NFL Rumors

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Doing this on Blankets also, like to check out rumors for my 4 favorite sports....Basketball, baseball,soccer, and football

Well it looks the Packers are probably not gonna get Kevin Jones, Bucaneers seemed to be very interested in him, and that could be a great place for him to bring back his career

This is a pretty big one...but doubtful anything will ever come of it...Chargers possibly move to LA?

ESPN reporting Brett Favre wants to come back to play next season? could be bullshit

ESPN reporting Brett Favre wants to come back to play next season? could be bullshit

I think we all knew that retirement wouldn't last. It's BS that he continues to hold Green Bay and Aaron Rogers hostage. Great player, but there is no need for him to be such a diva every year.

Well it looks the Packers are probably not gonna get Kevin Jones, Bucaneers seemed to be very interested in him, and that could be a great place for him to bring back his career

This is a pretty big one...but doubtful anything will ever come of it...Chargers possibly move to LA?

Chargers to LA???

Yep...Chargers are free to start soliciting other cities in January 09; they cannot get a new stadium deal done in the city of San Diego due to the cities large financial issues. The outlying areas, the county, have not been able to broker a deal to date with the Chargers. Owner Spanos is adamant about getting a new stadium so that he can host SB's and implenent personal seat licenses and so forth. It may not be to LA...but the threat of the Chargers looking (and finding) a new home after this season is very real.

I am annoyed at the fact that San Diego is even up for negotiating with other cities. Any other city in this country would be thrilled to have such a team in there city. They are superbowl contenders and are talking about moving, how pitiful.

Ran accross this at another site:

Source: Darin Gantt, www.Heraldonline.com

Responding to some talk that Brett Favre wanted to return and play for the Panthers, Darin Gant who covers the team had this:
That's not happening, and it's not because Favre doesn't want to come here.

For starters, the Panthers have a starter they like just fine in Jake Delhomme. And while the world seems to think his arm's going to fly off like a scene from Monty Python, he's actually ahead of schedule coming back from last year's elbow surgery.

Also, the Panthers think far more highly of Matt Moore than most, which should have been obvious when they didn't sign a veteran free agent or draft one.

Kevin Jones is a bust, he is going to suck wherever he goes.

Matt Ryan might start on week one

ESPN is trying to extend its MNF coverage till 2018

Dolphins might want Favre

Kelly Holcomb is retiring

Chris Simms might sign with the Cowboys

In my honest opinion if Favre comes back he will have nothing but problems and be a detriment to whatever team he plays for.

Did you know that his playoff record since 2002 is 3-5, with 14 TDs and 16 INTs in 8 games?

His passing rating in the last 12 post season games was just 77.8?

He is the only QB in NFL history to throw overtime interceptions in 2 playoof games with the final one against the G-Men in January's NFC Title game?

He was great, there is no doubt about that. I personally like the guy but it's time to go. He needs to let it go. He could probably be a great commentator or even a coach in some capacity but he needs to leave the playing to the young bucks. :cheers:

Kevin Jones is a bust, he is going to suck wherever he goes.

He may not be Barry Sanders and he has had trouble with injuries but I refuse to classify anyone sentenced to play with the Lions as a bust until they flop in a humane environment. Jones may be a bust but I think when healthy and on a team with half a brain and an OL more capable than Vanderbilt's he just may show you something.

Can someone dig up B.A.R.'s mid season thread last year when he declared the playoffs etc and we all piled on and said no way?

1-7 the rest of the way. Poor BAR. Switch teams dude it aint fair to ya.

In my honest opinion if Favre comes back he will have nothing but problems and be a detriment to whatever team he plays for.

Did you know that his playoff record since 2002 is 3-5, with 14 TDs and 16 INTs in 8 games?

His passing rating in the last 12 post season games was just 77.8?

He is the only QB in NFL history to throw overtime interceptions in 2 playoof games with the final one against the G-Men in January's NFC Title game?

He was great, there is no doubt about that. I personally like the guy but it's time to go. He needs to let it go. He could probably be a great commentator or even a coach in some capacity but he needs to leave the playing to the young bucks. :cheers:

That INT was seen from a mile away and it was horrible I must admit.

However, if the dude ended up on the Vikings I could see them going all the way THIS YEAR.

Back