NFL Week 7

Hakan's Picks

Pretty much a regular
Cincinnati Bengals v. Indianapolis Colts

The Bengals are coming off an emotionally draining 37-37 OT tie against the Panthers, and will be without WR's A.J. Green and Marvin Jones. They are not as dangerous on offense without A.J. Green. Cincinnati's 28th ranked defense is in for a tough matchup against the Colts #1 ranked offense. The Bengals have allowed 80 points in their last two games. Colts QB Andrew Luck leads the league in both passing yards and TD's. The Colts are 5-1 ATS this season, 6-1 ATS in their last seven home games, and 4-2 ATS in their last six games Cincinnati. Pick: Colts -3 at -125 (5Dimes).

Cleveland Browns v. Jacksonville Jaguars

I correctly predicted the Jags to cover last week against the Titans, but will be fading them this week against the Browns. Jacksonville is the worst team arguably the worst team in the league. I backed them to cover last week, because I felt that was one of the few games it could actually win this year. The Jags have the 32nd ranked offense and 30th ranked defense in the NFL. In addition, they are 32nd in points scored and 31st in points allowed. Jacksonville has not scored more than 17 points in a game this season. The Browns, on the other hand, have scored at least 21 points in their five games, and are coming off a dominating win against the Steelers. Cleveland has the 10th best offense in the NFL, and 3rd best running attack behind Tate, Crowell, and West. Browns QB Brian Hoyer has a 99.5 passer rating, with seven TD's and only one INT. Most eye-popping, Hoyer leads the league with 13.6 yards per completion. The Browns are 6-2 in the games that Hoyer has started. Cleveland's two losses were by a combined five points. Pick: Browns -5.5 at -115 (5Dimes).

NFL Picks YTD: 3-4

Adding another one:

Seattle Seahawks v. St. Louis Rams

Coming off a rare loss at home to my Cowboys (2nd loss in last 21 home games), the Seahawks will be looking to make a statement. Seattle has not lost back-to-back games since 2012, and are 4-0 ATS in their last four games following a loss. Seattle has the better offensive and defensive lines, and will push the Rams around in the trenches – where games are won and lost. Key matchup is Seattle's 2nd ranked rushing attack against St. Louis' 26th ranked run defense. I don't think this game will be even close. Pick: Seahawks -5.5 at -118 (5Dimes).

Back