NFL Turkey Shoot

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
7-4-1 MNF YTD
44-32-2 YTD (58%)
42-32-2 ATS YTD (57%)
1-1 Totals

Well, since I have to work Thanksgiving Day I'm gonna try making it as enjoyable as possible by rewarding myself with money;

Green Bay - 3 1/2 @ Detroit....What can I say. Bret is on fire. This team is going one way and Detroit is going the other way. I think I bit on Detroit turning things around too soon. They wont have an answer on defense for Bret. Matter of fact, the ONLY chance Detroit has is making some pics on Bret. I'll give them one, maybe even 2, but that wont be enough here. I remember when Detroit used to be unbeatable at home on Thanksgiving day but that was then, this is now.
Green Bay 27...Detroit 17

Dallas @ NYJ +15......I never thought Tony Romo was the man for Dallas but damn, he and TO are lighting it up. Guess I have to give him credit. However, the J E T S have found some inspiration after nobody gave them a chance against Pitt. I dont think they will win this one but I'm betting that they keep it close enough to cover. They will use Rhodes to cover TO. Rhodes is fast as hell and Im also hoping that he tags TO with one good hit during the game to bring him back to Earth.
Dallas 27.....NYJ 17 (same score prediction as GB/Det. What are the odds of that? )

Indy @ Hotlanta + 11 1/2.......I dont know about Indy. Hasnt it seemed like Payton is playing with his head up his ass ever since he lost to N.E. ? Or is it because his little buddy Harrison is out? Whatever the case may be they better step it up a couple notches. They have a ton of injuries but hell, I think New England could beat them with their 3rd stringers right now. Dungy will play conservative in this game and try to nurse these guys back to health. They will do just enough to win the game. Atlanta will keep it close. Who knows, they might even beat Indy outright.
Indy 24...Atlanta 16

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving. Please be safe ! :cheers:

Shark-Happy thanksgiving man. I have no feel for the GB/DET game so I am staying away. I lean Dallas but that spread is too big.I love the Falcons +11.5 and will almost certainly play that. Indy isn't a juggernaut right now and will struggle to score enough points to cover a spread that big.

happy Thanksgiving mah friend...hope you get some family time bro.

Might be with you on the jets a little hesitent to go against the lions at home, and atl just looked horrible last week that's prolly why their a good bet this week..haha

GL mah man

GL, Shark.
Gotta go in for a few hours myself.
Thinking of skateboarding the halls to pass the time................except I don't own a skateboard. Looks like surfing the forums instead.

GL

Press

p.s. taking the over in Detroit, myself.

i like the jets ... gonna wait maybe get another point or more , 14 at my book ..they better give Thomas Jones the ball 25-30 times..

Some interesting stats on the Detroit Thanksgiving Game.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TSN1b width="100%">Rankings</TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="50%"><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=TSN1 vAlign=top width="100%">GB - 2nd in total offense in the NFC</TD></TR><TR><TD class=TSN1 vAlign=top width="100%">GB - 1st in passing offense in the NFC</TD></TR><TR><TD class=TSN1 vAlign=top width="100%">GB - 6th in total defense in the NFC</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top width="50%"><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=TSN1 vAlign=top width="100%">DET - 7th in total offense in the NFC</TD></TR><TR><TD class=TSN1 vAlign=top width="100%">DET - 14th in total defense in the NFC</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gl today and Happy Thanksgiving.:cheers:How much extra you get working today? Triple time?!:18_1_204:

I wish. I normally I get all the holidays off but this year one of my Lieutenants wanted it off for special reasons so I told him he could take off and I would work. No overtime in the fire service if your shift is scheduled to work that day. Atleast in this Fire Department. Happy Thansgiving to you too bud :cheers:

good luck Shark. I think the Jets had their big game last week and are going to get thumped on the road this week. Dallas in a huge win today I feel. Don't really have a feel on the others but I believe Dallas crushes the hapless Jets. Good health regardless.

I got beat down bad today in both NFL and NCAA. It was a favorites kind of day I guess. Bad day for the books and good day for the public. I'll make it up, no doubt. Sorry guys.

1-2 NFL today :hang:

Back