NFL week 10 - everybody gets naked

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
Hopefully I mean that in a good way.

Some of these may change a little bit before the morning, but here's what I've bet already.

Cleveland +10/ML
Realize, I've only be the ML very, very small, but that value is too much to ignore.

The worry here is obviously that Derek Anderson will implode, but that's been the worry for weeks now and he's been all right. That said, both times Cleveland has played a good team they've lost by 17 or more. But I do think this one will be close. The Browns haven't beaten the Steelers since 2004 (thanks, Throwback) and frankly, they've been beaten badly by this team three out of the last four times. So this is the test, it's a big one, and I don't expect them to win--although, I'm pretty sure Derek Anderson has exacted revenge on every team that beat him badly last year except Pittsburgh--but 10 is too much.

I'm also not sold on all the points people seem to expect here. Maybe the 2nd half over might be a play, but right now when I think about this game I think these teams beat each other senseless to a 23-20, 24-20, 24-17 type game.

***cancel this one***Detroit ML
I've got to say, part of me hates this bet. When I saw the schedule for this week, I loved Arizona. So if I lose, well, I blame only myself. So why did I switch? The biggest reason is Kurt Warner. One, I like betting against him, with Arizona it usually works out well. But more than that, it's Mike Martz against Kurt Warner. So even though the Lions D against the pass is nothing nice, I do expect some turnovers. That's what I'm expecting to make the difference.

I've bet out of the Lions right now, if I have a huge morning, maybe I get back on them a bit, but right now I can't ignore that part of me that hates this bet.

Detroit/Arizona over 45
This is sort of my hedge against Detroit losing, but I like this bet on its own as well. The way you beat Detroit is throwing the football. The way Detroit beats you is by throwing the football. Arizona gets Carlos Dansby back at LB this week so that should help their run D which, again, just means more passing.

Philly ML
Yeah, I'm a sucker, but I think this team gets to 8-8 this year, and this game is one they use to get there. They were embarrassed at home by Washington on MNF, and everybody has given up on them. That's usually when they put it together.

NYG ML
I hate this spot for Dallas. Off a night game in Philly, NYG off a bye, NYG with revenge. If the weather's good, I like the chances at the over as well, but won't play it because this number's four points over where it should be. I think NY can throw on this team and I think they do. Giants win the game, Dallas wins the division.

KC -3 +105
LJ's out, but I don't care. Word is some of the guys in the locker room like Priest more than LJ anyway. The Broncos, meanwhile, just keep losing players. They're dramatically thin, they generally don't play well in KC anyway and KC is coming off a loss at home.

***adding Oakland +3.5/ML****
This is a bit of a tail, but it's mostly just a really good number and value. McCown is better than Culpepper it's just a fact, one I'm not sure I ever thought I'd say, but he is. And what he means to Oakland is points, meanwhile the Bears don't score--and they had to fly across the country for this nonsense. Home dog, hopefully they win as this is about a 60/40 split.

***adding Cleveland/Pittsburgh over 46.5***
The Browns limping on defense, LB Antwan Peek is questionable, LB D'Quell Jackson is still hobbled with the ankle that kept him out last week. The Browns are also down one lineman (Seth McKinney) and Steinbach isn't 100%. The Browns are going to have to score today to stay in this one, and I do think they get their numbers, unfortunately, I think the Steelers should be able to score with them. So hopefully it's a fun one.

I have Carolina in a teaser and am now worried a bit as Carr is out and Vinny is gimpy, meaning they might have to go with a rookie QB. But it's Atlanta. I also may do a little teasing and could take Indy late, but this is it for now, if I have a huge change of heart I'll edit and bump this in the AM.

Good luck tomorrow, everybody.

Last edited:
Steelers have won *too many* home games by such big margins. Even the Pats had their down home game (funnily enough, vs the Browns as well, even thou the late TO bloated the score out, it played out as a non-blowout game).

Like the Browns, BOL Joe (if I could, I'd back Pitt to win by 1-12).

Thanks, Bet. One thing you'll appreciate is that almost every year the Browns and Steelers play one game that isn't close and one that is.

It toggles back and forth, home field doesn't matter, what tends to matter is what happened in the first meeting.

This year, the blowout was first. That suggests the close game comes tomorrow.

I wish you could tell me something that would make me feel better about the Lions.

that home teams have won 6 of AZ's 8 games this season?
nope, thats not it.

that the home team has won the last 5 meetings between these 2 teams?
nope, thats not it.

that Detroit is 3-15 SU their last 18 road inter-conference games?
nope, thats not it.

that Arizona was 5-3 SU their last 8 home inter-conference games prior to their last home game loss to Carolina?
nope, not that either.

Sorry Joe. I'm struggling to find a thing.

Agree with you on the Cleveland game, not so sure about the ML, but definitely like the points. They will be up for this game after that thrashing they took on opening day.

Also think that the G'men are in a great spot to beat the Cowboys.

gl Joe

As a Raider fan, I wish you much luck. They just are so bad at times. What happened to last years great D?! Bol today J P:7_2_111:

OK, for the moment I've bought out of the Lions, mostly.

It's just weird and wrong there what's going on with the line and I've never liked this spot for Detroit. Maybe I miss some money, but something just doesn't feel right.

Adding the Browns/Steelers over despite the fact they might get some rain there today.

BOL today....

however the brownies will be going down today... 34-17 gg

here we go steelers here we go! :pillow:

gl Joe... I think laying off the Lions was a good move... of course, if it doesn't pay off, I think you are going to hate the world.. hehe... gl

great Braylon story on esp

Agreed. It's always interesting to see something like that after seeing the game itself because I'll tell you, Braylon was a monster in that game.

great job today Joe, took your advise on the Browns but didn't pull a jesus and play the ML. Have Giants and Oakland left. Hope they cash bro.

Browns kicked pissburghs ass today. They still need more experience from qb Anderson. He was so rattled when they were up 21-9 that he tried to be too careful and became inaccurate.

The real loss though, was when Lewis had the ball stripped and the Steelers got another free TD gift from Cleveland.

If they make the playoffs and get to play Piss again, they wont lose that one. Piss is so over rated it hurts.

Cleveland real problem that has to be fixed , is that they get crushed when they go to the prevent.

They have enough db speed that its not necessary and should keep all the linebackers in and blitzing when it makes sense. Steelers won on at least 10 pass plays under the nickel in the 2nd half. Thats why they won.

I would kill the defensive scheme's they use late in games.

Browns kicked pissburghs ass today.

Piss is so over rated it hurts.

browns kicked their ass, huh?

did u even watch the game or even look at the numbers? apparently not...

1st half wasnt the best from the steelers, but they did come back in the 2nd half after being down 21-9..... only place the steelers got their asses kicked was special teams was god awful today. would have been a completely different game had they played average at best and not let up 243 yards and 2 TDs, but it happens.....

browns has 163 total net yards (123 passing going 16-35 & 40 rushing on 18 attempts) to the steelers 401 yards (242 passing going 23-35 & 156 rushing on 35 attempts). lmao. yeah i see what you mean total ass kicking.....

steelers overrated, huh?

i wonder which part of the team is so overrated?????

- 7-2 record speaks for itself.

- Big Ben had a perfect passer QB rating last MNF vs balt. You can say oh yeah the Ravens suck, but Ravens had a winning record. Ben's passer rating of 111 going into today is only 2nd to brady and is on pace for 40 TDs and 12 INT's.
- Big Ben career not including today: 36-13 regular season (41-14 including playoffs), 91.9 QB Rating, 72 TD/49 INT, 63% Completion Pct, 6 Rush TD, 209 Passing Yards/Game, and one Super Bowl ring.

- Willie Parker now has 7 rushing 100 yard rushing game.
- Willie Parker is in 2nd place with 768 yards scoming into today in the league only behind Peterson.

- Steelers defense is #1 IN THE LEAGUE, giving up 12.7 pts a game
- Steelers have not let a team rush for over 100 yards all season, and all of last season to add on top of that - 33 consecutive games as a matter of fact.
- Steelers are tied for #1 in the league for Forced Fumbles
- Steelers are in 2nd place for sacks in the league and if the eagles didnt decide to give up like 13 sacks to the Gaints that one game, they would be #1
-Steelers give up the least passing yards in the league, beating out the #2 team by 40 yards

do you need me to go on or is that enough......???

The Steelers aren't overrated, they're either the second or third best team in football depending on the day and where the game is played.

They're better than the Browns right now. That said, Cleveland still could have, maybe even should have, won that game today. But the inexperience hurt them almost as much as the adjustments by the Steelers at half.

The Steelers are well coached, don't sleep on them, this team's not going to lose many games.

What are the odds the Steelers do what they did 2 years ago - Lose badly on the road in the reg season to an undefeated team (then Indy/now, the Pats), then in the playoffs go back to that venue and cause the absolute shocker.

MOGO...

Yes I watched the game. Second half was all bad throws and a key turnover. Dont talk to me about yards. Just about points. Steelers were hammered and given the plays that won it. Browns have no business going to the nickel and rushing 3 lineman at times...

Lets see how thier yards matter when we get to the playoffs if they make it. I would like to see these two again...

yeah i forgot yards don't matter much in the grand scheme of football.

btw, your 2nd half Overs I think made for a tidy day

They certainly helped. And the 2nd half Steelers/over parlay won me back my ML try on the Browns.

But my 2nd half plays are always smaller than my game plays, and you know how it is, you always kick yourself for the beats.

Browns wont recover for a few games...The blew their load this week ...Balt will beat them next week..

I disagree on blowing their load, they do this EVERY week. They score points. It's just what they do now. Next week's a bad spot, and had they won today I'd say they would absolutely lose next week, and they still might, but Baltimore kicks FGs, if they're lucky, and the Browns score TDs--on everybody.

So I'll just stay away and root for the Browns to do what they do.

Because if they score 28 points next week like they usually do I have trouble seeing Baltimore win.

after seeing the new and improved cleveland browns team play today, and the baltimore ravens up close on monday night, i really think the browns beat baltimore easily next week....the browns will score and the ravens won't.

this will be good for the browns going forward and only bad for the ravens. they will continue to drift apart in the division. i have trouble seeing that baltimore team score any points. this is a new and pretty good browns team that looks alot better than past years.

Yeah, people will ignore what happened in the first Browns/Ravens game.

The Browns marched the field on, I believe, their first three drives. They shoved it down the Ravens' throats.

It wasn't like Baltimore lost that game, they were never in it, the Browns took it from them and never gave it back.

I don't expect as much scoring from them next week, because the only wan Baltimore is going to win any games is with their defense, but one team next week has an offense, the other doesn't. That's going to be tough.

Back