NFL Week 1

smh212

Awesomeitus Degenerate
YTD: 0-0

Week 1:
The week 1 card is indicative of what my PR are telling me. The gap between the “elite” and “poor” clubs in the NFL are both making their ways towards the middle of the pack. Improvements by the bad teams and regressions by former “elite” teams have produced the smallest margin between my top rated team and lowest rated. The last time the margin was this small was 2005.

Short on time this week, so keeping it brief:

Gb/Chi:
Move from 4 to 7 is a .5 pt too much. So many question marks surrounding Bears, that people forget that GB is breaking in a new secondary. Culture change under Fox will benefit the Bears. If game becomes available at 7.5 I’m in, otherwise, pass.

Kc/Hou:
I have this one as Hou -1 40…..pass

Cle/Nyj:
Josh McCown and Ryan Fitzpatrick vs two very good defenses? UNDER 40 (1.25) is my play. I don’t see either club having much success scoring the football. Call it 17-13.

Ind/Buf:
My numbers say Indy 20-20. Don’t like the backing Tyron Taylor in a close game, and although there has been much ballyhoo regarding the Bills defense sticking it to Luck last year, the fact that the Colt have had ample prep time. Still, +130 on BUFFALO is value IMO, and my play.

Sea/STL: My numbers call for a bet on STL. Played STL +4 (.75) and STL +175 (.25). Seattle, enters week 1 unstable. They lost their DC to ATL, the true leader of the defense has held out all off-season, and is not going to make their trip. Their best player on defense (Thomas), isn’t close to 100%. I have their offense line rated as the 27[SUP]th[/SUP] group entering the season. STL has issues of their own, but their front 7 can control this game. The hope is that Foles can do enough to keep the STL offense moving the chains.

Den/Balt
: I played this one UNDER 49 (1.25) last week. The changing of the guard with the Denver offense is evident. While the style of play that Denver employs on offense is not something I really expect to change as much, it's Mannings ability to put the ball in tight windows that is going to hurt. While Manning and the offense get the press, the Bronco's defense is rated as an "elite unit by me. Baltimore, and their style are the perfect compliant to add to this inflated number.

Thanks fellas.

No/Az: Playing SAINTS +110 (1.25). Arizona is similar to Seattle in my book: Turnover/injury at some key spots, which lead to vulnerabilities. Cards enter this one missing two starting O-linemen, and your guess is as good as mine w/ regards to the RB position.
The media has the Saints buried for dead. I don't agree. The Saints enter this year with more knowns then unknowns. They upgraded their line, and the hope is that Mark Ingram can provide a reliable option at RB as he did last year. I scored the Jimmy Graham trade as a win for the Saints. If the odds-makers have it right, and this game is going to come down to a FG, I will back Drew Brees to win a close one over Palmer.

Tb/Ten UNDER 40.5 (1.25)

Each team is trotting out a rookie QB in their first NFL game. 17-13 / 20-17......both a reasonable finals.

been looking at the Under in Denver too, I agree with you there. bol on the season smh :cheers3:

Thanks fellas. Forgot to post the under Buf/colts at 45 (1.25). I had it 23-20. Looking back, i'm interested to watch the all 22 to see how Tyrod had the day he did

I have an open T closing with Dallas pk for (3). First half was GB. Considering Dallas team total as well, but depends on the number.

GL rest of the day.

Back