NFL Pre-Season Week 1

PocketJacks

Jim Leyland's Errand Boy
Newbie here, figured I would get my thread started and hear your boys' thoughts before Thursday's game.

Did this for the Sunday nighter and it lost, but will not waver until the first week of the Pre-Season is over.

I will be playing every single UNDER for 1 unit in Week 1 this pre-season.

Couple different stats I found here: (Note, the numbers are off by 2 games, 2 different sources, this is becuase of the totals being different for 2 games.)

-Week 1 Last 2 years: Under came in at 21-9-3

-Week 1 2006: Under came in at 12-4-1. Next 3 weeks under was 24-23-1

-Week 1 2007: Under came in at 9-7. All 4 weeks combined under was 30-33-3.

-2005-2007 Week 1 combined scores= 33.4 points.

-2006 avg. 31.94 points. 2007 avg. 33.47 points

So, for week 1 I will be on every single under for a unit. Will also be doing 6 point teasers when I see an opportunity that I like. Teasers will be for 1/2 unit.

Last edited:
Will not have the lines until Thursday Night, but here is what is out there right now.

Lions/Giants 33 (Giants are getting 3, so this might be a teaser game as well for me).

Ravens/Pats 35 (Another possible teaser game with the Ravens getting 5).

Jets/Browns 35

Chiefs/Bears 33

Saints/Cardinals 36

If you boys have some thoughts on these games, please lets hear them.

Totals will be for 1 Unit, Teasers will be for a 1/2 Unit.

Lions/Giants looks good. New offensive system I see us trying to really pound the running game and whatnot. a 17-13 game either way seems about right.

system for preseason?

i feel like there are too many intangibles out there for it to be successful, but if the unders have been hitting in the past then why not

good luck

I had the same thoughts Cap.......if they have been hitting on a consistent basis, why not. Also why I will limit it to Week 1 only.

Also, may make a play on Baltimore as well getting the points. HC John Harbaugh said that Kyle Boeller will start and play the entire 1st half. Smith and Falco (The Replacements for you movie buffs) will split time in the 2nd half.

Boeller will be seeing a bunch of time against 2nd stringers while Smith, who has some game experience, will see time against alot of guys that are sturggling just to make the squad.

FWIW I really like the Browns -3. B Quinn should see significant action in this one and I just don't think the Jets have anything in terms of offensive depth

Thursday 8/7:

I love your approach...who the hell knows in the preseason (which I think lends more credence to "tendencies").
After extensive research into QB rotations, HC preseason tendencies, various player and team "motivation"...not to mention the "Farve Fiasco" (thanks J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets) I'm hitting:

LIONS (-3)
BROWNS (-3)
CARDS (-2.5)

Small ML Parlay: DET(-150) & CLEV (-170) & CHI (-175)

Mully

Mulligan, I agree with all 3 of those plays.....best of luck to you.:cheers:

All right boys, got the numbers finally (fucking locals).

Quite a bit of plays tonight, but remember, this is pre-season, so the dollar amounts are lower, but I will still use units for tracking purposes.

All for 1 Unit

Detroit/NY Under 33

Ravens/NE Under 35

Jets/Brownies Under 35

KC/Chi-Town Under 33

Saints/Zona Under 36

These plays for 1/2 Unit

Giants +9/Under 39

Baltimore +9.5/Under 41

3 Team Parlay Giants +3/Brownies -3/Zona -2.5 (Never play parlays, this is for funsies)

2 Unit Play

Brownies -3

Good Luck to all of you tonight on your plays, remember, we have more tomorrow night. :cheers:

luol/Vap:

Best of luck to you boys tonight.:cheers:

Going to keep pounding those unders for the first week, the numbers tell me to.

Vap, hope those doggies bark for ya......cept of course the Jets.:shake:

Back