NFL Week 1

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
Love this time of year; getting cooler outside and football is back. Y'all know my drill by now: love ML parlays, home dogs with fishy lines and overs lol

Week 1 card this year doesn't look particularly strong. Methinks there are going to be a lot of casual bettors who are so pumped for the NFL to be back the bet on more games than they should. I am generally of the mindset that Week 1 is a good time to bet a lot because lines are set on previous perception, but I just don't love this card. What I do got for you:

Arizona/Detroit over 48
LA Rams -3.5
Cleveland Browns +9

I lean Chicago +7 and SF +5.5, but for now I'm staying off of them since I think there is a good chance they split and I lose juice. Looking for some college plays to parlay NE ML with.

Good luck this season Dwoww, kinda agree on Browns just can't bet them with a rookie qb who probably should still be playing on saturdays

Talk to me about the Bears? I see nothing there outside of an improvement in defense, but even with that being said, I'm not confident we can score..... maybe at all..... I think I might be on your side with the Browns. BOL this season.

Talk to me about the Bears? I see nothing there outside of an improvement in defense, but even with that being said, I'm not confident we can score..... maybe at all..... I think I might be on your side with the Browns. BOL this season.

I agree with everything you are saying, my lean towards them stems solely from a "that line is a bit fishy" mindset. The Falcons do struggle a bit more outdoors and a seven point home dog is always enticing. But I agree with your overall point; the bears are bad and it is hard to see them moving the ball unless Jordan Howard is superman. That's why I ultimately stayed away.

oh yeah man I meant one will cover, shoulda clarified that. great Pittsburgh/Cleveland write up btw

Yea you said one will cover, but that you wouldn't bet both bc you'd lose juice, but i mean you'd profit if you hit on one of the two dogs? So you actually should want to bet both? Sorry if im just confused
And thanks, i'm stoked to be on the same side as you, will make following the game more fun

I think bears will have some success w the run game. Best way to attack a defense like atl's predicated on speed is to stuff the run right down their throats. The loss of Meredith id suspect hurts their chances of prolonging drives a great deal which a bummer. Fox has them built the way he likes and has had a lot of success as a dog in his career when he has a solid d and strong rushing attack.. personally I much prefer the under to a side, it has dropped quite a bit since I played at 51 but imo anything higher than 47 represents the value in this game as bears certainly gonna have to keep scoring down to compete which I think they will.

Surprised you don't like your eagles. I try not to take a lot away from preseason but seems to me skins have some work to do getting cousins in sync w his new wr corp more so than Philly who's 1st team offense just seemed more cohesive to me.

Surprised you don't like your eagles. I try not to take a lot away from preseason but seems to me skins have some work to do getting cousins in sync w his new wr corp more so than Philly who's 1st team offense just seemed more cohesive to me.

gun to head i would def lean eagles. they havent beaten washington since chip kellys first game though! its also a must win for the eagles...they go to arrowhead next week and then home opener is against the giants in week 3. i know its insane to call week 1 must win but if they dont they are staring an ugly start right in the face.

Also on the Browns and Rams! BOL this year, D-Woww!

gl man, lets have a great season

Have a great season

thanks bones!

lets have a great year scopey

Gl this season dan

and to you as well!

GL Danny Boy...

scarf! lets get em this yea!

Get em bro

thanks man, love ur fitz prop btw

dWOWW :shake: always enjoy the thread, BOL this year

thanks man, hopefully itll be a profitable thread this year