NFL Football 9/9

Marcus000

Fondy's bitch
2007 NFL Record: 1-2

3 for me on the early games, was thinking about playing the Rams but gonna lay off that.

Houston -3 vs KC

Basically a fade of KC till they can show they actually have a QB. Herm Edwards of course said he wouldn't be working Larry Johnson too much... that shall be seen. But he's still pretty much their offense and less carries for him is more chances for Houston. Houston didn't look too shabby in the preseason. They actually beat all 3 teams in the 1st half of the 3 games starters played (Chicago, Dallas, Arizona). Schaub looked very good and of course Ahman Green will do his thing. Should be excitement in Houston for this one as it looks like the Texans are finally on their way to building a competitive football team while KC seems to be doing just the opposite.

Pittsburgh -4.5 at Cleveland

When was the last time the Steelers lost to the Browns? 2003 actually and since that loss the Steelers are 6-0-1 ATS and 7-0 SU against the Brownies. The new coach looks like he has taken the role well as Pittsburgh looked pretty decent in the preseason. Big Ben is fully healthy and Willie Parker is back to break off long runs. Cleveland meanwhile will have Charlie "Interception" Frye under gun for them with Jamal Lewis as either the "suprise of the season" or the "I told you he was washed up" of the season in the backfield. I also consider this play as my boycott of the Browns until they start Brady Quinn.

Philadelphia -3 at Green Bay

Because I hate the state of Wisconsin.

As for the afternoon games...

Bears at Chargers: As a Bears fan just gonna watch and hope we kick some AFC ass.

Bucs at Seahawks: Need to see how Hasselbeck will come out this year before I lay a decent number with Seattle.

So only 1 play on the afternoon games:

Detroit/Oakland over 39.5

Gonna take the shot on this. Detroit has the offense but still imo has a shit defense. I hate McCown but at home facing a mediocre defense he will have no excuses and if he wants to keep his job for 1 more week he will need to fare well here. Plus he is facing a defense he got to watch/sometimes practice with last year. I can see a 24-20/21-20 type game .

thx bro, gl on your plays as well today.

Ok one more addition before I crash.

Adding:

Tennessee/Jacksonville over 38

Both meetings between these 2 went over last year and both meetings were with Gerrard at QB. Probably a great game for Gerrard to begin his tenure with Tennessee as the main man now as he has experience facing this team and should do pretty well against a suspect Titans D. Jacksonville should be able to put up a decent amount of points at home, Tennessee meanwhile won't put up a huge number on this Jax defense but I think they can get around 10-14 which just puts Jax at needing 4 TD's which to me is very doable.

Adding:

Eagles -3 2nd half

Basically a double up on the original bet. Packers got 10 points pretty much off turnovers, haven't done much offensively. Eagles started to get the offense working in the 2nd quarter and should build on that.

Gonna add a prop for the night game as well.

Adding:

Eli Manning over 20 Completions +100

With Tiki gone of course Eli should have to throw a bit more as I don't see the Brandon Jacobs and company carrying the offense. Plus also factoring in I think the Giants will be playing from behind in this game that should also add to Manning's attempts/hopeful completions. Worth a shot at even money.

God I'm turning into fondy. And I actually saw this in fondy's thread and thought to myself its a good play.

Adding:

Giants TT over 9.5 1st Half

Not much to ask of the Giants to put up a TD and a FG in the 1st half. I still have doubts about the Cowboys secondary and think Eli (even tho inconsistant as hell) can mount some decent drives.

Final Add:

Giants TT over 10 2nd Half

Cowboys secondary having a tough time out there and can see Manning leading 2-3 more scoring drives in the 2nd half. Ideally would like the Cowboys to score on their drive which will make the Giants chasing a TD score. Either way think they can muster 13-14 points in the 2nd half.

Well thought after the Philly debacle today would just be one of those days but finished the day out strong winning my last 6 bets. Its nice to get a little mojo working.

Recap:

Houston -3 (Win)
Pittsburgh -4.5 (Win)
Philadelphia -3 (Loss)
Philadelphia -3 2nd Half (Loss)
Tennessee/Jacksonville over 38 (Loss)
Detroit/Oakland over 39.5 (Win)
Detroit TT over 7.5 2nd Half (Win)
Giants/Dallas over 44 (Win)
Eli Manning over 20 Completions (Win)
Giants TT over 9.5 1st Half (Win)
Giants TT over 10 2nd Half (Win)