NFL Week 2 Plays (A 4 Unit Play)

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
YTD:
1 Unit: 1-1
2 Unit: 2-1

I'm content with the way week 1 went. The Ravens/Bengals game didn't aggravate me too much because those kinds of crazy games go on every week in the NFL. Now, if I had the Cardinals I would be pissed. Unfortunately, I watched that entire pitiful game, and Arizona played really well. The Niners showed no signs of life, and they end up winning on a fluke drive at the very last seconds of the game. Downgrade the 49ers because they still have no passing game whatsoever, and upgrade Arizona slightly because the running game actually should be pretty decent this year, and that will help Leinart and those all-star WR's.

I'll go through every game in Week 2 again, and eliminate the no-plays. Shorter write-ups this week, though.

Buffalo Bills @ Steelers -10

Who knows how the Bills will respond after the injury to Kevin Everett? No play here.

Bengals -6.5 @ Browns

I think Cleveland is the worst team in the league, but I actually like Anderson over Frye. No way am I laying points on the road with Cincinnati's defense!

Colts -7 @ Titans

Colts should dominate this game, but like last week, I can't bet against Vince Young and this Titans team. They probably play the hardest of any team in the NFL. If the run game succeeds like last week, they got a shot to stay in this.

Texans @ Panthers -6.5

I think this line is 3 points too high. I liked what I saw from the Texans offense last week. The Panthers looked solid, too, but I'm still not sold on Jake Delhomme and the fact that Smith is the only weapon in the passing game. If this gets to 7, I might be on it. Still got a few days...

49ers @ Rams -3

I'm playing the Rams for 1 unit at this value line. I'm throwing out the Rams week 1 performance. Apparently Carolina has their number. The entire Rams offense had bad games in week 1, and I like them to bounce back in week 2 against this Niners team who will struggle to keep up scoring. Gore should have some success this week, but the Rams offense will be too much. If Edge can get nearly 100 on this team, Stephen Jackson should have a field day. I'm playing Rams -3.

Packers @ Giants -1

Injuries galore for New York. And Green Bay's offense was brutal in week 1. No play.

Falcons @ Jacksonville -10

After last week, how can anyone lay double-digits with the Jaguars? No play.

Saints -3.5 @ Tampa Bay

I'm buying the Saints to -3 and playing them for 1 unit. Carnell Williams likely won't play, and Jeff Garcia is a little banged up. Gruden himself said this offense is in trouble without either of these 2 guys. I'll bank on the Saints to come out strong in week 2, after last week's performance. They also have a few extra days to prepare for this game and right the ship. Saints -3 for 1 unit.

Vikings @ Lions -3

Both teams looked solid in week 1. I really like Minnesota this year, but I'm concerned that Detroit could make this a shootout. If the Vikings are forced to abandon the run, and throw, they will lose. I feel the better team is getting points here, but I can't play it.

Cowboys -3.5 @ Dolphins

I think Miami can shut down the run this week, and make Dallas 1 dimensional through the passing game. The problem is the Dallas passing game was perfect in week 1. For this reason I can't play the Dolphins. And I refuse to lay points on the road with Dallas' defense.

Seahawks -3 @ Cardinals

I'm on Arizona +3 here. Seattle kinda stumbled to a win last week against a bad team. I expect the Cardinals passing game to be much better this week. Remember Arizona beat Seattle last year at home and put up 27 points. With a much improved run game, and an electric crowd in Arizona for their home opener, the Cardinals should win this game. I'm taking the Cardinals +3.

Jets @ Ravens OTB

Question marks at QB for both teams makes this a no play.

Raiders @ Broncos -10

Broncos run D struggled last week like I expected. I think Jordan can have success this week. So, I can't lay this many points. And I definitely can't play Oakland who will likely start Culpepper at QB. He hasn't started an NFL game in a while. Should be a tough atmosphere Sunday...

Chiefs @ Bears -12

No way am I laying double digits with Rex Grossman. Final score: 10-0.

Chargers @ Patriots -3.5

Classic game for SNF. I'll watch two of the league's best battle with no money on the game. Anyone can win...coin flip.

Redskins @ Eagles -7

I took Eagles -7 for 4 units. I'm afraid this line will go up by game time, especially since I'm in the Philly area. This is a perfect situational play. The Eagles are coming off a game they clearly should have won minus the punt return mistakes. And the Redskins are coming off a game winning FG in week 1. The Eagles D impressed me last week, albeit against a bad Packers offense. But Washington's O isn't much better. The crowd should be fucking electric in a home opener on MNF under the lights. This is the worst atmosphere for a young QB like Campbell. Washington's defense is brutal, and McNabb should have a field day with no pressure from the Redskins front line. The Eagles should be able to do whatever they want against a secondary who was 24th against the pass last year. McNabb will attack the safeties, Landry and Taylor. Taylor simply can't play the pass, and Landry is a rookie whom this complex offense should pick on all day. Andy Reid's teams are excellent off a loss, and facing a division foe in week 2 in a home opener on MNF heavily favors Philly here. Philly dominated this team @ home last winning 27-3. I expect better results in this game. This is a huge statement game for the Eagles, and they will not hold anything back this week. This game will have a playoff atmosphere, and Philly will dominate from the opening whistle.

The Plays:

Rams -3
(1 Unit) Final: Rams 35 49ers 20

Saints -3 (-120)(1 Unit) Final: Saints 24 Bucs 10

Cardinals +3(1 Unit) Final: Cardinals 27 Seahawks 21

Eagles -7(4 Units) Final: Eagles 31 Redskins 10

GL :cheers:

good luck homey

i like the saints but cant trus the eagles special teams

good luck homey

i like the saints but cant trus the eagles special teams

They just signed sure-handed Reno Mahe back. He's not a long-term solution, but he will get them by until they find someone who has some speed. Special teams hasn't even factored into my play this week.

I didn't even have to click to know what the 4 unit play was.

I've got it at -105 and +102, if it goes to -6.5 I'll probably take some of that too.

Go Birds.

(P.S.: You're right, Cardinals win outright.)

good luck believe. im still not sure of your teams run d. big test with portis and betts. each of em had 17 carries last week. brandon jackson is hardly anything of a test. if you can slow wash run no reason you cant cover.

I'm not sure if you can expect to slow Washington's running game, with the way they've been going since the midpoint of last year. I'm a homer, but I'm not gonna say I'm overly confident about the Skins. I'm definitely not happy to see this pick though. Love these threads believe.

Also, I know you can't take too much from going against Miami's offense, but the Skins defense is obviously better than last year, LaRon and Sean Taylor in the secondary sets the tone for the whole team, everyone was flying around v Miami, they looked totally different.

Also, I know you can't take too much from going against Miami's offense, but the Skins defense is obviously better than last year, LaRon and Sean Taylor in the secondary sets the tone for the whole team, everyone was flying around v Miami, they looked totally different.
Hawks agree with ya here,Wash D looked really impressive ,BOL Believe:cheers:

Let's review some of your comments.
Can't bet Dallas because Miami has a good defense, but yet Philly is a 4 unit 4 against Washington whose offense is not that good.:36_11_6:

Let's see last week that weak offense put up over 400 yards on Miami defense.:hang:

Your 4 unit play is backwards. I watched that Philly game against green bay last week and lost money.:nervous:

You need to bet your rival the Dallas Cowboys and keep away from your homer (betting w/ your heart) pick in the Eagles.:nono:

I saw nothing in the Eagles last week to make me even consider betting on them. Although the Under in this game would be the safest bet.:smiley_acbk:

But GL this week with your hometown Eagles.

Let's review some of your comments.
Can't bet Dallas because Miami has a good defense, but yet Philly is a 4 unit 4 against Washington whose offense is not that good.:36_11_6:

Let's see last week that weak offense put up over 400 yards on Miami defense.:hang:

Your 4 unit play is backwards. I watched that Philly game against green bay last week and lost money.:nervous:

You need to bet your rival the Dallas Cowboys and keep away from your homer (betting w/ your heart) pick in the Eagles.:nono:

I saw nothing in the Eagles last week to make me even consider betting on them. Although the Under in this game would be the safest bet.:smiley_acbk:

But GL this week with your hometown Eagles.

LOL...Homer pick? And the Dallas game and Philly game doesn't even compare. Dallas is a road favorite. Philly is at home. I would never lay a large amount on a road favorite in the NFL.

Believe, I love the Card's pick. I, also, agree with the Eagles pick.

But, SteelBucsfan made a good point, about Pace being out. I agree that the 49ers struggled, on offense. But, one reason was because of how AZ played. I never expected their O-line and defense to play that good.

Niners defense did a great job defending AZ passing game and will have to have a similar performance, to slow the Rams down. I think the Rams O-line will not play as good as AZ's did. If the Niners can pressure Bulger, the Rams will not have much of a chance.

I know Jackson has had field days, against my Niners. But, this is a totally different Niners defense. I expect Willis to be in Jackson's face, all night long.

The only thing that scares me is the game being played on the turf.

Believe, I love the Card's pick. I, also, agree with the Eagles pick.

But, SteelBucsfan made a good point, about Pace being out. I agree that the 49ers struggled, on offense. But, one reason was because of how AZ played. I never expected their O-line and defense to play that good.

Niners defense did a great job defending AZ passing game and will have to have a similar performance, to slow the Rams down. I think the Rams O-line will not play as good as AZ's did. If the Niners can pressure Bulger, the Rams will not have much of a chance.

I know Jackson has had field days, against my Niners. But, this is a totally different Niners defense. I expect Willis to be in Jackson's face, all night long.

The only thing that scares me is the game being played on the turf.

Dave, I definitely thought the Niners D was solid in week 1. But I think Bulger is much better than Leinart at this stage of the game, and Holt is much better than the AZ Wr's. So, I expect STL to handle the Niners schemes much better than AZ did in week 1. As for Pace being out, he was out for about 1/2 of last season and the STL offense still played rather well. As for Jackson, I find it hard to believe he will put another poor performance after that debacle in week 1. Jackson is an elite runner...Almost in LT's class. (And I also think LT will have a decent performance on SNF this week after his week 1 no-show.)

gl,i really like NO, i like cincy but things cannot get worse for cleveladn they can only get better. so i am goin to touch taht game.

that Philly play reminds me of the type of games I would suggest for MDF...

always good to take a team when they lose a game they shoulda won... McNabb is one that gets pissed and takes it out on the next opponent.. hehe... gl bro.

Dave, I definitely thought the Niners D was solid in week 1. But I think Bulger is much better than Leinart at this stage of the game, and Holt is much better than the AZ Wr's. So, I expect STL to handle the Niners schemes much better than AZ did in week 1. As for Pace being out, he was out for about 1/2 of last season and the STL offense still played rather well. As for Jackson, I find it hard to believe he will put another poor performance after that debacle in week 1. Jackson is an elite runner...Almost in LT's class. (And I also think LT will have a decent performance on SNF this week after his week 1 no-show.)

I guess we can agree, to disagree. Maybe it’s the fan in me that makes me think the Niner’s have a chance to win this game SU.
><O:p> </O:p>
Pace being out, along with another lineman, caused them to have to shuffle the whole line. That can cause communication breakdowns, between the linemen.
<O:p> </O:p>
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that they can shut Holt and Jackson down. I do think that they can slow them down. This is the first Niners defense that is physical enough to deal with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:pJackson</ST1:p</st1:City>.

GL

Well, you SOB, I didn't listen to you last week, and you were RIGHT ON THE NUTS with the Iggles and how that played out, so you can bet your stinky taint I'm following you this weekend. Good luck, Chief!

Below average week so far...1-2 on 1 unit plays. I'm not pissed at St Louis. Obviously, they have some major issues. I would never have predicted this slow of a start for S Jax. I'm a little pissed at New Orleans, though.

Eagles should get this week to positive. I feel confident about tonight.

Back