NFL Week 10, picks (first 2u play!), podcast link and request for questions

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
27-11-2 year to date

Dallas/NO over 52.5

San Fran -6.5 for 2 units...first 2 unit play of the year and will be counted as 2 plays.

Podcast will be taped tomorrow night. Since there are only 2 plays and 3 to recap, well be short on time, so we'd like to expand the Q & A segment, so if any of you guys could give us some questions for that it would be awesome. We take questions about NFL, NFL betting, fantasy, or NBA.

Ill post the link to that tomorrow night.

But yea, i like SF more than any play all year.

San Fran after London and Before traveling to New Orleans? Not sure I see that one, but I wish you luck.

I dont think Carolina is much different than what they always are; a good bad team. Yea, the d is better, but to me this is going to be a team to bet big vs crap teams because they will blow them out, and not be surprised when they crap the bed when the spots right.

SF is not off of the london game. They are off of a bye. I trust this Harbaugh to have his team actually ready to go. They had two weeks to prepare for THIS game, Harbaugh is way too good of a coach to let them worry about New Orleans before Monday.

Home, off a bye, facing a team traveling across country to play a west coast team who is overvalued because of 4 wins against shit teams.

And not just shit teams, there are bad teams whit decent defenses. They have played four of the softest defenses around in those wins, depending on what you consider the rams.

The Panthers have played 2 decent defenses all season: The Seahawks when they scored 7 points, and Zona when they scored 6. Cam still makes mistakes that he gets away with vs shitty teams but not against good defenses.

I don't think SF is going to score easily, but I think their running attack will be good enough, and I expect a 27-14 kind of game here

Any thoughts that Carolina might be last year's Seattle? A talented group with an elite defense that just gets hot?

I don't see it, Seattle has the home field thing that guarantees them 8 wins a year. Really think that the Panthers "hot" streak is more of a product of their schedule. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them and I dont think they are awful, but they are a class below the niners/seahawks. I actually think they are a class below the Lions and Cowboys of the world too. But when matched up against any other team below that class, they can blow them out.

I don't see it, Seattle has the home field thing that guarantees them 8 wins a year. Really think that the Panthers "hot" streak is more of a product of their schedule. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them and I dont think they are awful, but they are a class below the niners/seahawks. I actually think they are a class below the Lions and Cowboys of the world too. But when matched up against any other team below that class, they can blow them out.

i understand the teams panthers been beating are bad no doubt and get the argument but they had sea beat in week 1 when sea was starting both their tackles, a deangalo fumble inside the 10 from winning that gm. had bills with a healthy 1st string qb beat before blowing that gm also, bills no prize but a solid team and tough out at home when anyone not named toul is under center..hell even the zona gm they were in scoring range plenty of times but sCam made mistakes vs a very good secondary, granted they lost those gms but they were very close and could have won them all. , suppose i give them more credit for their losses i guess. they just a team ive been high on all year as im a sucker for a strong run gm and stout front 7 .

again wont argue cam little mistake prone and gets away with it some but he also leads a offense that dishes out some punishment..seems like a big time slugfest to me, think it fair to say that sf needs their run gm to succeed and just not sure gore gonna find a lot of room vs panthers front..during niners current win streak they have been outgained in 3 of the 5 and all of them they dominated in the rushing attack against teams not nearly as talented at stopping the run or rushing themselves as this panther squad.. points seem like a big time premium here, panthers more than likely lose considering if it close sCam track record hasnt been good, so unless panthers play out of their minds i do expect it to be close and a sf win but anywhere from 3 to 7 points seems way more likely to me, obviously 7 gets you the cash but i just cant picture a gm where we talking multiple td loss here..

ive cetainly been wrong plenty tho and def dont feel as strongly about panthers as you do sf, if i played it be nothing more than avg play on Carolina.ive bought into them all year (clearly hurt me early) so dont feel like im overreacting to them smashing bad teams as i rated them pretty highly from the start, guess this be a good week to see whether too highly as im not sure id make sf more than -2.5 on a neutral (it be slightly higher if crabtree was there or i thought manningham could step in and help this week but kinda unsure of that) ..

sorry to highjack thread, just enjoy discussing gms with you and others here and didnt see a discussion thread.. either way gl man, i def respect your opinion..

youre not hijacking you are providing great insight. i always want that in my threads.

it seems like a lot of ppl are agreeing with you. I just see SF off a bye at home. Carolina flying to SF a week before they play the pats on MNF (now if they do lose here i may very well play them on mnf)

youre not hijacking you are providing great insight. i always want that in my threads.

it seems like a lot of ppl are agreeing with you. I just see SF off a bye at home. Carolina flying to SF a week before they play the pats on MNF (now if they do lose here i may very well play them on mnf)

the travel and sf bye really only reason i dont like panthers more.. with you all the way on the second part, in fact if i do play panthers and they not gonna cover id prefer they got the snot beat out of them to get us a nice number on the monday night gm, of coarse once again they catching a tough coach off a bye..

yeah that game could be fun to watch. probably an over. its def scarier to bet against the pats now with a healthy gronk and amendola than it was the first few weeks

yeah that game could be fun to watch. probably an over. its def scarier to bet against the pats now with a healthy gronk and amendola than it was the first few weeks

i know one thing,, i promise gronk wont be getting those free releases that he was getting from pit. it like they watched film from early in the year and forgot he was back the way they let him get off the line all gm,, that made no sense to me and there no way in hell panthers employ the "lets pretend he still hurt" strategy.. who knows with amendola, if he doesnt hurt himself getting a bagel during the off week he will prob pull something in practice.. would like to think panthers wont let him run free 30 yards down field even if healthy....

DWOWW - as a niners fan I'm well aware they are off a bye. Don't overlook what the London trip takes out of teams. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but teams usually have a hangover, even after the bye.

Also, if you want to talk about a team who has played crap teams the past month, look no further than SF. They have yet to play any team of quality since Indianapolis. That was week 4.

Back