stuffed along the sideline, keep fighting for yardage, fumble and lose possession, only to have the fumble overturned by review and the clock remain stopped for the next play. Apparently there is no running clock on inbounds tackles in Bears games. The extra time helped the Bears drive down for the game-tying FG with just seconds left.

I learned if you're the Eagles you can have one of your guys control a fumble on the ground, have it ripped out of your hands, have the ball kicked around, and you can scoop it up and score and have no review. Apparently there is no down by contact in Eagles games. The score provided the final spread cover for the winners.

Anybody looking to double up their way to a million needed only to bet against Dallas the first half of the season. Cowboys are 0-8 ATS.

Chronologically, I learned if you're the Steelers you can have a guy lay down on the field 30 yards behind the play, not get penalized for offsides, and not have an injury stoppage so the opposing team loses all the time it took to run up to the LOS and spike the ball. Apparently there are no offsides in Steeler games. The extra 5 yards or some extra time could've been useful to the opposition trying to drive for the GW score.

I learned if you're the Bears you can have your rookie TE catch a pass in the flat, get stuffed along the sideline, keep fighting for yardage, fumble and lose possession, only to have the fumble overturned by review and the clock remain stopped for the next play. Apparently there is no running clock on inbounds tackles in Bears games. The extra time helped the Bears drive down for the game-tying FG with just seconds left.

I learned if you're the Eagles you can have one of your guys control a fumble on the ground, have it ripped out of your hands, have the ball kicked around, and you can scoop it up and score and have no review. Apparently there is no down by contact in Eagles games. The score provided the final spread cover for the winners.

Anybody looking to double up their way to a million needed only to bet against Dallas the first half of the season. Cowboys are 0-8 ATS.
So, on the Kmet fumble ...

They clock wasn't running after (driving me nuts) but then NOLA bailed out any questions about it by taking a timeout.

So, on the Kmet fumble ...

They clock wasn't running after (driving me nuts) but then NOLA bailed out any questions about it by taking a timeout.
Yeah, I hear you. But by design the clock never restarted in order to be stopped. The refs let the fumble occur with no whistle, which stopped the clock as a turnover, then huddled and decided the call on the field would be no fumble. So either Payton lets it go (and the clock restarts with the Bears already at the LOS to snap the ball) or he calls timeout to bend the refs ear. Either way I don't see the 20+ seconds coming off the clock that should have. I can't really blame him for the timeout then.

Keep an eye on Miami. This team is very legit and really under the radar for some reason.

First off, love this team. My closest friend lives and breathes Dolphins football. I also still think Fitz should be the guy. They are a definite team of the future.

But for our purposes here, let’s not let that cloud the capping for Week 9. They were outgained by almost 300 yards. The first downs were Rams 31 Dolphins 8. The Dolphins were 3-12 on 3rd down. They did win the turnover battle 4-2 leading to scores. But while I won my Miami play this was hardly their best day.

Again, I like them. I think Flores will be successful for years here if they keep hitting the draft. But just stuff to keep in mind week to week.

Edit: if anything, we may see the Rams undervalued vs Seattle after the bye

It pains me to say this but credit where it’s due

The Raiders are good. Not like kinda good. The Raiders are a good football team. Yes, their defense sucks. Lest we forget KC had an all time bad defense in 2018 and were one neutral zone infraction from going all the way.

Let the Raiders play NE and Buffalo again and see if the result is the same. The team gets better week by week.

Titans = Paper Tigers!

But, now we've got King!

With no D coordinator, the defense continues to give up 3rd & 20! They simply cannot get off the field.

Beasley and Clowney...both overrated and overpaid at this point! Pass rush is non existent!

Yep, the league beats to it's own drum and rules are bent/manipulated when they see fit.

The end of the Steeler v Ravens game was incredibly blatant but that's the league.

I see Russ has added the fake give-yourself-up move that Mahomo has perfected. Smart actually, gets an extra 15 from the zebras. Don't like it at all, someone is get pasted. Fixable though if Fidel had any balls, just call unsportsmanlike on the QB once and it goes away.

Going forward the Steez are now 15-4 SU and 17-1-1 ATS as underdogs of 7 or less vs teams with a winning record.

Not sure the photo shows up properly but yes that’s Patrick Mahomes having an “average” season leading the league in every possible advanced category. Also the first QB in history to have 20+ Td and 1 INT after 8 games in history.

Attachments

• 4EEADECA-515C-4B0A-B17C-451CBC4BB2B1.jpeg
    4EEADECA-515C-4B0A-B17C-451CBC4BB2B1.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 4
Back