********Nfl flex scheduling updates*******

We should probably make this an official thread.

There should be A LOT of flexed coming, hopefully.

As far as this flex. Why? I guess putting a shit game in the 4:05 slot?

Weird.

As far as THOSE primetime games, no way they get rid of the GB game with KC.

Unfortunately, the Burrow injury occured but Cincy is still in the mix (for now) vs a division leader.

As far as THOSE primetime games, no way they get rid of the GB game with KC.

Unfortunately, the Burrow injury occured but Cincy is still in the mix (for now) vs a division leader.
Normally yes

But this year has been especially bad for prime time games

Shouldnt just bank on packers audience

Weird.
They definitely wanted their shittiest game going up against Niners/Eagles. Makes plenty of sense if they had to fill a late slot.

Flexing better be common in December though cause some shit Sunday and monday night games

Plus some teams like Houston who are way more interesting than expected when schedules made

Monday nights.

Fwiw, the last one is the Saturday night standalone at Jerry world with BNL and Cowboys.

Screenshot_20231121-194134.png

December 11th gotta go !!

I know they aren't getting rid of the Chiefs in Foxboro but my goodness -- they knew damn well NE was trash this year, yet here they are all over our screens in December!

Don't care how shitty they are it takes some brass balls to pull any of GB/PIT/NE/DAL/KC off any primetime cast especially GB/NYG

That can't be an easy call regardless

Don't care how shitty they are it takes some brass balls to pull any of GB/PIT/NE/DAL/KC off any primetime cast especially GB/NYG

That can't be an easy call regardless
True.

We understand markets, it just sucks.

Nyg are unwatchable.

GB isn't much better for the eyes.

NE is what they were in the early 90s. Treat em that way!

Reactions: KJ
True.

We understand markets, it just sucks.

Nyg are unwatchable.

GB isn't much better for the eyes.

NE is what they were in the early 90s. Treat em that way!
Oh don't think I disagree

Doubt I watch much of that game if at all

My guess is we get

Week 14

Both monday night games are crap, I think they wanna avoid mondays unless its 1 game and it's really bad, so no changes and they hope 1 of the games is good

Snf is eagles cowboys elite matchup

Week 15

Snf again good with jags ravens

Should move Pats chiefs, but agree with reno it wont

Week 16

Xmas eve maybe? Just swap cowboys dolphins to night game, move broncos pats back

Xmas incredible sports day

Week 17

Lions cowboys saturday night incredible

Packers vikings Sunday nighter should be moved, just pick a game 2 weeks out that looks best

dolphins ravens makes a ton of sense

Week 18 no flexing except the Sunday nighter which they dont select till week of

We should probably make this an official thread.

There should be A LOT of flexed coming, hopefully.

Weird.
It's exactly that. Denver/Houston deserves more eyeballs and the other 1:00 pm CBS games only have limited regional appeal.

It's exactly that. Denver/Houston deserves more eyeballs and the other 1:00 pm CBS games only have limited regional appeal.
Yeah, that was my only guess looking at the others.

That's a Fox double dip day and CBS was stuck with a brutal slate. No doubt.

My guess is we get

Week 14

Both monday night games are crap, I think they wanna avoid mondays unless its 1 game and it's really bad, so no changes and they hope 1 of the games is good

Week 15

Week 16

Xmas eve maybe? Just swap cowboys dolphins to night game, move broncos pats back

Week 17

Packers vikings Sunday nighter should be moved, just pick a game 2 weeks out that looks best

Week 18 no flexing except the Sunday nighter which they dont select till week of
Might actually be Saints/Falcons for 7-10 and Shitty South Title on the line….

My guess is we get

Week 14

Week 15

Week 16

Week 17

Week 14 I think you're right. Jets are also at home on Sunday so you can't move the Giants game off Monday. Every time I see that AWS commercial about their computers helping with the schedule I chuckle. Their first order of business every schedule should be to make sure the LA and NY teams do not play at home the same week. They failed.

Week 15 you have Buf/Dal and Phi/Sea both on Fox at 4:25. One of them should be moved to MNF but I agree the KC factor might preclude that.

Week 16 its going to be very difficult to move things from their current days/times. You start getting into messing with holiday plans if you move things around, not to mention pay schedules for stadium workers, etc. X-mas eve night game is on NFL Network so they'll just take what they get. Denver game is at 6:15 pm local time which works better than risking the Dallas/Miami game running into Christmas.

Week 17 that Miami/Ravens game needs to move but only to the 4:25 slot. Again I don't think the NFL wants to risk an east coast game spilling into the New Year. As it is I'm surprised NBC is showing football, although I think ABC & CBS are more into the special NYE broadcasts. They could move Pittsburgh/Seattle to Sunday night if those teams stay relevant. West coast 5:30 pm start works.

Week 18 Sunday nighter is down to three at the moment: Buffalo/Miami, Minnesota/Detroit, and Pittsburgh/Baltimore. Lots of great games ahead of us before that decision is made.

Read an article.

Giants and Packers are the only game they'll consider on MNF.

But, Jets are home that week.

So, the flip candidate would be Texans and Jets.

Green Bay winning this week is complicating the decision.

No flexs on Christmas weekend -- don't want to ruin plans.

TNF requires 28 days fwiw, to flex.

So, we're not looking at much for primetime this year.

You know there are Eagles fans with plane tickets leaving the morning of the 18th

and yet the millions of people watching on tv are infinitely more important to the nfl and the fans of the league
I know that part, figured you'd side with the fan anyway

NFL could do the right thing and pony up for change fees and an extra night in a hotel but they won't

Changing dates for an event a month out is pretty shitty

I know that part, figured you'd side with the fan anyway

NFL could do the right thing and pony up for change fees and an extra night in a hotel but they won't

Changing dates for an event a month out is pretty shitty

There are warnings on the tickets about date and time subject to change

flex rules are known

People are taking a known risk planning flights around events which are subject to change

There are warnings on the tickets about date and time subject to change

flex rules are known

People are taking a known risk planning flights around events which are subject to change
Do you think that really matters?

It's bullshit for those that supposedly take that risk.

I don't like it a bit. Schedule a game. Play it. moving from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night is one thing. Changing dates is fucked up.

I'd be pissed if I was a Seattle season ticket holder too. Monday night games suck for a lot of reasons.

Do you think that really matters?

It's bullshit for those that supposedly take that risk.

I don't like it a bit. Schedule a game. Play it. moving from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night is one thing. Changing dates is fucked up.

I'd be pissed if I was a Seattle season ticket holder too. Monday night games suck for a lot of reasons.
seahawks fans are happy

They love primetime home games

seahawks fans are happy

They love primetime home games
I know two that aren't and that's because I only know two people that have Seahawks season tickets

Color me shocked but a lot of people actually care more about working on Tuesday than a Monday night football game. Seattle traffic is next to LA as worst in the country. They probably won't get home til 10-11pm and kids/school. Schedule a game and play it.

Great for viewers, terrible for fans. I know you're thinking as a fan here.

Can’t they just flip a coin or do rock, paper, scissors instead?

Get me a Buffalo win-and-get-in Week 18 game at Miami flexed to that last SNF game. That’s the golden goose.
How about like a a soap party beat the fuck outta your QB like Full Metal jacket?!
NFC South is dogshit. Whole city hates Carr. I don’t think he’s popular with teammates either. Supposedly team guy with Raiders yea @guaranteeed? He said all the right things coming here…mentioned Drew, understanding the city/org.
False on all accounts

How about like a a soap party beat the fuck outta your QB like Full Metal jacket?!
NFC South is dogshit. Whole city hates Carr. I don’t think he’s popular with teammates either. Supposedly team guy with Raiders yea @guaranteeed? He said all the right things coming here…mentioned Drew, understanding the city/org.
False on all accounts
He was really popular ya,,always played hurt etc.

I'm really shocked hes been so bad, I thought last year was all McDaniels issues since he took away ability to change play at line which carr loved

hes just below average now

Jameis and playoffs happen

You guys are loaded at skill positions too

From ny post

NBC has four playoff games next month. The network’s No. 1 team, “Sunday Night Football’s” Mike Tirico and Cris Collinsworth, will handle three of them, including one that will be exclusive just to the network’s streaming service, Peacock.

When NBC has two games on the first weekend of the playoffs, its No. 1 college team, Noah Eagle and Todd Blackledge, along with sideline reporter Kathryn Tappen, will be on the call.

Back