NFL Week 5

Throwback420

Diehard L.A. fan
Well first off the first quarter of the Nfl has been good so far. On last week called some nice upsets on the ML . This week i think we might see alot more close games maybe some ot games, last week their were quite a few beatdowns I think this week might be different and some top teams might get a scare or lose straight up. Alot of times my plays look weird to some for Instance last week i had chiefs pts and ml not to many people agreed but I just play them how I see them. On to week 5 ...........

NFL WEEK 5:

Jags -2 @ KC - Ok last week I picked the chiefs to upset the chargers, Now this week's game is much harder but the Chiefs get to play at home which always a hard place to play, Arrowhead is no joke. The Jags proved they can win on the road by beating the broncos at Invesco field. They are coming off a bye week so they have had plenty of time to scout the chiefs. One thing that will be different in this game compared to the sd game is that Garrard and Rivers are totaly different qb's. I knew rivers would make some mistakes against a solid defense in the Chiefs. Imo I think Garrard has all the tools and weapons to pick apart this Chiefs defense. He can do it with his arm or legs. He has not threw a pick all year so im confident he can play smart. Jags also have a nice 1-2 punch to pound the rock. Last year Larry Johnson ran for 138 yds and 3 tds, so you know the Jags defense wants to get revenge on him. All though the Chiefs offense has been clicking in its last 2 games I like the Jags defense to match up with the Chiefs. I think this game will be close with the Jags pulling away late. Also i think this is a revenge game from last year, I think these 2 played for a playoff spot and the Chiefs won 35-30 * All trends point to the Chiefs as a home underdog but im going against them

Redskins -3 vs Lions - I know this is an unpopular pick but I really like the Redskins defense to give Kitna and the Lions offense fits. The lions have been great this year passing the ball(312 ypg) and the Redskins defense has been great this year against the pass(217 ypg) so it should be a nice matchup. The lions are coming off a crazy 4th quarter against the Injured Bears. The skins had a bye last week but the week before they allowed the gmen to score 21 unanswered in the 2nd half to blow a 14pt lead at home. It was a crucial loss this team could have been 3-0. I know Moss and Portis are banged up and I will moniter there health before I put my play in. If Portis is out oh well, Moss out would be huge imo. I think Jason Campbell will do just enough against a sub par defense, He will not pull a Brian Griese that is for sure. I still believe the main matchup will be the Lions Offense vs the Skins defense. I think redskins will get a couple of scores on defense or special teams in this one. Redskins are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games following a bye week.

Dolphins +5 and or Ml @ Hou -

Seahawks +5.5 and ML @ Pitt - The Rematch of Superbowl XL - I really like the seahawks to win this game. I know alot of people really love this team but imho I think they are really over rated. The cards defense man handled the steelers offense. If it wasn't for a long bomb on a 3rd and 20+ yds the score wouldn't have been that close. The seahawks defense is coming off a game against the 49ers only allowing 3 pts. I think this defense can rattle big ben into some turnovers just like the cards did. I know this game is at Pitt and the steelers are something else at home but I will take my chances. This should be a great game I think seahawks win a late one by a FG. Seahawks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as an underdog.

Browns +17 and ML @ NE -

Cards -3.5 @ STL - To say the Rams are banged up is an understatement they have 15+ players on the injury sheet. This is not you normal rams. This team has been so erratic from the running game to the passing game. The oline cant even block for Bulger. The offense averages only 9.8 pts a game.The main thing is their defense they are just horrible they have been giving up 26 pts a game they also give up 156 yds a game rushing and you know damn well that Whisenhunt wants to pound the rock. Edge has been pretty solid this year so im sure he can pound this sorry rams defense. I know on Offense the cards have a huge qb controversy but who cares as long as they are both playing well. The cards have really been playing well especially on defense, Adrian Wilson is the most under rated player in the NFL the guy is just crazy. I expect this defense to give the rams some fits. Cardinals are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 vs. NFC West.

Gmen -3.5 vs J-E-T-S -

SD ML @ Denver - Alright this is a huge game in the afc west and this game will affect a game I have been spoting all year the Raiders ML @ SD in week 6. If San Diego Wins Raiders should have huge value on the ML if the Chargers lose value will not be as good so onto the game...

I think this is the game LT finally breaks lose unless Norv Turner fucks it up and only he can lol. The broncos defense has been giving up an average of 181 yds per game on the run. Wow thats alot. I know the Dolts have only averaged only 86yds running we all know that LT is better than that. I know the Chargers won both games last year against the broncos and you sure as hell know they want revenge. Denver's pass D has been solid only giving up 114yds that is crazy. Norv Turner must pound the rock if the chargers want this game and I think even Norv knows that atleast I hope lol. If the running game gets going it should open up the Pass and Gates and Jackson should get some huge plays. For denvers offense 2 startes are banged up Walker and Henry that should be huge. If Walker is out that will be huge because the Dolts have been horrendous on pass defense but pretty solid against the run so Broncos will most likely have to pass. I think the chargers need to get their pass rush going. They should rattle Cutler into some mistakes which he has shown in afc west matchups. I think Chargers win a close back and forth battle as LT has his breakout game. Chargers are 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games as an underdog of 0.5-3.0.
Broncos are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 vs. AFC West.

Green Bay -3 vs Da Bears -

Bills +10 and ML vs Cowboys -

leans or need to look at more Ravens , Bucs , Tenny ....

Throwback's Boxing Special Oct 6:

Marco Antonio Barrera +285

+ ko prop +850

------------------------------------------------
2007 NFL YTD:

ATS : 19-17-3 ( -1.40 units)

Underdog ML : 10-16 (+15.30 units)

2nd Half plays. 5-1 ( +1.40 units)

parlays 2-2 (+1.15 units)

Last edited:
*will post official early plays in this post closer to game time or as i make them
-------------------------------------------------------------

NFL week 5:

Seahawks +6 (2 units)
Jags -2 (2 units)
Titans -7 -120 (1.5 unit)
Cards -3 -125 ( risking 2 units to win 1.6 units)
skins -3 -125 ( risking 2 units to win 1.6 units)
Browns +17 ( 1 unit)
Phins +5 (1 unit)
Gmen -3 -120 ( 1 unit)

underdog ml :

seahawks +230 (.42 unit to win 1 unit)
Browns +1100 (.20 unit to win 2 units)
phins +190 (.26 unit to win .50 unit)

Last edited:
Throwback - I know this is way off the topic of Pro Football, but how about Pavlik the other night?

Knocked Taylor the f*ck out, and showed a lot of heart in doing so. Great fight to that point though, with Taylor winning just about every round until the knockout.

Throwback - I know this is way off the topic of Pro Football, but how about Pavlik the other night?

Knocked Taylor the f*ck out, and showed a lot of heart in doing so. Great fight to that point though, with Taylor winning just about every round until the knockout.

great fight I was in total shock. I was so sad not cuz i lost a few buck but because Taylor has been my favorite present day fighter. I thought Taylor had him in the 2nd but he didn't finish him. besides that jab Taylor never seemed hurt then boom that right cross finished him. I give Pavlik major props but if they fight again and if Taylor is the underdog I will pound him. He will win the rematch.

I like the cards play too, Pitt has played a couple good games, but after last weeks disappointing loss, I think they are a bit overrated. Cards ATS IMO. Also like the Phins to upset. Will probably ML that one as well.

BOL this week

MNF:

Bills +11 (3.5 units)

Bills ML +425 (.22 to win 1 unit) just for value in case ...

* was waiting for 11 all day and it just changed at book maker. I want to add a little on the ML but the bills wont win may out to win 1 unit

* put another .5 unit on the Bills +11 at -120

Last edited:
*this is mainly for my self tracking

nfl week 5

ATS: 6-5-3( -0.70 unit)

Underdog ml's: 0-5 (-1.62 unit)

parlays 0-1: (-1 unit)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well week 5 in the nfl was a little crazy but not good for me betting. On the games 1st off on the Bills what a hell of a game its sad to see them lose and I feel for the Bills fan's and bills ml backers. As a raider fan that Icing the kicker was crazy as the raiders seen that twice this year fucked them and helped them. Bills defense played grat for all the no name players they have. O the packer game what a shame. That loss fuckin hurt for me atleast that really fucked up my weekend. The beard D what they do best cause fuckin turnovers. The packers play calling in the 2nd half was just horrible to fuckin consirvative. Im still high on their defense. The Ravens and 49ers offense both suck I dont even want to talk about that game and loss. I was totally off on the Bucs as the colts did what they wanted with them. I just cant figure out the NFC South teams I lose alot of games which have those teams playing.

On the skins and Det, skins defens is for real they shut down Kitna and the Lions. The rookie Landry looks sick out there. Campbell keep playing solid and getting W's. On the Pitt vs the seahawk game I was way off. I still feel the steelers are somewhat over rated. If it wasnt for that int b4 the half I think that game would have been much more competitive. The dolphin and texan game was a good solid game. The phins just find ways to loose a + for them is Trent Green is out Imo he dont have it no more anyways.
Saints just cant win as the Panther get lucky and pull off the win. I wasnt kiding when saying I cant get a feel for the NFC south teams I would have played the Saints but im glad i layed off. On the panthers thieir Defense is starting to come along but the Offense and Carr need to get up to speed. I see carr theor to many errent passes just like he did with the texans. On the cards and rams what a dame moose push, I hate that shit. The cards easily won that game and had the spread won but rams come back to fuck bettors lol. with Leinart out and Warner now the fulltime started it helps and hurts them. He a solid veteran but he is damn turnover prone and that worries me. I think this cards team can win the divison if they keep improving week to week.

on the Titan game it was easily one of Young's worse games as a NFL qb. He didnt look rite from the start and I was fortunate to get a push on -7. The titans defense is really solid and under rated. They won this game easily for the titans. They cause alot of turnovers, pressure the qb and play smart. I really like this teams and expect young to bounce back. On the Falcons Petrino is really losing his team imo. This falcon team is just bad and I dont see them getting better untill they get Brohm lol. On the Browns game man what a loss and a push (-16 and -17) I have never been so pissed. Start the game with a turnover end it with a turnover ughhh. That fumble by winslow really hurt but why didnt Romeo call a run play ? The pats are 2 good but I still think Cowboys beat them. Also I hate Randy Moss. Giants are just wow in the 2nd half. They just keep coming back. down 17-7 at the Half they come back and score 4td's in the 2nd half. The nfc east is damn deep. The jets are just umm i dont know. I ecpected alot more from them I think its time to start Clemens.

Ok on to what I know best the AFC west. The jags went to arrowhead and got a nice win and LJ didnt do a damn thing as the jags got revenge just like I thought. Its gets better as a raider fan as Croyle is now the starter and he was horrible in pre season but he lead the cheifs to their only score of the game. The jags are for real and a nice balanced team. I still want to see the offense put up more pts. With the Broncos and Chargers. Chargers showed who the real broncos are as they man handled him and if it wasnt for 2 close win where the Broncos were out played in both they can easily be 0-5. This team is bad but people still like them I dont know why. With the chargers are they back ? I dont really think so I knew they would win the game but not like that. With both the broncos and chiefs losing the Raiders are now in 1st place of the afc west I know it dont mean shit but who would have thought ? With the chargers winning like they did everyone thinks they are back and so does vegas as the raider opened as +10 dogs and +450 on the ML. This could easily be the raiders biggest game since their superbowl loss to the bucs they havent been good since then. should be a great week 6

Back