NFL Schedule Release 2024

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
No official date yet.

Recent history indicates we'll have the release next Thurs, May 9th. Maybe they delay to the 16th?

We'll see.

We know the Brazil game.

We know they are pushing forward with Wednesday Christmas games this year.

That is about it.

One of my favorite NFL days.

Not sure if Baltimore plays in KC this season but if so I think that's the opener. Them or Houston.

They used to do this in April before the draft? Seems like it goes later every year.

I noticed BOL has had team wins over unders out for a few weeks. Was wondering how they could that without schedule out yet?? I didn't try to bet but maybe very low limit?

I noticed BOL has had team wins over unders out for a few weeks. Was wondering how they could that without schedule out yet?? I didn't try to bet but maybe very low limit?
We do know the teams and locations of games, just a matter of spending the time an looking it up. Every division winner will play the other division winners in conference and will play one entire division in each conference. I'm just too exhausted to look it up.

Thought it might be researchable. Yeah ill wait. Found them very sharp last year. Probably won't bet any.

Reactions: KJ
Full release won't be until the 16th. Lots of shows running their season enders this week, they don't want the competition. Also the league starts leaking certain marquee games ahead of time. No leaks tell me it's not this week.

Lions will play 14 of 17 games indoors.

Chicago, Green Bay and San Francisco the true outdoor games.

Remember that for RSW bets.

Release delayed because the NFL was still in negotiations with Netflix to have exclusive rights to the 2 Xmas games this year. The league continues to screw fans by whoring blocks of games out to the highest bidder despite the ungodly amount of money it already rakes in. It's already at the point where a large percentage of the population struggles to financially afford to attend a live game, but hell, let's make them pay through the nose to watch our product on TV too. Amazon, ESPN+, Peacock & now Netflix have a piece of the action. A time is coming in the not to distant future, where the only free games we'll be able to see are the games of the team in our various regional broadcast areas. When is enough going to be enough? Oh yeah, & while we're at it, let's play an 18th game while pretending to prioritize player safety. CFL plays 18 games, but they have 3 bye weeks I believe. The only sport that I'm losing a taste for more than the NFL is it's minor league version, previously known as NCAA football. Rant over.

Release delayed because the NFL was still in negotiations with Netflix to have exclusive rights to the 2 Xmas games this year. The league continues to screw fans by whoring blocks of games out to the highest bidder despite the ungodly amount of money it already rakes in. It's already at the point where a large percentage of the population struggles to financially afford to attend a live game, but hell, let's make them pay through the nose to watch our product on TV too. Amazon, ESPN+, Peacock & now Netflix have a piece of the action. A time is coming in the not to distant future, where the only free games we'll be able to see are the games of the team in our various regional broadcast areas. When is enough going to be enough? Oh yeah, & while we're at it, let's play an 18th game while pretending to prioritize player safety. CFL plays 18 games, but they have 3 bye weeks I believe. The only sport that I'm losing a taste for more than the NFL is it's minor league version, previously known as NCAA football. Rant over.
Great rant DG

Taylor Swift's tour is likely giving some hints on road games or bye weeks:

Swift will perform in Miami from Friday, Oct. 18 through Sunday, Oct. 20 (week 7)

Swift will perform in New Orleans from Friday, Oct. 25 through Sunday, Oct. 27 (week 8)

Swift will perform in Indianapolis from Friday, Nov. 1 through Sunday, Nov. 3 (week 9)

With setup on Thursday and teardown late into the night on Sunday, odds are these teams all avoid home games in those weeks.

Swift will perform in Miami from Friday, Oct. 18 through Sunday, Oct. 20 (week 7)

Swift will perform in New Orleans from Friday, Oct. 25 through Sunday, Oct. 27 (week 8)

Swift will perform in Indianapolis from Friday, Nov. 1 through Sunday, Nov. 3 (week 9)

With setup on Thursday and teardown late into the night on Sunday, odds are these teams all avoid home games in those weeks.
Indy getting 3 Swiftie shows is not on the bingo card

Yep. NO has Denver this year, I think in the Dome?
If so, that’s a primetimer I’m sure

Rumor has it that the four Christmas teams will play the Saturday prior as well and will likely be all from the same division. The easiest travel divisions are the AFC and NFC North, followed by the NFC South,

Yeah, they all HAVE to play Saturday in order for this to remotely work.

I won't lie, this is BS that they are playing any Wednesday games, let alone multiple! The NFL tasted that Christmas magic and won't ever let it go. Initially they said no games on Wednesday but leap year brought this to the forefront quickly.

Saturday is a must to make this work.

With that being said, what a disadvantage during crucial weeks before the playoffs.

If your rumor about the same division comes true @Gandolf , then I wouldn't be surprised by either one of those.

NFC North has two playoff teams from last year that are also great for ratings. Young QBs and solid young teams right behind them.

AFC North has Steelers and Baltimore (hey, Steelers played in the last Wednesday game, right?). Joey B and then an always interesting Browns team as well.

Interesting stuff...

I only watch free TV. But I guess I'm one of the few who can live without watching an NFL game. But all this nonsense would end if people simply said no. Unfortunately the ratings continue to set records. So the NFL will continue to do it.

I only watch free TV. But I guess I'm one of the few who can live without watching an NFL game. But all this nonsense would end if people simply said no. Unfortunately the ratings continue to set records. So the NFL will continue to do it.
Same here, other than a month two seasons ago when I had a free subscription to Amazon Prime. I had NFL Ticket for a few years, but I put an end to that about 7-8 years ago too. Unfortunately, I can see the CFP following the NFL's lead as soon as the current contract with ESPN is up, albeit that's 7 years down the road.

Best part is that "free" tv still has me shelling out around $230/mo (yeah Interwebs included but still, all the same to me) and trying to find stuff online. Fortunately the only team I care to watch play to play is the locals and trimming fantasy from my life portfolio was healthy. Even so, I don't know what more anyone needs than the Red Zone channel. Best thing in the biz during NFL season for me.

Yeah, they all HAVE to play Saturday in order for this to remotely work.

I won't lie, this is BS that they are playing any Wednesday games, let alone multiple! The NFL tasted that Christmas magic and won't ever let it go. Initially they said no games on Wednesday but leap year brought this to the forefront quickly.

Saturday is a must to make this work.

With that being said, what a disadvantage during crucial weeks before the playoffs.
Christmas starts the week 17 slate. Could the league give them all week 16 byes? It's really late but otherwise you're probably talking about games on 12/15, 12/21 and 12/25 for these four teams for weeks 15-17. That's pretty harsh. They should all get at least week 14 byes before playing 3 games in 11 days.

If your rumor about the same division comes true @Gandolf , then I wouldn't be surprised by either one of those.

NFC North has two playoff teams from last year that are also great for ratings. Young QBs and solid young teams right behind them.

AFC North has Steelers and Baltimore (hey, Steelers played in the last Wednesday game, right?). Joey B and then an always interesting Browns team as well.

Interesting stuff...
Each division has its pluses and minuses, AFC North is probably the best choice:

AFC East - Plus - big east coast markets, Minus - NE might be really bad this year, remember the Saturday game would be national too. The Jets are another ARod injury from being a brutal watch.
NFC East - Plus - even bigger markets. Minus - Dallas already gets Thanksgiving, now they get Christmas? Dallas travel across timezone.
AFC North - Plus - all four teams should be competitive, plus cold weather outdoor games, plus ease of travel. Minus - tiny markets but really no drawbacks as a few have widespread fan bases.
NFC North - Plus - all four teams should be watchable, big market in Chicago, ease of travel. Minus - Same as Dallas, two holidays for Detroit?
AFC South - Plus - interesting young QBs across the board. Minuses - time zone difference, division has been a source of ridicule for years. Now you want to give them this prize?
NFC South - Plus - ease of travel. Minus - division has been mediocre for awhile and the QBs are mostly retreads.
AFC West - Plus - Mahomes locks down one game. Minus - the other game will be brutal.
NFC West - Plus - Good mix of talented and hard trying teams. Minus - terrible travel to and from Seattle, Niners might be the only draw.

Best part is that "free" tv still has me shelling out around $230/mo (yeah Interwebs included but still, all the same to me) and trying to find stuff online. Fortunately the only team I care to watch play to play is the locals and trimming fantasy from my life portfolio was healthy. Even so, I don't know what more anyone needs than the Red Zone channel. Best thing in the biz during NFL season for me.
Agreed. Sunday afternoons are Red Zone early and Cowboys late or all Red Zone when the Boys are a national game.

Local rumor Week 1 - Pittsburgh at Atlanta (Arthur Smith Bowl) - may need to be later Sunday or Monday night since Braves host Toronto at 1:35 pm

Christmas starts the week 17 slate. Could the league give them all week 16 byes? It's really late but otherwise you're probably talking about games on 12/15, 12/21 and 12/25 for these four teams for weeks 15-17. That's pretty harsh. They should all get at least week 14 byes before playing 3 games in 11 days.
Fantasy football though and byes doesn't work whatsoever for championship week.

With NFL Schedules being released Wednesday and CIRCA already having released the RSW totals, I am curious --- Does anyone think that the NFL gave the books a sneak preview before release?

Curious.....

With NFL Schedules being released Wednesday and CIRCA already having released the RSW totals, I am curious --- Does anyone think that the NFL gave the books a sneak preview before release?

Curious.....
Good question but I believe there were some preliminary RSWs weeks ago, right?

Curious.....
We know who each team is playing and whether they are home or road games

The schedule only really matters if you are trying to navigate the dates and the last week is a given that it's a divisional game

Chiefs game 2 is vs the Joe Bengals. Ravens/Bengals start, getting the hard games out of the way early. But 9 of the last 15 are on the road.

Rumor has it that the four Christmas teams will play the Saturday prior as well and will likely be all from the same division. The easiest travel divisions are the AFC and NFC North, followed by the NFC South,

Those 12/21 games go head-to-head with the CFP too. That might push the Christmas games towards the East divisions, since those cities would have no local college programs to compete. NFC South almost no chance. AFC & NFC North get more difficult to see with Big 10 implications.

Back