Nfl Schedules are out 2009

Im sorry, but how do the 49ers get 2 primetime home games??

I know the Chiefs suck but our homefield is great, newly renovated stadium and new exciting QB.

Im sorry, but how do the 49ers get 2 primetime home games??

The Browns are going to be on MNF twice and--much as I love 'em--they're not going to deserve those.

Though I won't really participate in this nonsense the NFL Network is trying to generate here--it's a schedule, get over yourselves already--I will say this.

For both the Browns and the Birds, I'm fine with their schedules. I'm not crazy the Eagles have to play three straight divisional games--again--but at least two of them are at home and they're back to back. I'd also like the Eagles to have their bye later than Week Four, but hopefully it won't be that big of a deal.

Sunday Dec. 27 Denver @ Philly is the only game I care about.

You Philly fans had better break records for the kinda ovation you give B-Dawk.

Sunday Dec. 27 Denver @ Philly is the only game I care about.

You Philly fans had better break records for the kinda ovation you give B-Dawk.

Hell yeah they better. My first B-dawk memory is when he got 3 interceptions in the first quarter of a game against Duke

Like the Vikings schedule, they should start the season 5-0 and then go a on a brutal stretch of Balt, Pitt, @ GB on Monday night, and then get a bye and get Detroit. So going into week 11 they should be 6-3.

very odd MNF schedule imo....

don't understand the reasoning at all on some of those...

Lions, like jk said have a brutal start. Latest Bye I have ever seen the Lions have.

Situationally speaking looking at the following games:

-Playing against Arizona if they are favored on the road against a non-division opponent

-Two teams have the dreaded 3 away games in a row set up; NY Giants and Seattle
NY Giants at Kansas City on 10/4
Seattle at St. Louis on 11/29

Looking for more situations and short on time....
Big Divisional Sandwich situations (2-1-2), (1-1-2), or (2-1-1)
Playoff Revenge Situations (Non-divisional) I don't think there are any

This might make more sense instead of (2-1-2), (1-1-2), or (2-1-1)

2div-1nondiv-2div
1div-1nondiv-2div
2div-1nondiv-1div

baltimore plays indy, steelers sunday nite, packers monday nite and then lions...Im sure they will be real motivated for that lions game...

talk about a brutal schedule...

KC has the entire NFC EAST in 4 back to back weeks and all in the first 6 weeks of their schedule..

come to think of it, nothing about their schedule looks good.. geez... sucks to be a chief this year.

@ Ravens
Raiders
@ Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
@ Redskins
Chargers
BYE
@ Jaguars
@ Raiders
Steelers
@ Chargers
Broncos
Bills
Browns
@ Bengals
@ Broncos

Blitz,

That is absolutely brutal for the Chiefs. Have you ever seen that? Maybe 3 straight weeks but not all 4 just like that.

On another note, I might have to adopt the G-men this year with the potential of having Big Daddy Braylon at wideout.

that I can recall... no, I don't believe I have ever seen 4 straight weeks in a row... and if I was ever forced to go through it, the NFC BEAST is the one division I would NOT want it to be against... just crazy

On another note, I might have to adopt the G-men this year with the potential of having Big Daddy Braylon at wideout.

may be happening, and I'm glad the Giants (according to the article) declined to trade Steve Smith... I would let them have Hixon, but not Smith... hell, we got plenty of picks to work with.

I think alot was said about the team playing at a lower level without Plax. It was obvious their record was worse without him, but Plax went out right about the same time both inside guys on the D-Line were banged up. Tuck was also banged up some, and Kiwi was playing a lot of snaps at that point... the pressure wasn't there and really tired late in the season. I think adding Canty and Bernard is the biggest thing so far this offseason. With Osi back, we should have plenty of depth and I personally think that's going to be more crucial than getting someone like Braylon... but I'll still take him of course... just wouldn't want them to overpay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-giantspursueedwards041409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sources: Giants expected to land Edwards

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports 14 hours, 21 minutes ago
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Braylon Edwards is expected to become a member of the New York Giants before the NFL draft on April 25-26, according to a pair of sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

“The Giants are going to have to up the offer a bit, but [the Browns] are willing to move him,” said one of two sources with knowledge of the talks between the teams.

1239730245.jpg

Edwards and the Browns had a rough season in 2008
(James Lang/US Presswire)

<!-- {PHOTO ENDS} -->

New York is trying to replace talented yet troubled wideout Plaxico Burress, released by the team on April 3 after a turbulent year near and far from the field. Meanwhile, Cleveland is open to ridding itself of Edwards, who set the team record for touchdown catches in 2007 with 16, because he’s being viewed as someone who will have difficulty working with new coach Eric Mangini.

The Browns reportedly asked for a second- and fifth-round pick and receiver Steve Smith, but the Giants declined. New York countered by offering the two draft picks and receiver Domenik Hixon for Edwards.

Neither the Browns nor Giants could be reached for this story, but both sources said the gap will be bridged before the draft.

“The Giants are motivated, they’re trying to win right now,” the aforementioned quoted source said. “Edwards is a bigger guy that [quarterback] Eli [Manning] wants to throw to, like he had with Plaxico. The Giants know they can’t leave Eli with no great receivers. They saw what happened last year.”

New York’s offense sputtered over the final five games of the season after Burress was suspended by the team after shooting himself at a New York nightclub.

Edwards (6-foot-3, 215 pounds), who has expressed a strong desire to play in a large market like New York, isn’t quite as big as Burress (6-5, 232) but would give the Giants a nice-sized target.

Edwards, the third overall pick in 2005, has shown flashes of his joining the league’s elite wideouts, catching 80 balls for 1,289 yards in his record-setting ’07 season. However, that’s the only time he has surpassed 900 yards in a season over his first four years. Last season, Edwards slumped to 55 catches for 873 yards and three touchdowns during the Browns’ disappointing 4-12 season.

talk about a brutal schedule...

KC has the entire NFC EAST in 4 back to back weeks and all in the first 6 weeks of their schedule..

come to think of it, nothing about their schedule looks good.. geez... sucks to be a chief this year.

@ Ravens
Raiders
@ Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
@ Redskins
Chargers
BYE
@ Jaguars
@ Raiders
Steelers
@ Chargers
Broncos
Bills
Browns
@ Bengals
@ Broncos

last 5 games are not bad at all....

Titans have an interesting schedule. The travel could have been much worse than the NFL made it. It all comes down to the first six games. If they start fast then they should find a way to win 11. It's possible they start out 2-4 and that'd be a tough row to hoe in the AFC. If they win the opener in Yinzerville, they're in good shape.

Back