NFL Week 8 Thoughts and Plays

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

Tough week last week going 1-3 but still profitable so far on the season. Hopefully it picks up again this week.

Philadelphia -1 WIN
Laying points on the road with Philly is probally not the smartest thing to do right now, but Ive seen this Minnesota team play atleast 3 times this year and they are probally the most 1 dimensional team in the league. Philly took that horrible loss last week against Chicago allowing them to drive the field and score the go ahead TD. Westbrook is the key to this offense and I think he might be able to do some damage in this game coming out of the backfield. I dont know if its going to be Holcomb or Jackson yet since Jackson was hurt last week but I dont think it even matters.

NY Giants/Miami Under 48.5 WIN
I believe this is way too high of a number. Both teams are traveling to London, and who even knows if they want to be there. I dont think this is a great idea for the NFL to have regular seasn games in London but I guess well see. I cant see this game having 7 TD's in it. i think the Giants try to get the run going and I dont even know what the Dolphins are trying to do. They scored a couple of junk TD's last week against the Pats and now with Ronnie Brown out they have absolutely 0 weapons on offense.
Giants 24
Dolphins 10

Washington +16.5 LOSS
I think this is way too high of a line. I bet against the Pats last week and it cost me, but I really beleve this line is far too high. This will be the toughest pass defense the Pats have faced all year. The combo of Shaun Taylor/Springs is defintly the toughest combo Moss will go against all year. The Skins have the secondary to slow down Brady and the WR's. The only thing that worries me is how many points will the Redskins score. It seems like Gibbs is very conservative with the play calling. Hes not letting Campbell go out and try to win the game. Im hoping the Skins can get 2 touchdowns on the Pats and I think i should be good.
Pats 28
Skins 14

Oakland +8 WIN
Im thinkin they have a chance at winning. Hopefully if not they can keep it within a TD

Thats it for right now. Most likely will add a few more later in the week
:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Signal -

I would honestly consider Pats 2nd H if I were you, especially if they don't score again in the 1st H. I am watching the game and they are outclassing the redskins in every aspect of the game. I really don't think the Redskins score at all - maybe a garbage TD in the 2nd H but I doubt it. Looking at Pats -7 or better second H. :shake:

Signal -

I would honestly consider Pats 2nd H if I were you, especially if they don't score again in the 1st H. I am watching the game and they are outclassing the redskins in every aspect of the game. I really don't think the Redskins score at all - maybe a garbage TD in the 2nd H but I doubt it. Looking at Pats -7 or better second H. :shake:

Ramble just looked at my thread now. Didnt end up playing a 2H but wish I would have seen your post, cause I probally would have. Thanks for the advice, wish I would have seen it

Packers defense is the most underrated in the league. With Henry out it makes 2 very young players come in and try to beat GB. Cutler hasnt shown me much except he has a cannon. Not the most accurate passer. Who knows how Young holds up getting the ball 25 times this game. I think Packers defense will hold them under 14. Packers offense should be able to move the ball. Wynn will get a heavy dose this game. I have a felling theyll be able to run on this team. Wynn should get 20 carries. I like the matchups the Packers have and they win going away
Packers 24
Broncos 13
GL tonight guys:cheers:

On GB tonight with ya, Signal.

I ended up hitting that NE second H for 3 units, my biggest play this NFL season. Should have put more on, as my analysis was spot on. :shake:

Caps off a nice little week and my home team wins. Cant get any better than that. Favre can still beat a team by himself and he proved that tonight. What a throw that was to Jennings.
Onto next week we go

Back