NFL Week 6

MeasyMoney

Give me Football or give me death
whats goin on fellas....week 6:

Vikings -13.5
They should cruise over the squad that has little offense and zero defense. I dont know what happened to the lions but they are a completely different team than last year. Vikings had a good game against the saints and it should continue to roll on, peterson should have a good game against this team as well. I like Gus' chances at qb with no pressure on him.

Jets -6
This is still the bengals and do not let the points put up against dallas fool you. Dallas defense always does stupid shit like that and even with all that talent they will let the worst team in the nfl put up points on the board. With bengals having a weak secondary, look for Farve to try and match his 6 touchdowns again, maybe even beat it.

Redskins -13.5
they are playing the rams.

Falcons +3
This should be a close game so why not take the home underdog. I think Falcons win the game by 3 points. Matt Ryan and Michael Turner have been on a roll and it will most likely continue. Yes, they are facing a way better defense than in their previous games but Kyle Orton is the bears qb, he sucks.

Dolphins +3
Texans gave that game away last week with bad coaching and play, so now they are rushing their starting qb back to save the day, wont happen. Dolphins just beat the chargers, getting on a little roll. Pennington played great and Ronnie Brown continues to play great, C. Pennington (22-29, 228) , R. Brown (24-125).

Dallas only -5 vs the cardinals? biggest trap of the week. Line will go higher, wait and see if you can get it at 7 come game day.

Leans: Cardinals, Browns +8

BOL to everybody....shoot the opinions at me!!

Bengal secondary is a respectable 6th in the Nfl in yardage allowed ...Pass per play sucks at 10 but its the run D thats killing them ..I like the Bungals this week , Jets weak at running the ball so they will just do it enough to keep teams honest...In a potential shootout i like 6 points..Little bit worried about revenge on the part of the jets ,Cincy stole last years game in cincy

I'd definitely argue that Orton doesn't suck. He may not be Cutler or Romo, but he is getting it done. Sure, he is pick-prone but so are this years top three QBs. Romo, Brees and Cutler all have 4, 6 and 4 Ints. Orton has 4 as well. The difference is each QBs receiving core. Orton doesn't have the raw talent at WR and TE that the other three QBs do. That being said, we can see how Romo, Brees and Cutler all have 10+ TDs and Orton has only 7. All 4 QBs have over 1100 yds. And the Bears have Forte, #1 rookie of the season so far. So, while he may not be a super-star just yet, Orton is a far cry from "suck" and a vast improvement over Sexy Rexy.

And compared to Matt Ryan (4TDs, 2INTs, 863 yds) , Orton is twice the QB. I also disagree that ATL is on a roll. Both teams are 2-1 in their last three, but Bears won the last two straight. ATL is W-L-W. Agree that this will probably be a close game, but I think bears win by 5. Their D is will be like nothing ATL has seen so far.

I can see your logic in taking home-dog in a supossedly close game, but I disagree with most as to how close this game will be. DA Bears!

houston is not "rushing their starting QB to play"

schaub had the flu

it wasnt an "injury", per se

houston is not "rushing their starting QB to play"

schaub had the flu

it wasnt an "injury", per se

reported that he still has the virus...and you think they want to give S. Rosenfels another shot? Yes they are rushing him back even if it is not said.

I'd definitely argue that Orton doesn't suck. He may not be Cutler or Romo, but he is getting it done. Sure, he is pick-prone but so are this years top three QBs. Romo, Brees and Cutler all have 4, 6 and 4 Ints. Orton has 4 as well. The difference is each QBs receiving core. Orton doesn't have the raw talent at WR and TE that the other three QBs do. That being said, we can see how Romo, Brees and Cutler all have 10+ TDs and Orton has only 7. All 4 QBs have over 1100 yds. And the Bears have Forte, #1 rookie of the season so far. So, while he may not be a super-star just yet, Orton is a far cry from "suck" and a vast improvement over Sexy Rexy.

And compared to Matt Ryan (4TDs, 2INTs, 863 yds) , Orton is twice the QB. I also disagree that ATL is on a roll. Both teams are 2-1 in their last three, but Bears won the last two straight. ATL is W-L-W. Agree that this will probably be a close game, but I think bears win by 5. Their D is will be like nothing ATL has seen so far.

I can see your logic in taking home-dog in a supossedly close game, but I disagree with most as to how close this game will be. DA Bears!

Excellent points. Ok maybe he hasnt showed his "sucky" play YET but no matter what the receiving core is, he is not even in the same category as a Palmer, Romo, Farve, Brees etc...If he was there is no way the bears would have let The Gross Rex start over him especially in a superbowl, im pretty sure they felt Rex was better. Anyways, Matt Ryan has been able to keep his composure in these last games, especially as a rookie qb, thats like being thrown to the wolves and he is handling it quite well, unlike flacco. Falcons just beat the Packers, which is a real strong defense, a couple players injured but still strong defense, especially for a rookie to face. Ryan is a qb with a weak recieving core. He only has R. White. Im sure Ryan rather have the bears receiving core instead of his own (Booker, Olsen, Davis, and Hester).

Give orton until the rest of the season, and i will post another thread reminding you of this one. No way you will be able to list him in the same as the other qbs you named.

whats goin on fellas....week 6:

Falcons +3
This should be a close game so why not take the home underdog. I think Falcons win the game by 3 points. Matt Ryan and Michael Turner have been on a roll and it will most likely continue. Yes, they are facing a way better defense than in their previous games but Kyle Orton is the bears qb, he sucks.

Michael Turner leads the NFL in rushing yards, yes the entire NFL. Matt Ryan has more tds than picks and is a starting ROOKIE. my statement was far from wrong

I never said you were wrong, just that I disagree.

oh i know, i never accused you of that. you just said that you disagree the falcons were on a roll. i said that those two players were on a roll, meaning that in my opinion those 2 players can help get a win against a team like the bears. definitely didnt mean anything else jack.

I look at the Falcons as I did when they played good defenses in TB and Carolina. Went with the premise that Atl's ground game wouldn't be as effective as it was against Detroit and KC, thereby putting more pressure on Ryan to carry the load. Sure enough, Turner didn't do much against the two tough defenses and Ryan didn't either. Both those games (TB, Car) were on the road, the weak foes (Det, KC) were at home. It's different this time with Chicago at Atl, but I don't think it matters. Without Turner running for 100-plus, Ryan's effectiveness dips. Don't get me wrong, really like Ryan and think he'll be a stud, but he's not ready to carry the show just yet. I'm not expecting a big day from Turner against the Bears, but I could be wrong.

And the perception that Orton sucks was popular several weeks ago. I think recent results suggest otherwise.

GL.

Really like the Jets with no Palmer in for Cincy. How will cincy score enough to match Favre who had 2 weeks to get on track.

Back