NFL On Field Passes

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
So I got two tickets to this weeks giants game and was originally just going to sell the tickets... But now I just found out I get passes to go on the field pregame.... Has anyone ever done this before? Do you get to meet players? Not really sure what it entails..

In 1999 my girlfriend was a 49er cheerleader and I was on the sideline for every pregame at Candlestick. It was pre 9/11 so things were a little looser then than it probably is now. You may get an opportunity to speak to someone on the sideline who is not playing or who is coaching. More than likely you'll be on the backside of the sidelines and not actually on the sideline. It's not what you think in terms of socializing. Security is everywhere and believe when I tell you, you are being watched and can easily be asked to return to your seat if you go overboard. What you will enjoy is the energy. Have fun.

Thanks wise but It's only pregame. Not during. More importantly, your gf was a 49ers cheerleader????

kind of similar story, though my cousin was a charger cheerleader. everything wise said is 100% correct, its like the secret service down there with security. same with being on a mlb field. you could yell at a player, thats about it unless you personally know a player etc.

Did this for the Browns-Cowboys opener a few years back. You're not actually allowed on the field, but are in marked out areas on the sidelines and part of the end line. The way the Browns did it, depending on the side you entered from you were only allowed to be on that sideline from about the 20 yard line to the opposite end zone, and about a 1/3 of the way around the end zone. The opposite side had the same restrictions on there side.

Best places to be were right behind the bench, got some great shots of Romo who left his helmet on the bench and came back to grab it, and near the corner of the endzone as the players usually stretch near between the goaline and the 20.

Pretty cool but not as great as it could be. Lots of security being a pain in the ass.

Thanks wise but It's only pregame. Not during. More importantly, your gf was a 49ers cheerleader????

I initially thought about posting a picture but I think the picture would carry else where which I don't want.

Gandolf, that sounds very similar to Candlestick. The bench area is a very good spot to roam but don't overdue thinking you're going to have a chat with anyone.
I was fortunate enough be on the sidelines when the Rams came to town. Rams were on such an incredible run that Super Bowl year that everyone was in a great mood. I spoke extensively with Wilbert Montgomery who was their RB coach. Knowing his history as a player with the Eagles, I was able to bring up past games from the late 70's early 80's. I told him that the last time the Rams went to the Super Bowl, he was playing with the Eagels who lost to Tampa Bay in the playoffs that year. He told me it was so hot in Tampa that they couldn't adjust to the climate. He's a good man and I was surprised he spoke to me as long as he did. It might have been because I told him that Dorsett and him were 2 of the best RB's in that era. I also talked to TE Ernie Conwell who didn't suit up. I used my Godson on him and then the conversation took off from there because I knew about his college career at UW.
Why am I telling you this? You really need to have something in order to engage otherwise just wish them good luck. Enjoy it for the energy the field brings.

th

Back