Nfl week 2

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
6-2 week 1
3 team 10 pt teaser open. Closing with Alabama -.5 (so what if its college)

Week 2:

Browns +7
Any time you play the browns, it’s a hold your nose type play. But there is zero reason the Ravens should be laying 7 points on the road to anybody right now. You saw how Baltimore beat Buffalo last week, and credit them for getting the win, but that is how they want to play; ugly and low scoring. You could even argue that Cleveland has more explosive players on the offensive side of the ball than Buffalo does.
The move from RG3 to McCown only makes me like it more. We know what to expect from him and we know he isn’t sexy, but he knows how to run an offense and isn’t going to throw jump ball after jump ball the way Griffin did. Hell be more likely to utilize Barnidge (who did nothing last week) and short passes to Duke Johnson. Those kind of plays waste time and move the ball. 17-13 Ravens, although dotn be shocked if there is a Cleveland straight up win here.

Panthers -13
We saw the same thing last year: SF wins in that weird late night game week 1 and then comes back to earth. This game is going to be domination. Carolina is home and hungry for their first win and aren’t going to let Blaine Gabbert move the ball at all. 34-9 Carolina.

Tennesse/Detroit over 47
Overs all day. Tennessee has a decent offense, Minnesota just has a great defense. But they will get theirs in Detroit. And Detroit may be legit this season. Obviously we have to wait and see, but both teams should get 3 tds and some change 28-24 Lions

Miami + 6.5
I’ll admit, it is not fun to bet against New England. But you kind of have to take this side, as there are a clear 2 extra points on this line. Part of it is because New England is always overvalued a bit because of their popularity, and part is because of last week. Great win for them in Arizona, but everything went right for them and you could tell Bellichick really got his team hyped by playing the underdog card. They don’t have that this week and are due for somewhat of a letdown. 20-17 Pats

New Orleans/Giants over 53
Both teams chuck the ball, both defenses are below average. New Orelans is going to be in a ton of shootouts this year, and I am going to keep on betting the over of their games until it bites me. 33-30 here, I don’t care who wins

Arizona -6.5
At first glance this line looks high. But a few factors push me in this directrion: 1. Jameis is still young and will have rough games, especially on the road. 2. Zona will be pissed 3. Tampa Bay looked much better than they are because Atlanta is really really bad. It wont be as easy this week. 28-20 Cardinals.

Oakland -4.5
Fade Atlanta now while they are still getting lined as a mid-level team. They are a bad team and are a complete mess. Playing in Oakland is not easy for anyone, and it was valuable to bet the raiders there even when they were bad. Now they are good and playing a crappy team and I see a rout. 35-17

Jacksonville +3
You saw what happened to the Chargers offense when they lost Keenan Allen. I think Jacksonville gets their first win on the road, even though SD home field doesn’t mean much at all. This Jacksonville team still does need to show that they can get a lead early and keep it and not always be in catch-up mode, but I trust that offense to get it done. They had hopes of competing this year. Starting 0-2 is killer. They will be going all out.

Love them all except Arz. Their struggles look legit to me. Defense could not get pressure against NE makeshift o-line, secondary couldn't cover anyone and Carson looks as bad as he did in preseason. Not sure his thumb is 100%. They are a good team on paper, but until they show me something I have to trust my eyes. GL with the rest.

adding one more. so far very happy with how the lines have moved on my plays above

Rams +7

yup, hold your motherfuckin noses. but even though it looks like RW is going to play, there is no way he wont be in pain. And the Rams shoudl completely dominate that o-line with RW not being able to use his mobility to bail them out. First game in LA, and they were embarassed last week.

Finally, while by no means are the Rams good, look how bad the Vikings looked in the same spot last season. Its just a weird spot, the late monday week 1 game, and while the rams are not a good team, this is a buy low based on last weeks performance.

Its not pretty, but I have to do it

lines moved in my favor so thats good but we all know that means shit if the picks dont hit. adding some props for fun (wont be in my record)

zeke over 78.5 rush yards
gabbart over 20.5 completions
torry smith over 38.5 rec yards

Back