NFL WEEK #1.....Caveat Emptor

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
Back for my third season posting my NFL selections. I have not decided if I can keep this up this year due to work schedule.

So, I do not want to mislead those who try and put confidence in these threads......you are probably better off not following an old guy.

For those new to the site, you have good guys here posting and advise you to look elsewhere for the 'top picks.' You will figure it out.

I call this thread 'caveat emptor' b/c if you follow me, beware.

That being said here is what I recorded as my record for past 2 seasons, and i definitely lost last year, but turned a profit in the playoffs:

2012: 95-60-1 ( I did not keep a separate regular season - playoff record )

2013: 47-54-3 Regular Season
15-10 Post-Season

2014: Who the Hell Knows?

Futures 2014: Just One, Chargers OVER 8 wins

Look forward to the year and let's see how it goes.

Week #1 selections:

GB/Seahawks OVER 46 WIN

Chargers +3 ​WIN

Seahawks -4 ​WIN

Ravens -1 LOSE

TB Bucs -2.5 ​LOSE

Steelers 1H -3 WIN

Jets 2H -3.5 LOSE

​Texans 2H 'pick' ​WIN

Broncos TT OVER 31.5 LOSE

Good luck all and looking forward to the season...good to have this guy back: :bluehead:

:shake:

Last edited:
Adding Tampa Bay -2.5 ( also have them @ 'pick' which I placed on August 25th ) and Ravens -1

My reasons for the San Diego (previously posted) and now Tampa Bay & Ravens are these

San Diego +3: They finished hot last year and I do not think it was a fluke. I made SD my solo 'future' wager for over 8 wins. Rivers looked great, has a good O line and solid ability to run. Of course, Az's defense is good particularly at the corners. But, with Dansby gone and Dockett out for the season just don't think they will be as good. Both teams have solid coaches, but there really can't be much doubt that Rivers > Palmer. Bottom line, think SD can win game and thus I will take the +3; speaking of which SD has Novak who can get me that 3 at end of game.

Ravens -1: Short & sweet.....thinking Ravens at home win this game. Dalton's a nice guy and a decent QB but I can't shake the playoff loss last year and think he won't get it done. Plus, Gordon gone & thus the Ravens @ home in the opener. (ignore Gordon comment....but the teams are each from Ohio)

Tampa Bay @ pick & -2.5: Cam's hurt and has lost his receivers. Lovie in TB and with the new regime and improvement on paper I am getting them @ even & -2.5. This is just my 'hunch' play if we can call it that but like the chances.

Last edited:
Cam is listed as questionable, but took all the snaps in practice. Soreness in ribs makes me think he will play, but the coaches might be hesitant to call as many designed runs. Carolina's defense should test the new look Bucs. But, I think you're on the right side.

SD looked real good this preseason. AZ's home field advantage does concern me a bit. Ellengton returned to limited practice. They expect him to play, but how effective will he be? I benched him on my fantasy team, so I hope he doesn't burn me.

Were you thinking of Cleveland, when you mentioned Gordon gone?

GL

Cam is listed as questionable, but took all the snaps in practice. Soreness in ribs makes me think he will play, but the coaches might be hesitant to call as many designed runs. Carolina's defense should test the new look Bucs. But, I think you're on the right side.

SD looked real good this preseason. AZ's home field advantage does concern me a bit. Ellengton returned to limited practice. They expect him to play, but how effective will he be? I benched him on my fantasy team, so I hope he doesn't burn me.

Were you thinking of Cleveland, when you mentioned Gordon gone?

GL
Duh...I was having a brain fart. LOL, but I still like Ravens.

Did not get to see what happened in 2H in Jets game....i bet it was a 'prevent' D that allowed the late Raider TD. Oh well, a bad choice

Back