[TD]Sides 9-6 +2.41
Totals 3-2 +.72
Half 0-2 -1.66
Tease 1-1 - 0.40
prop: 2-1 +0.50[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
14-12 +1.57

Week 3 saw me get back in black. I really like this weeks card. Having three weeks of data has strengthen my database, and has led to my largest play of the young year.

ATLANTA -2 (3) BIG BET
My line: ATL -4.5

On the surface we have 3-0 team playing at 1-2 team. Atlanta has been trashed recently by the NFL pundits as a team that is under-performing and really isn't ready to take that next step. A closer look shows that the Falcons have faced the tougher competition (2 quality games to the Patriots 0), and their two losses at NO and Miami could have been wins. There is concern with the ATL's O-line, especially on the outside, but I'm confident that Ryan will continue to find a way to make it work. On the other side, the Pats have had a cupcake schedule that has skewed their numbers, especially on the defense side of the ball. Two victories have come against rookie QB's in Smith and Manuel. Both game could have been losses, mainly because the NE offense is NOTHING like it was in the past. There are rumors that Gronk and Amedola are coming back this week, but I believe that will have more relevance next week (if Amendola can make through this week) as neither player can be expected to be in football shape. That means more Dobson, Tomkins, and Edelman. If not for the schedule, NE would not be 3-0. You won't find many teams that average 4.5 YPP 3-0. Their defense 4.7 YPP is more of a function of competition than who they have played. My numbers say ATL wins this one 24-17, which leads means to my next play.

ATL/NE UNDER 50 (1.25)

My line: 44

I mentioned the Pats offensive struggles above, but he Falcons are not without their own concerns. Specifically, their offensive tackles have been amongst the worst in football. This means that Ryan will not have the time needed to allow longer routes down field to develop, which will lead to short passes. The Falcons offense has need 11.3 yards to put up a point, which is better than the league average. Their defense has forced opponents to gain 41.9 yards to score a point, which is outstanding. On passes that are in the air for 10 yards or less, Tom Brady has only been accurate on 73.3% of his passes; the third-worst rate in the league.

Hou/Sea UNDER 42 (1.25)

My line 40.5

Both teams allow below the league average of 5.4 YPP (Hou 4.3, Sea 4.4). Each teams offensive weapons are counteracted by the other teams defensive strengths. Both teams love to establish the run, and I think we will see alot of running and not many plays of over 20 yards, of which Schaub attempts only 6.3% of the time and Wilson 13.7% of the time. Wilson actually has had decent success with passes over 20 yards, but with Okung out, I would expect a drop in production.

Jax/Indy UNDER 42.5 (.125)

My line: 39

The departure of coach Arians has transformed this Colts teams from a chuck and duck team, to a team that is looking to establish the power running game. Bradshaw being out hurts, but they will have there new horse T Rich to ride. The Jags average a league worse 3.5 yards per play, so maybe they score 10. It's a possible trap game for Indy, so if they do fall into that mindset a close game will help the under. I don't think they do. Call it 24-13.

LIONS -3, -105 (1.25)

My line: Det -4.5

This is a game is set up for Detroit. Chicago has been winning with some late game heroics (Cincy, and Minny). Moreover, the Pitt game was a 27-23 game until Pitt self destructed. So while being 3-0 is quite commendable it help us snag some value on a Lions team that gets Reggie Bush back to help the offense. This is the only game where one team has a better YPP on offense AND defense. I like the lines to win convincingly this week.

I will back with the teaser of the week, and some thoughts later. Any questions or comments, I will be popping in and out today.

Good Luck,

:shake:

Last edited:
Adding:

Az/Tampa UNDER 40.5 (1.25)

Tampa's offense has been going nowhere. Both starting WR's are facing injury concerns, and they are starting a rookie QB. Tampa'd D on the other hand is only allowing 4.8 yards per play, and AZ may find themselves struggling on the road here. An ugly 20-17 game is not out of the question.

Last edited:
Thanks Steed.

Adding a "key" parlay. Not something I do often, but my estimated win % on ATL and UNDER call for it:

ATL -2.5 (key), Atl/Ne un 49.5, and Det -3. Risking 1 to win 6

Good points. I really like ATL at home- you're right, Pats haven't done a damn thing and I think had VJax not gone out, TB would've played them closer.

Just curious, but what are your thoughts on Saints-Fins? I locked in Saints at -6.5 and feel very comfortable with it. I'll feel even better if ATL beats the Pats which will make Saints play harder to keep that 2 game lead up in the NFC South.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Egg- your point make me like the Steelers even more. I've been on the fence with them, but I feel the breakout is coming, may add to card.

D8 - Mints baby, mints.

Trash TD - I made the Saints 6. I think the line is right. The Saints get a "4" for home field on my power ratings. My real lean is the UNDER, which will likely be added to the card. The Saints defense is for real. That being said, Cameron Wake being either 50% or out is a big deal. Bottom line: I think the line it right on, leaning under, and considering NO in a teaser.

Teaser of the week:

SAINTS -1 and COLTS -2 (2)

Player Props:

L.FITZ UNDER 72.5 yards rec (.25)
: Palmer has looked skittish when faced with pressure in the pocket. The Bucs defense will be creating such pressure. Add that to Fitz still battling a linger hammy and being shadowed by Revis, doesn't node well.

D.Hopkins UNDER 60.5 yards rec (.25): Two factors here: One, rookie WR's off big games tend to falter the next game as more attention is paid to them. Second, Brandon Browner will be on Hopkins and that's going to make things tough.

Didn't think about the under but I like it. Saints D is legit and at the Dome, the place will be rockin. And I am not sold on Miami at all. Brees under the lights is special too.

Close but no bet...

For starters, I will be betting the UNDER in tomorrows No/Mia game. I think we all get that feeling on games of, "should I bet it, or not". Here mine. I'm writing this out to make me feel better, and get it out of my system:

PITTSBURGH: Any thing under "3" and I would bet Pitt. I feel they are ready to break out, but I need less than a FG as my number was Pitt -3

Balt/Buf UNDER 44. My number is 42. I can see Buffalo finding a way to get to 20, and Baltimore getting to 24...just too damn close. Still lean under.

CLEVELAND +3.5: Fits the reverse line move and fade angle, but I can't bet on Hoyer, not with a week of film on him, and even without the Cincy Dback injuries. Situation SCREAMS Cleveland. If Cincy were not playing Cleveland, I likely would bet against them. Coming off wins against Pitt, GB, and NE on deck is tough. But Cle is a rivalry.

HOUSTON: Need a "3" plan and simple.

GIANTS: Yes, they can be this bad. Missing 3 starters on the o-line, a d-line that live in the past and a secondary soft as charmin. You have to wonder....is Coughlin being tuned out?

JETS: They are the side at +3.5, but Geno ain't getting my money against a Tenny team that my PR says is -5.8

Dallas/Sd UNDER. No issue from the Dallas side, but SD's defense is starting to really get exposed.

:thinking:

A good day was spoiled when I lost my top bet in Atlanta. Still, I had alot of games correct, and I have the SAINTS -1 closing out a teaser for 2 units. On top of that I'm adding:

Saints/Dolphins UNDER 48.5 (1.25)

My line 44.5

Two of the top defensive units face off tonight. The Saints improvement on defense has been remarkable, and the Dolphins have continued to play good defense going back to 2010. Tonight, I expect a closer game, as the Dolphins have shown poise on the road. Barring turnovers or sepcial teams TD, this one is lining up as a 24-20 affair.

GL

Post 16 - you really nailed most of these games bro. TOugh luck on the under in HOu. Should have had a winner.

I'm with you tonight on the under. I need this one in a big way.

Back