NFL Week 6 (Now is the time)

Throwback420

Diehard L.A. fan
Got some nice matchups this week and some big games and One I have had circled for quite some time. There is some nice underdog's this week compared to last week. well on to week 6 .......

NFL Week 6:

The Raiders +10 and ML @ Oakland South (Qualcomm Stadium)- Now is the time .... The raiders are coming into this game trying to end a bad streak for the 3rd consecutive game. In week 3 the raiders ended a 11 game losing streak in dramatic fashion with a blocked fg. In week four the Raiders finally won on the road after 12 road losses. This week the Raiders try to end the most important streak that will tell If they are for real, If they finally have turned the corner. The Raiders look to end its divison losing streak that has lasted nearly 3 years and 15 games the raiders have also loss to the Chargers 7 consecutive times. This is easily the Raiders biggest game since they made the superbowl but you wont hear the Raiders or HC Lane Kiffin say that.The Raiders are coming into this game off the bye week and are in great position to end this streak. The Raiders come into this game with the Nfl's #1 rushng attack (194 yd's per game) although they might be without Lamont Jordan who is a game time decesion. He has partcipated in practice but has not finished a practice. the raiders also will get a extra rb with Rhodes coming off suspension so if Lamont is out the Raiders have enough running weapons (fargas , rhodes, griffen and o'neal). On the passing game Dante has been great at managing the game setting up long drives and also hasnt made any mistakes. The raiders have many threats on offense but coming off a bye look for the Raiders to get the ball into their best wr's hands Ronald Curry and get the TE (miller and madsen) more involved.. With the o-line it has been great this year compared to last year, the zone blocking really seems to fit these players The raiders come into this game allowing 10 sacks that is great seeing that the raiders gave up 9 sacks in 1 game to the chargers last year lol. So Dante should have time if the Raiders decide or have to throw the ball, knapp and kiffin have been calling alot of rollouts and moving the pocket and calling screens to help take pressure off Dante. I have a feeling the raiders might try to attack a below average pass defense (247 yds a game).

Ok on the other side of the ball a couple of important things to note Gerard Warren who leads the raiders in sacks will be out, shouldnt be a big problem but he will be missed, Raiders can move Kelly to DT and give more reps to Clemons and rookie richardson at end. With Derrick Burgess he has been in and out of practice the last 2 weeks. He is the Raiders best pass rushers and him being out and not 100% healthy this year has hurt the Raiders defense. Im not sure he will start but from the look of things at the very least he will be in during pass rush situations which is huge. The raiders defense needs to do these 3 things if they want to shut down this chargers offense.

#1 shut down LT. He hasnt been himself this year but he can breakout at anytime and LT has been a Raider killer. during this losing streak against the chargers lt has oer 900 yds , 9 rushing td's and 2 passing td's. Everyone knows you have to stop LT.
#2 pressure Rivers. The raiders have totaled 8 sacks , 9 fumble recoveries and 8 int's on the year. and that its without sapp , Burgess not getting a sack and Asomugha with no int's. The raiders have the personal to pressure and frusterate Rivers who has shown to make costly mistakes all year. This is a big game for Sapp who last year when playing the chargers on a play he hit Rivers hard ut a little to late Rivers got the ball out to a WR for a big play and Rivers started to talk shit to sapp who was on the ground in disgust. In the offseason Sapp lost over 60 pounds to help get his quickness back, and that play was a big reason why. Sapp has been looking foward to get back at Rivers.
#3 shut down Gates. The raiders will counter Gates with Lb's Howard and Morrison who have been harrasing qb's te's and wr's these 2 lb's have 6 int's combined on the year which is crazy for lb's. The majority of those Int's have come from passes thrown over the middle where qb's are trying to get the ball to the TE. The raiders also can use Huff who has had sucess against te's.

Overall I think the Raiders really matchup well with the chargers all around the major key is LT. Last year the Raiders went into San Diego with the shittiest offense ever and got screwed of a win they were up 14-7 at onetime and loss 21-14 as 9-10 pt dogs. There is no reason why a team that has improved so much overall cant do the same only this time finish buisness. The time has come for the Raiders to end this afc west losing streak and finally compete once again and after the Raiders win this game the Raiders will end another streak next week at home when the Raiders beat the Chiefs who they havent beat in 8 games. The raiders are in control of their own destiny for the 1st time in like 5 years. So it is up to them what they do with it ....
Raiders are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. AFC West

Jax -6.5 vs Texans - I know I know The Jags usally play bad against the Texans for some reason and It doesnt help that the Texans beat the Jags both times last year. That should be enough motivation for the Jags to make a statement. We seen a game similar to this a few weeks back with the 49ers and Seahawks divison game , the 49ers beat the seahawks twice last year and the Seahawks got revenge this year by beating the 49ers convincingly. I think this game is very simialr. The Jags have been playing some nice ball especially Garrard. The texans havent been able to run lately(85 ydg)It dont matter if its Dayne , Gado or the banged up Green and the Jags did have trouble against the run early but seem to be improving and they are still a top d imo. The texans will have to win by passing the ball and their biggest weapon Andre Johnson is still day-to-day. I like the way the texans defense has been playing but the offense still has to many questions. I think the Jags offense will get going this week and putup some pts and improve from the 15.8 pts they have been averaging. I think jags win this game by DD ...
Jaguars are 7-1-2 ATS in their last 10 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.

Minny +5 and ML @ Chi Town - Ok the main reason I like the Viking's in this game is their Defense they have been solid all year they have one of the top rush defense's allowing only 62 yds a game that should be great for Minny as the bears have only averaged 82yds a game, Cedric benson is not cutting it. The Vikings have only been giving up an avearge of 14pts a game compared to the bears 23pts a game.I did like the way the bears pulled out that win vs Gb last week Greg Olsen looked good now Minny should be aware and add a little attention because the bears havent really done much on offense and It wont be any easier against this defense. They get their share of turnovers and sacks so far they have totaled 12 sacks , 5 int's, 9 fumble recoveries and 2 td's on the year. This should force Griese(mann) into some mistakes. Hopefully on special teams the vikings seen what the packers did because hester was a non factor for most the game. On the other side of the ball Tavaris Jackson makes his return I know this will be the main reason why most will fade minny(bears nice public play) based on this I actually think he is better suited for this offense than Holdcomb even though the numbers dont really tell so. I know this will be a hard matchup for the kid but I expect the Vikinga to Pound the ball with their 2 stud rb's and vet o-line (135 yds a game). I think the vikings can score just enough and make a close game I can see either team winning by a fg.
Vikings are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0.

Tenny ML @ Tampa - Now first off I wanna say Im really really impressed on this Titans defense I know its early but they have looked solid all year. Its still early but this defense hasnt given up a point in the 4th quarter all year. This defense gives up an average of 14.8 pts a game , 204 passing yds a game and 71 rushing yds a game. Those are great numbers. The Bucs who have struggled to run since the lost of Cad.Williams have a great challenge with the stout Titans defence anchored by Keith Bulluck. The Bucs have been a suprise this year and are 2-0 at home so its not gonna be easy for the Titans. Im not sure if the Bucs can manage to put up that many pts with no running game they will have to manage with Garcia and the passing game. On defense the Bucs have been great besides last week. They will most likely try a similar scheme on Young as they have used on Mike Vick, but Young unlike Vick thinks Pass before run. Young who is probaly coming off one his worse games as a NFL qb struggled all day against the Falcons defense last week, he didnt look like himself. I expect Young to bounce back and have a solid game against a young underrated bucs defense. The Titans will also test the Bucs run D who have been giving up 124 yds a game and the Titans come in with the #2 rushing attack averaging 153 yds per game. I think the Titans defense will pressure Garcia all day and force him into mistakes (Titans D has 8 sacks , 7 Ints , and 5 fumble recovories with a couple of TD's so far this year). On offense the Titans will pound the rock all day and take it to the Bucs defense I see the Titans pulling away late in the 2nd half as the Bucs D gets tired...
Titans are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog (won 4 out of 5 su)

Redskin ML @ Green Bay - This should be a great team. Favre is 3-0 lifetime against the Skins. These teams are coming off oppisite games the Packers has a horrible 2nd half against the bears at home for their 1st loss and the skins are coming off a 34-3 beatdown to a high powered offense in the lions. This should be a good matchup for the Skins defense If they can stop the packers running game which should be easy skins give up 86ydg and packers avg 67 yds a game. So everyone knows packers are gonna throw the problem is, I really like the matchup of this Redskins defense vs the Packers offense. They have the back 7 to hang with the packers (avg 182 passing yds a game). If the packers try those quick slants like they did against the bears the Redskins safty's (Taylor and Rookie Landry) will make them pay. The corners can play man with the green bay wr's. If the redskins can hang with the Lions offense they should be alright with this packers offense. On the other side of things I still like this packers defense but Redskins have some offense of weapons to attack the packers. (We well have to moniter Moss and Randel El as they are both questionable but they should both play) Redskins have two rb's to pound the packers stoud d. packers gie up 100 yds and skins average 130. The other thing I like is how gibbs added some plays for fb Sellers last week that guys is a monster and a thread in the run and pass. Cooley and Campbell have been a nice duo this year Cooley as 3 td's. This should be a good matchup and game. I think that Campbell and the Offense do just enough do get the job done and I think the Packers offense wll struggle with the Redskins defense...
Redskins are 4-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.

Zona -4 vs Panthers - Ok the 1st thing you have to look at going into this one is that you got 2 different starting qb's going into this game compared to who these teams started with at the start of the 07' season. Carr will be starting i think his 2nd or 3rd game for the Panthers and Warner is starting for the 1st time this year as Leinart is out for the year and no more qb contriversy. If you had to say which qb is playin better its easily Warner he led the cards to win some games late this year. I actually thought Warner was playing better than Leinart the thing that scares me is Warner is always good for an unexpected turnover here or their but overall I think he's solid with this team and Whisenhunt's system. With Carr he has been what he always has been a below average qb. He just seems off most the time very unconsistant. He has made some nice plays with his legs to spark up the panthers but nothing special. To top it off Carr is a little banged up so the Panthers had to sign Old man Vinny to replace Delhomme. On the cards defense side of things I like the cards the pressure Carr all day the cards have totaled on the year 14 sacks , 5 Int's and 7 fumble recoveries on the year. I think the offense could handle their own against an above average D in the panthers, It will also he a huge plus if Boldin came back this week, he sat out last week. Another thing i wanted to point out is panther are 3-0 away from home and Cards are 2-0 home. I like the cards in this game I dont think Carr can do enough against this stout defense and I dont think he will have much time to get Smith the ball. Cards pressure the qb like crazy I especially safety Adrian Wilson.
Cardinals are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 vs. NFC.

Cowboys +5 and ML vs Pats - ok on this game I know everyone has their different opinions on who will win and how but I honestly see the cowboys winning this game. Alot of different things to look at going into this game many people see NE the top afc teams and the same goes for the cowboys many see them the best nfc team. Both teams are 5-0. You got the T.O. vs Moss thing. You got that Moss hating on jerry jones for passing on him drama (shit scares me Moss fuckin hates the cowboys he always goes off on them). You got T.O hating on and wanting revenge on the Pats for beating the eagles in the superbowl, Alot of things to look at.

First off with the Bills game the cowboys and Romo obviously struggled the defense did pretty well as they were put in unfavorable situations most of the time but they handled the game well. As for Romo I think its kind of good he had all those mistakes and Int's against the Bills he will now be even more focused and sharp knowing he cant turn it over against god's gift to football the Patriots. Not really any big injurys for the cboys, Pats still have Maroney and Faulk on day-to-day but it hasnt matterd but It might because the Cowboys have been stout on rush d giving up 80yds a game but the Pats are even better at 74 yds a game. If Maroney is out I will give the edge to the cowboys running game if he's in its a push. If you look at the qb's the pats have been playing none of them that has as good as pocket awareness as Romo I think he can make some extra big plays with his feet by bying time like he has shown in the past, should be a plus for the cowboys. Dallas at Home vs God's gift to football ? Getcha popcorn ready...
Cowboys are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as an underdog.

Saints +6.5 and ML @ Seattle - Ok first of on this game Im banking on the Saints to get their 1st win of the season. There is almost nothing I can say , show numbers or anything that says to take the saints. I just have a nice feeling this team will show up on primetime and get their 1st win, It wont be easy Seattle is 2-0 at home and has one of the best homefield adantages in football and on primetime the place should be rocking. Seahawks will be without Deion Branch which is a huge blow to an Offense that only averages 17 pts a game. Seattle is coming off a road loss to pitt 21-0 they were dominated. The saints are coming off a dissapointing home loss which should have been a win. The saints have really been struggling and one of the main reasons is Brees he has a 1 td and 9 int's on the year. On defense they have been horrible all year but last week they didnt look to bad they only gave up under 250 yds that is solid for a defense that hasnt been so good. I know this will not be a popular play on primetime but I see +6-7 pts and +250 ml is huge value for a team struggling for its first win. It wont be easy but I think they can do it....
Saints are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing less than 250 total yards in their previous game.

Gmen -3 @ ATL - Ok first I want to say the Ginants may be one of the biggest public plays and -3 looks like a trap but I will bite lol. The gmen are going into this game trying to win its fourth straight game. The gmen are coming off a game were they trailed 10 at the half to the Jets but rallied in the 2nd half and scored 28 to win 35-24.
The falcons are coming off a game against the Titans, the falcons defense forced i think 5 turnovers and the Offense moved the ball well at times. The falcons continue to struggle with fg's so it should be noted. On offense the gmen have been playing great. Plax is tied in the nfl with 7 td passes, Ward has been carrying the ball well and jacobs s is getting healthy he had over 100 yds last week to help the gmen out up over 180 rushind yds, he and Ward each had a TD. I dont think the falcons have enough weapons on defense to matchup with the offense I do think they can pressure the qb but from the back 7 they are average. On the other side of the ball it looks like the gmen d-line could have a big game again. The Falcons will start 2 new tackles one rooki the other a 2nd year player they also have rookie guard Blalock starting. This should be a big advantage for a veteran d-line. The Giants have to stop Roddy white he has been the falcons most consistant offense of threat besides that nothing really stands out, the falcons only have 1 rushing td going into this game. I think the falcons are just overmatced of course they could try and pull what the Bills did last monday but I wont bet on it. I will take the gmen to get their fourth straight win of the year ....
Giants are 32-8 ATS in their last 40 games after accumulating more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game.

*on Browns vs Phins Iwill be on where ever the line goes it it goes up for the Phins I will be on them if it goes down I will be on the Browns.

leans and need to look at more , Natti -3 , Jets ml and Rams ...

2007 NFL YTD:

ATS : 25-22-6 (-2.10 units)
Underdog ML : 10-21 (+14.68 units)
2nd Half plays. 5-1 (+1.40 units)
parlays 2-3 (+.15 units)

Last edited:
* will update early plays in this post closer to game time

nfl week 6:

ats -

Bengals -2 ( 1 unit)
Jags -6 -120 (1.8 units to win 1.5 units)
Minny +4 ( 1 unit)

underdog ml's:

Titans +120 (2.5 units to win 3 units)
Redskins +140 (2.16 units to win 3 units)
Minny ML +185 (.27 unit to win .50 unit)
Phins +165 (.26 unit to win .60 unit)

parlay's: #1 rams +9 and Phins +4 (.4 unit to win 1 unit)

#2 - Raiders +10 , Jags -6 and Tenny +3 ( 1 unit to win 5 )

underdog ml parlay : raiders , titans and skins (.23 unit to win 6)

Last edited:
be careful with the browns only because their isn't a whole lot of film on their backup and don't be surprised with a high scoring game in this one. Anderson should do decently considering the secondary problems that miami has.

The big question mark is the offensive line play of the browns. Crennel in a post game press conference last weekend said "the offensive line play had not been as good as it's been." I attribute this directly to Ryan Tucker (right tackle) comming back from a 4 game suspension. I think the line will start comming together better this week but i do not expect a full protect max protection type of blocking because the players are still getting used to each other and still developing chemistry.

Defense, is going to be questionable, as long as they can apply some pressure i think it will end up being an OK defensive day.

any reason you're picking either team in one game depending online movement? i assume u think the # is spot on where it is, and a half point in either direction will be too much value to pass up? thats not a solid strategy, by any means. what's am i missing?

yes! Oakland time, but losing value on the line as time goes by. I gotta play thru a local 15 minutes before the game. You tink the line goes back up to 10?

for any1 that cares .....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=474 border=0><TBODY><TR height=30><TD></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD id=tdNews style="BACKGROUND: #e7e3e7; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px" vAlign=top><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=11>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #000000" width=10>
left_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #000000" width=430><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33>
OAK.gif
</TD><TD align=left> LaMont Jordan-RB- Raiders</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Oct. 10 - 4:03 pm et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #000000" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>LaMont Jordan (back) returned to Raiders practice Wednesday.
That the Raiders didn't ease him back into action is a great sign for Jordan's chances of playing this week. Jordan's injury appeared to be severe in Week 4, but he had the bye to recuperate. He may be listed as "limited" and questionable on Friday, but appears to be improving ahead of schedule.
Source: Sacramento Bee
Related: Justin Fargas, Dominic Rhodes
<TD class=s_playerNewsRightBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff" width=10>
left_corner_bt_player_news.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: url(../../images/bottom_border_player.gif) #ffffff repeat-x">
pixel.gif
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND: #ffffff" width=14>
right_corner_bt_player_news.gif
</TD><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=share></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I really like the Titans pick... All signs point to VY. Last week was a disaster game for them, with 5 turnovers. The Bucs D will bend under the scrambling attack.

In the TENN-TB game, a good sign for you is that AFC South is 11-1 SU outside the conference and NFC South is 3-9 and two of those were against St Louis. But I would avoid Minnesota since their lack of passing game will mean Bears can keep base D in and stop the run. And in Seattle, NO is terrible and you think their first win comes against a hungry Seattle team that has a great home field advantage? Good luck to you.

updated all write ups..

still looking hard at the Bengals still unsure

looking like westbrook will play and eagles coming off a bye? wont take the jets. If jamal is out its huge for the Browns because phins are horrible against the run I really thought Jamal could have done some damage. And i wont touch the rams or ravens ....

Nfl week 6 underdog ml:

Raiders +450 (2.22 units to win 10 units)

*betting this right now because I dont know where this line will be before gametime. I will most likely add more on the ml and on the spread I just dont wanna see this get to +390 again like it was earlier in the week... If it hits +500 i will be pissed lol

haha ... seen "grieseman" has caught on even out west where u are. u got the minny/bears game how i see it too.

hope your boys give sd all they can handle. i'll be rooting for ya.

day games:

Raiders +10 ( 2 units)
Cboys +5 (1 unit)

dog ml's:

Raiders +425 (.46 to win 2units)
Cowboys +205 (.48 to win 1 unit)

love the writeups
always look forward to reading actual material rather than a line beside a unit

fuck i got rocked this weekend the way thing are going fade this play

snf:
Saints +6 ( 2units)
saints ml +220 (1.6 to win 3.5)

What we were afraid of with your boys happened yesterday, Throwback.

Culpepper decided to whip his d*ck out an p*ss all over us.

Hrumph.

We'll get it back.

What we were afraid of with your boys happened yesterday, Throwback.

Culpepper decided to whip his d*ck out an p*ss all over us.

Hrumph.

We'll get it back.

that goaline stance before the Half fucked up the whole game, if they would have got 7 I think the raiders would have been in position for a win but fuckin Culpepper showed his true colors ...

The defense was just awful , rumors im hearing is their might be a fire sale on D , any1 is available for trade besides , Howard , Morrison , Kelly and Aso. Any1 else is available, and as much as i love Rob Ryan i think he may be in the hot seat ...

*mainly for self tracking

nfl week6:

ATS : 4-3 ( +4.10 units)
2nd Half plays: 0-2 (-3.6 units)
underdog ml's 2-5 ( -4.10)
parlays 0-3 ( -1.63)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will post thoughts and obseravtions of week 6's game's in a bit .......

Back