nfl week 8 -- top unit play early

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
2008 posted on CTG

27-22, +6425

4-3 last week pretty much juicing out, give or take a couple.

Rams + 8, -110; 6 units WIN

adds

Giants +3, -120; 2 units WIN

"Pats of old are back.. Didn't you see them destroy the Broncos on MNF?.. They are finally back to being an elite NFL team and as I recall, the Rams suck, and now Stephen Jackson, their best player is out. Unload on Pats.."

:smiley_acbe:

Reality :

• Cassel is a below average NFL QB who is being forced to get the ball to Moss and looks terrible doing it.
  • Maroney gone, Sammy Morris out, Lamont Jordan likely out. RBs are now Faulk (not Marshal) and Green-Ellis.
  • Rodney Harrison did everything for the Pats defense-- how do you replace him.. You do not
  • This line is an over reaction.. no way you can make this 8.
Rams--

• Lose Jackson but gain a healthy Orlando Pace.. Hmm. OK with that trade off.. Would prefer Jackson be in the lineup but his absence actually forces a gameplan that I much prefer.
  • Two weeks of tape on Donnie Avery should give him some well deserved double coverage. Expect Torry Holt to have a big day.. Donnie Avery is a Safties worst nightmare and without harrison the Rams should be able to stretch the field and open up all sorts of underneath routes
  • Marc Bulger has been rejuvenated under Hasslet.. Getting his bodyguard back at left tackle (Pace's replacement gave up 3 sacks LW) should only help.
  • Corner Fakhir Brown played one of the best games in the NFL last week vs Dallas and he makes this defense so much better.. Expect him to see alot of Moss today.. If you don't know the Fakhir Brown story, he got in Linehan's doghouse, was cut , and the first move Hasslet made was to bring him back.
  • Travis Minor will get a majority of the touches this week for the Rams at RB. Antonio Pittman is also active this week (broken leg). Minor has bigtime speed and has shown to be effective in the pass blocking schemes. (key)
How I see it playing out..

I see a dog fight and a Rams defense bringing tremendous pressure on Cassel. I also see the rams having a lot of success downfield.. Without Jackson the gameplan will be through the air which is exactly where the Pats are vunerable right now.. Losing Harrison is a way bigger deal than the Rams losing Jackson IMO.. Rams have shown they can compete and even win on the road in a tough enviroment (Redskins) and then they totally dominated the Cowboys last week.. They are 2-0 under Haslett with wins against quality competition.

With a likely loss by Ariz today at Carolina, a win here by the Rams could pull them to within one game of first place in the division.. They will be flying around with a nothing to lose attitude. Remember, no one has ever said this team does not have talent. They do, and now they have leadership and the players are buying into fiery Hasslet's "leave nothing on the field" attitude. I give them a shot at a SU win here, but short of the win the 8 points ought to come in handy..

This is a spot in the NFL that you have to throw money at IMO.. Overvalued vs undervalued..

Be around awhile.. Be a couple more adds, but this is my big one..:cheers:

Last edited:
Like the play.just waiting for more money to pile in on the Pats because of the Jackson news.

Just read something though that B.B. is 10-0 ATS against the NFC west.

Ya, if you are patient, you will get more than 8.. But careful I expect a lot money is playing the same waiting game and it will swing back when that comes in...

you can still get them at +7 for the game with a +4 2H wager.. I like 8 better but would have bet it at 7.. Just saying..

Thanks. Think I may lay off. I think teams leading at the half were something like 73% ATS winners last year, although there is nothing that says THIS game won't be in that other 27%. Actually I may throw a little on it with ya, fuck it, we'll see. Just took Buffs and Dallas 2nd halves to hold onto the cover.

Thanks. Think I may lay off. I think teams leading at the half were something like 73% ATS winners last year, although there is nothing that says THIS game won't be in that other 27%. Actually I may throw a little on it with ya, fuck it, we'll see. Just took Buffs and Dallas 2nd halves to hold onto the cover.
I parlayed Buf (PK) and Dallas (+X) 2H numbers bro, GL with it.

Was selective today and it paid off.. 2-0, +8 units

14-3 on the weekend in CFB and NFL... Damn, should have stayed in Vegas another week.. Hitting a crazy high percent of late.. Near 70% in MLB also..

Sometimes things just line up good... Hope I helped some along the way:cheers:

Having to run around this weekend and not have internet available to me most the day has prompted me to get an iphone. i was considering a blackberry, but i'm going with an iphone i think. do you like yours tee?

Having to run around this weekend and not have internet available to me most the day has prompted me to get an iphone. i was considering a blackberry, but i'm going with an iphone i think. do you like yours tee?

iphone is the greatest invention since the vagina... 1000% superior to the blackberry. Not even close. My only need in life is: why can't someone , somewhere invent a battery that lasts a few days or even one full day.. It can't be that difficult..

Thing is the iphone 3g will probably be outdone very soon..

if you are pretty comfortable navigating around itunes already you will love all the download capabilities with the iphone.. Movies are actually pretty easy to view.. It s not a 69 inch Hd but it works well on planes etc.. Not water proof however as I found out pretty quick..

Helluva day, broski.....AGAIN. You're a sick bastard.

I went 3-1 on 2nd Halves, each one was a team winning at the half and ended up covering. Supposedly the numbers on that are 74%+ and it went 75% today on the ones I played. Also hit Giants +3 and Dallas ML for a 5-1 day. Meant to hit the under in Tulsa and I was on the road and forgot. Holla at me if you're in Houston any time soon I'll buy you a beer you sick bastard. :shake:

ah ha.. waiting for todd palin to bet tenny down to 3, aren't you?

:36_11_6: I'll meet him halfway. If he bets it down a half, I'll buy the other half... Todd drinking Natty lite waiting for Sarah to give him a hand job:drinking:

Tee, do you think Hamels closes out the WS tonight?

Ya, but the value is on the other side unfortunately... No way for me to get involved tonight, sadly.. I don't play that much chalk ever and I do not play run lines.. So these are the games I watch..

Back