Nfl Game Of The Year

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

Cincy -6 (1650 to win 1500)

Carson Palmer picks teams apart when he is given sufficient time in the pocket. Their left side line backer position has been decimated. Haggans is out, Farrior has been underperforming in the last 6 weeks, and two backups are questionable. The Bengals offensive line is essentially 100% healthy and Pitt's loss last week @ home to the Ravens took their heart along with their post season aspirations. Cincy already came into Pitt this season and beat them by 8 and the Steelers haven't covered a revenge spot this season. The home team has covered 6 of the last 7 matchups between these two teams and mutual opponent matchups point strongly to the Bengals. In the last 10 weeks Pitt and Cincy have played 8 of the same teams and the Bengals have played 7 of the 8 teams better (closer losses all the way to larger wins) better than the Steelers. This couldn't be more evident against their mutual opponent Baltimore...both teams played the Ravens twice (possibly the best team in the NFL)...Cincy split holding serve @ home and the season series was tied (wins:1-1 and points: 33-33) The Steelers lost both contests convincingly (wins: 0-1 and points: 7-58)...why am I bring up the Ravens more than New Orleans or Carolina, or Atlanta??? B/C team's level of play is expected to rise against the stronger opponents! Pitt is simply another team this season. They have nothin left to play for, their star qb has thrown 5 more picks than tds this season, their all-star defense is hurting in all positions, and Cowher seems to be jumping ship after this season. Cincy still has a lot to prove and they will never be more motivated for a game than tommorow. That botched snap must be the most frustrating way to lose a game in the history of the sport, and what better opponent to take out that frustration on than the defending champs with your season on the line. Two starting safteys are out for Pitt tommorow and two more are sporting serious injury, Palmer must be licking his chops for kickoff. The Steelers are 1-7 ATS this season when playing a team with a +.500 record and there is no way the Bengals end their season in Cincinnati dropping their third st8 game after how they exited the playoffs last year. They owe this one to Carson, they owe this one to their fans, Pitt got their ring last season and now it's time for a little payback. The 6 points is the deciding factor for me, this is less than one touchdown and Cincy knows after last week they'd better not leave anything to chance if avoidable. Balls to the wall for the Bengals in a 31-17 final

I disagree. If there is a role that Pitt loves to play its the spoiler. Pitt was a 1 pt fav when they met at Heinz and now you wanna lay 6 with them? Makes no sense.

I don't understand this GOY thing... I mean from a bettor's angle a play is a play, and falling in love with any play is very dangerous.

Look at Mr. Flava's record for example - impressive hitrate, but a big fat minus on the account.

GL Bill but I think it's Pitt today. Cowher's last game coaching for the Steelers. He has been all over the radio this week stating he wants to finish with a win because there is a big difference between 8-8 and 7-9. I think the 15 years of service he has given to the organization will have his guys playing their arses off. I am not going to bet this game so I hope you win but man, I see alot of Giants game last night in this one.

You already used your GOY at Covers, remember? Or is the rule one GOY per site?

LOL

Bengals playoff hopes are dismal even if they win.. That concerns me with regards to realistic motivation of the team.

(Jets or Broncos must lose at home to shitty teams and KC must beat JAX)

I hate week 17.. No play

I already have PIT ML +222 so with my luck recently you will no doubt win this one. BOL and happy new year.

i'm glad you guys are givin your input...however motivationally, cincy was knocked out of the playoffs last year by this team and their qb was put on the injured reserve. They playoff hopes lie with todays game and Pitt has nothin left to play for. It's a lot easier to take a loss like this for Pitt than it will be for Cincy...expecially due to the excuses they can hide behind...pitt is REAL banged up right now, they're on the road and the game is meaningless, and they already won their rings. Pitt doesnt have the abillity to play tight games when motivated or needed...they proved that with their season on the line last week @ home against the Ravens...they were shut out earlier in the season by that team and needed that win for post season life. They cant answer the bell like before and Cincy is healthy, motivated, and ready for war.

I think you are right.. Bengals should score plenty and cover.. They will not make the playoffs though.. GL on your play..

Followed ya, but Cincy's Defense isn't that good I think. watching the game here, it looks like Willie parker will break a long run somewhere. Pittsburgh also seems to be moving the ball well right now near the end of 1Q.

billy, i am on pitt, check my thread for reasons, you may win but i wouldn't make this the game of the year

huge rivalry, last game for cowher, he will have the guys ready...cinn/pitt don't like each other

pitt has won 8 of the last 10 here, and haven't lost by 6 or more in the last 10 years

line of scrimmage stats favor pittsburgh

situations favor pittsburgh

what can i say...pitts defense didnt win that game for them...cincy's lack luster start cost them the playoff chance...

3 quarters without one touchdown,

pitt played awesome, and cowher looked like a genius through and through...a sound beating which shouldnt even have been that close, when we were on the 20 with 22 seconds left and a timeout, i thought i was gonna get one play for a miracle cover...but alas, then i woulda had a decent shot at a push but pitt won the toss....however i didnt even deserve the chance, pitt dominated...

i honestly didnt think the motivation would be there, that team loves cowher...they supported him like he was their father today

billivy said:
what can i say...pitts defense didnt win that game for them...cincy's lack luster start cost them the playoff chance...

3 quarters without one touchdown,

pitt played awesome, and cowher looked like a genius through and through...a sound beating which shouldnt even have been that close, when we were on the 20 with 22 seconds left and a timeout, i thought i was gonna get one play for a miracle cover...but alas, then i woulda had a decent shot at a push but pitt won the toss....however i didnt even deserve the chance, pitt dominated...

i honestly didnt think the motivation would be there, that team loves cowher...they supported him like he was their father today

been that way for 15 years

Back