NFL Handicapping League Week 1 Lines

• Thread starter Thread starter Lareux
  • Start date Start date
L

Lareux

Guys -

Please post your Week 1 plays in here. Here's a quick recap of the rules for anyone not familiar. Entries are open until Monday night, as long as you get your 2 required plays in for the week. Once we get a final headcount, I will let everyone know and we can decide on how many spots to pay.

$10,000 to start for each participant
Minimum of 2 bets per week, maximum of 4 (point spreads and totals only, no MLs)
If the minimum 2 bets are not made, you will lose 10% of your bankroll, and any bet that you made will be voided (if you only made 1 bet for the week)

• Can play 1 parlay (2 or 3 team) in your 4 plays
    • 2 team parlays will pay 2.6/1
    • 3 team parlays will pay 6/1

• Can play 1 teaser (2 or 3 team) in your 4 plays
    • 2 team teasers are 6 pts and -120
    • 3 team teasers are 10 pts and -130

• Minimum amount for wager is $100, there is no maximum
  • You can only wager, in a week, what you started the week with (this is a new rule, there was much discussion last year towards the end of the year (after a vote during the year), and there was a vast majority who didn't like the fact that guys could bet their bankroll on a game, win the bet, and then bet that amount on a later game....so we are adopting this rule)

If you run out of money at any point, you are eliminated…there are no “re-buys”

Depending on the number of guys in the contest, payouts will be determined before the season begins. I would like to pay the top 10-20% of participants (much like a poker tourney).

GB
SEA -6 47

NO -3 51.5
ATL

MIN
StL -4 43.5

CLE
PIT -6 41.5

JAX
PHI -10.5 52.5

OAK
NYJ -5.5 39.5

CIN
BAL -2 43

BUF
CHI -7 47

WAS
HOU -3 45

TEN
KC -4 43.5

NE -5 47
MIA

CAR
TB -2 39

SF -5 51.5
DAL

IND
DEN -7.5 55.5

NYG
DET -5.5 47

SD
ARI -3 45

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just withdraw my 10K on debit card?
Yeah, I know.

Seahags -6 $100
Indy +7.5 $100

GB/Sea under 47 $200
Oakland Raiders +5.5 $500
TB Buccs -2 $500
Pitt Steelers -6 $300

Last edited:
Can we get this stickied please Mods?

Thanks!

Appreciate it Jump!

Guys, each week the thread will be stickied at the top of the NFL forum (and then taken down and replaced by next week's lines/standings). No need to go searching for the thread.

Baltimore -2 ($1,100)

Tennessee +4 ($550)

Tampa Bay-2 ($330)

2T Teaser ($1,200/1,000)
Denver -1.5
San Diego+9

Guys -

Check your PMs please, I still need email addresses from a few of you. We had 2 people post plays in here who I don't think are in the contest, so I want to verify who is who....thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
question. how are we keeping track of records? are we all doing our own record keeping? also, the juice is +100 on all games or -110?

Thanks!

question. how are we keeping track of records? are we all doing our own record keeping? also, the juice is +100 on all games or -110?

Thanks!

The juice is -110 unless otherwise noted. I keep track of the records and post updates each week in the weekly lines thread. You should keep track yourself though, just in case there are mistakes (there were a couple last year, it happens).

I was curious about this as well. How many entries are there?

Sorry guys, I was waiting to hear back from everyone that posted plays last week...it turns out there were 2 guys who were not in the contest that posted plays. We also had one guy who signed up at LeagueSafe, but didn't make any plays...he is not participating this year.

We only have 9 guys, which is pretty disappointing, since we had 18 last year and raised the buy in as people requested. We will have to vote on the payouts. I will post the options we have in the Week 2 thread.

Back