NFL Week 2

frankiegotti

Power Boat Enthusiast
YTD:

1-2

Strong Leans:

Minnesota +3.5: Detroit still has to show me that can beat decent teams. Beating oakland still dosen't prove that they are legitimate. Minny still has if not the best one of the best front 7's in the league. Also, Kitna from years past has proved that pressure is not his friend and he may be playing on a "changed" team but i will side with his history. Detroit let's up 21 on oakland come on, tavaris jackson may have 3 td passes in this one. Peterson should have a good showing as well.

Cincinatti: God knows i love the browns unequivically, but they are in a bad way right now. The coaching staff is on it's way out and they may not do things best for the team but best for keeping their jobs.

New Orleans: Opening night was a HUGE dissapointment for them. I think they are successful in all aspects of their offensive gameplan is this matchup. Tampa Bay just dosen't have the bodies to keep up with them, defensive players are getting old, they have Gaines Adams but i am sure his knowledge is still limited in the defensive scheme and participation will be limited as well. (will only consider if i can buy down to 3 at a reasonable price)

San Diego: Distractions surround NE and that has proven to be a bad thing in years past. LT has a lot of revenge on his mind after what he called "Patriots celebration a reflection on their coaching", he will get his. Chargers defense is a sound and get a alot of pressure starting with their NT.

Leans:

NYJ: I think Kellen Clemens is going to be the next good story for QB's. He has a huge arm and an inteligent mind to go along with it. I like NYJ to win straight up.

Green Bay: I really really really like the defense. Brett Favre isn't going to put up peyton like numbers, but he dosen't have to. He just can't screw it up and have 3 interceptions with a fumble. I think GB just out plays NYG.

Sure, they are a solid team, santonio holmes is becomming a solid reciever, this new coach tomlin needs to give willie parker more slip screens for him to be more effective and to run at the edges. 2 TE sets really don't fit pittsburgh's style of offense but you'll never know what works until you try it. But then again why fix it if it ain't broken.

Their defense is going to be better than last year. With only 1 true starting CB Deshea Townsend, the other three are competing for the starting job, but my guess is management paid Ike Taylor so much they kind of feel obligated to start him. McFadden and Coakley are also good corners are are upping the level of compettition each week resulting in better CB play. NT Casey Hampton is what makes this defense so effective, his push up the middle takes 1 or 2 guys every play thus opening up huge lanes for LB's to penitrate, anyone will tell you that knows 3-4 scheme, it's all about linebackers getting penetration.

I would consider to lay the wood here, but JP lossman just looked so good at the end of last season. It looked like he finally got it, so i am just laying off. Marshaun Lynch looks like last years joseph addai, there's only 1 true threat at reciever (Lee Evans), but i would inquire to someone who knows bills football about their 0-line, and that would be a good deciding factor.

BOL on whatever you decide.

Back