Gbay/Washington over 46.5 winner
Gbay +1 winner
Panthers -145 winner
Kansas City 5 loser
6 pt teaser Zona-1/denver -1.5 winner
Denver +3 winner
Cardinals +3 loser

Last edited:
:party: teaser might get my money too, trying to keep it in the fairway but it looks so good

GL Kyle

Are you about ready to say you were wrong about Cam Newton?

Kid can fucking play

He's had a great year as part of a great team. He is better than I thought. I think there was a crossroads there where he had a chance to spiral into a nothing, selfish player but he managed to stop the toilet drain and has gotten better both at the position and as a teammate. Whether that is just because it is easy to be a good teammate when you are winning, I dunno. But, I am all about winning and it is hard to argue with what he is doing when they win just about every week this year. Defense is insane good and the offensive line is really good .. think i saw 1 sack 1 knockdown stat at some point in time in the 4th qtr broadcast of last weeks game against the seahawks...that is amazing. So I am ready to admit he isn't a bust (which it looked like he was going to be) but not ready to put him in the conversation as one of the better QB's in the league just yet. Maybe he gets there. He will have to beat one of the alltime greats in the SB if he gets there.

I think the conference championship game is where he is going to show what he is all about ... they finally play a team they won't be able to run the ball on. Cam is gonna have to beat the Cards and Zona has only given up three really big games against opposing Tight ends all year. Olsen arguably the second best tight end in the league and a big part of what they do. While I like the depth of the WR group for Carolina, there is no one there that P Peterson cannot take away so if they stay disciplined on the play action with Olsen, Cam will have to prove he can hit the third and fourth best options on his team to succeed. So this is the game where he has to be the superman he likes to call himself if they are going to win.

ADDS

Denver +3
Cardinals +3

Hard to fade Carolina in their own building and hard to back Carson Palmer in a big game but they match up so perfectly against Carolina that I think it deserves a play.
Denver/NE seems largely like a coin flip to me and the points could very well come into play in what should be a low scoring defensive game. I think weather will most likely be ok but if it gets difficult to pass for any reason, there is no doubt which team has the better running game.

How can you back the Broncos? I just don't see it. Manning is a shell of his former self. They have good D but I just don't see it.

How can you back the Broncos? I just don't see it. Manning is a shell of his former self. They have good D but I just don't see it.

They have the better defense, better rushing game,and are at home. And stop listening to ESPN about Manning. He was 21/37 last week with his WRs dropping 7-8 passes. They catch the ball and he's 28-37 and people aren't overacting

Thanks guys.

real quick .. I got a bunch of texts the last few days from ctgers but I had a problem with a black screen on my cell and didn't get a chance to answer any so here ya go all at once

1. You're welcome
2. I am not letting you buy me a shirt
3. I am not interested in any betting situations with other people and I just got rid of most of my outs
4. Yes, he really sent me a jersey
5. Glad it worked out for us. Even after that first half we had to sweat it. It's never easy.
6. I am glad it wasn't like that for the Army game
7. Yes, a really good bowl season ... rough start and finish to it but the middle was sweet.
8. Biloxi

Cheering for the Pats personally but you got a great temperature for Manning... anything over 40 and he's capable. Under 30 and he's toast.

Well, I won't be posting a Super Bowl play.

Won't be betting nba or cbb from here and won't be betting mlb this season.

So see you all next summer with cfb or in the politics forum.

Grats to Panthers and Broncos backers and to Cards/Pats fans on a great season.

One piece of advice... if you like panthers bet them tonight or very near gametime. If you like Denver bet them in the middle of the time lag between now and kickoff.

Ok later folks

One piece of advice... if you like panthers bet them tonight or very near gametime. If you like Denver bet them in the middle of the time lag between now and kickoff.

Ok later folks

Won't see better than 6 widely available and denver will be bet heavy game day by the professionals. I am feeling good about this advice. smodod

Line ended up not mattering but still happy that I understood how the market would play out. I did end up losing an appetizer/dinner bet with takeit (I had Carolina ML for that) .... she owns me. Otherwise a very relaxing super bowl with no investments.

Back