NFL Week 2

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
Last week I broke even and missed out on the Bills and Packers. New week, here goes nothing...

Tampa -7 +102 5 units W
Minnesota ML +110 5 units L
Oakland +3.5 -111 5 units W
New England ML +100 5 units W
St Louis +9 -116 5 units L
San Francisco +7 -101 4 units W
This is too much for a flat, injury-plagued Seattle team to lay in division play. Look in tee*dub's thread for a detailed breakdown.

Tampa opened at -9, then there was the expected public overreaction to Tampa's loss in New Orleans and Atlanta's spanking of Detroit. This overreaction presents the odd situation where the public is on a road dog. The line has been bet down to 7, so I will gladly play the contrarian here and make the value investment.

Minnesota opened at +2 and are now +1 although most bets are on Indy as the road fave. Both lost in the first week, but I expected Minnesota to lose, and although I liked Chicago to cover the 10.5, Indy looked off. Manning was not connecting with Harrison and Wayne effectively, and the OL was collapsing in front of Addai. Jeff Saturday is a game time decision. I will take the home dog with the attributes I know to make a good team: good defense, good OL, good running game. Tavaris Jackson had decent moments last week, but I still think he is the worst starter in the league. He could be the one thing that holds Minnesota back. Still, give me the Vikings around even money on the moneyline.

Oakland opened at +4 then dropped to +3.5 despite most action on KC. This could be another overreaction to week one performances. Denver ran away with that game in Oakland on Monday night and did so without their star WR Brandon Marshall. KC hung tough with the Patriots. It seems that this game should be a spanking in Arrowhead, yet we have a line that indicates a much closer game. I'll take the 3.5 and hope for a KC win by a FG or an Oakland victory.

Last edited:
Looks solid chip, BOL

kind of on your same lines of thinking and playing the under in that one instead.

Now that Cap has posted, I can say publicly that I will also be looking to bet New England. ;)

The reason is simple: overreaction. Belichick runs his team with a good system -- good defense, good line play, the best coaching, and multiple RB's. I'm likely going to take the points.

GL Bluechip. Like em all but the Oaktown Play.I will be on the Chiefs probably.Also like the Redskins but think my fanhood will be in question.

I know what you mean. Overwhelming action in on Saints, yet the line is steady at 1. This makes me suspicious.

Me too.I think they are luring in Saints backers. We got Harper,Fujita,and Colston and Yag out.If Mckenzie can't go we are left with Bullocks and David playing.OH MY. Plus offensively the Redskins D matches up well against us.I got Redskins winning this one by a TD.To me its the best game on the board.SHIT

Now that Cap has posted, I can say publicly that I will also be looking to bet New England. ;)

The reason is simple: overreaction. Belichick runs his team with a good system -- good defense, good line play, the best coaching, and multiple RB's. I'm likely going to take the points.

:eyes:!!!!!!!!

Me too.I think they are luring in Saints backers. We got Harper,Fujita,and Colston and Yag out.If Mckenzie can't go we are left with Bullocks and David playing.OH MY. Plus offensively the Redskins D matches up well against us.I got Redskins winning this one by a TD.To me its the best game on the board.SHIT

Over? If the players you mention are out that should lead to more points. I think Brees is more the key than Colston.
If butterfingers Henderson can hang on to the ball New Orleans should easily put up 20.
I am also afraid that wont be enough. Over it is and MAYBE the Saints can squeek it out.

And I too like the Tampa play but worry about how Greasey will play.

Over? If the players you mention are out that should lead to more points. I think Brees is more the key than Colston.
If butterfingers Henderson can hang on to the ball New Orleans should easily put up 20.
I am also afraid that wont be enough. Over it is and MAYBE the Saints can squeek it out.

And I too like the Tampa play but worry about how Greasey will play.

Washington should be able to run the football effectively tomorrow though.... thus managing the game and keeping brees off the field.

NO gave up near 150 on the ground to the bucs... now theyre on the road against a team that has two backs that are better then TB's.

Ernest graham shouldnt even be a #1 back in this league IMO

i am not high on cambell at all but if they can run the football effectively he wont need to play a big role.... plus we know the saints secondary is extremely banged up

I agree with nawlins in that the line is begging for saints money, just looks too easy to a lot of people...

Washington should be able to run the football effectively tomorrow though.... thus managing the game and keeping brees off the field.

NO gave up near 150 on the ground to the bucs... now theyre on the road against a team that has two backs that are better then TB's.

Ernest graham shouldnt even be a #1 back in this league IMO

i am not high on cambell at all but if they can run the football effectively he wont need to play a big role.... plus we know the saints secondary is extremely banged up

I agree with nawlins in that the line is begging for saints money, just looks too easy to a lot of people...

It sure does Cap. Looks to easy.I will probably play a little on the Skins but I won't post it...lol. I think the Saints are in trouble tomorrow. It is a huge square play.By the way I hope your Jets fuck the PATS UP.:cheers:

Tampa -7 +102 5 units
Minnesota ML +110 5 units
Oakland +3.5 -111 5 units
New England ML +100 5 units
San Francisco +7 -101 4 units

Love Minny and SF as you know.. Oakland play looks a little odd, but agree, I think they can't look as bad as they did on Monday.. I miscapped that one and am not going to make two mistakes in a row on a questionmark team.

No opinion on Tampa and think I probably disagree with you on NE, but hope you are right..

Looks like a profit for you today.:cheers:

49ers Always Scare Me Off, Great Call On That Game...:shake:

BTW...A's go 2-0 After I Bash Them...HAHA...:cheers:

Back