NFL Divisional Playoff Winners - From Jakarta

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
NFL 2015-2016 Overall 112W-79L-4P +28.01 units (58.63%)

Last week was good. Oddly enough only bet I lost was the Steelers one, but I can live with that

Steelers +6.5 (-105) to win 1 unit

I imagine many people would be shocked by this pick. Despite the injuries on the team, I think the line is a bit ridiculous. Ben is hurt, but I think Ben will still be solid. The #1 WR in the game being hurt is no good, but it won't hurt as much as it would other teams. Wheaton and Martavis are just as capable, and can easily both take over that role as that dude. The running game is the least of my concerns out of anything, Troussant looked great last week. Peyton is a legendary choker, plays bad in the cold, has proven this year that he has lost the zip on his passes, and yet they are 6 point favorites? The Steelers also tore down the myth of what a great defense this was a few weeks ago. I should play the ML, but I will play it safe.

gl this weekend alex...if you get a chance, hop over to Bali. I studied abroad there, amazing place and people

Wheaton can't replace Antonio Brown. He is a massive loss if he is out.

Ben has torn ligaments in his shoulder.

Your right DeAngelo being out is no loss because the Steelers have little chance at running the ball on the Broncos...17 carries for 23 yards while Denver went for 102 on 25 in the earlier meeting.

Don't know how anyone could bet on a team down to it's 3rd string RB, potentially w/out it's best player in Brown, and a hurt QB that may not even be able to go...after he came back in vs the Bengals he only threw one pass past the LOS and that one sailed (where Brown got cheap shotted by Burfict).

Wheaton can't replace Antonio Brown. He is a massive loss if he is out.

Ben has torn ligaments in his shoulder.

Your right DeAngelo being out is no loss because the Steelers have little chance at running the ball on the Broncos...17 carries for 23 yards while Denver went for 102 on 25 in the earlier meeting.

Don't know how anyone could bet on a team down to it's 3rd string RB, potentially w/out it's best player in Brown, and a hurt QB that may not even be able to go...after he came back in vs the Bengals he only threw one pass past the LOS and that one sailed (where Brown got cheap shotted by Burfict).

The only concern that I have about this game is Ben.

AB not a massive loss

Deangelo Williams not a massive loss, they don't give a shit about running the ball anyway.

Ben said he had torn ligaments on a radio show, Tomlin said he had no comment and the team did not confirm any of his injury claims. This wouldn't be the first time he over exaggerated his injuries. They only said he was day to day. He will clearly play and so will AB probably.

Hope you put a bundle on the Broncos -13.5 or whatever if you are so confident.

Watched the Tomlin show last night and he said Ben had no structural damage or they would not have put him back in the game. He said it is purely a pain management issue. If that is true, they will be able to dull the pain enough for him to sling it.

I would think Ben will be fine on the dink and dunk throws but his accuracy could be an issue on the deeper throws, much the way he hung Brown out to dry on that last drive.

I'm still expecting Brown to play, but the line has ticked up to +7 which tells me some are doubting his availability.

I'll remind everyone about what I wrote after the first meeting, that the Steelers 4 Td drives were all with superb field position (better than their 40 yard line). They had 8 drives that started inside their 40 and only mustered 6 points.

Key to the game aside from health is how well Manning takes care of the ball. If they keep from giving away short fields it won't take more than 24 to win this.

Watched the Tomlin show last night and he said Ben had no structural damage or they would not have put him back in the game. He said it is purely a pain management issue. If that is true, they will be able to dull the pain enough for him to sling it.

I would think Ben will be fine on the dink and dunk throws but his accuracy could be an issue on the deeper throws, much the way he hung Brown out to dry on that last drive.

I'm still expecting Brown to play, but the line has ticked up to +7 which tells me some are doubting his availability.

I'll remind everyone about what I wrote after the first meeting, that the Steelers 4 Td drives were all with superb field position (better than their 40 yard line). They had 8 drives that started inside their 40 and only mustered 6 points.

Key to the game aside from health is how well Manning takes care of the ball. If they keep from giving away short fields it won't take more than 24 to win this.

Looks like Ben, AB and Williams didn't practice today, but Steelers announced they expect him to play. Williams is almost certainly out at this point. Agree a lot of this has to do with whether or not Manning can be good, and this season and his playoff history shows he will not be good.

Chiefs +5 to win 1 unit

As hard as it is to imagine, the Patriots did not look good to end the season. Injuries are a concern for this team and the offensive line has not looked good this year at times. It's hard for me to ignore that Kansas City has won 11 in a row. I think they have a good chance in winning, but it's tough to beat Tom in Foxborough. Expect this to be a close game.

Packers +7 (-115) to win 1 unit

I backed the Packers last week, and I will do it again, though I do not expect them to win. Playing a team twice in a season is tough, as shown by divisional games where even terrible teams can keep it tight against good teams. Packers played decent defense last week, but they will have to play better this week. This comes down to Aaron Rodgers for me, and I expect him and his experience to have a good performance. Cardinals win by a tight margin.

Carolina -2.5 (-120) to win 1 unit

The Shawks were luckier to win then the Steelers last week. They have shown a lot of weaknesses this year, while Cam has willed his team to victories all year long. A lot of people are doubting the Panthers right now, but I think the injury concerns for the Seahawks slow them down and the Panthers win.

You can't take any coaches word on injuries once the postseason starts. I remember people on this site saying Richard Sherman would be fine in the Super Bowl and he was far from it, and the public sure as hell wasn't told that Kam Chancellor tore his MCL the week before the Super Bowl.

I don't know how anyone can say Antonio Brown missing this game (if he actually does) isn't a massive loss. Without him on the field The Steelers offense won't be the same and will allow for the broncos to take away the deep threat from Martavius Bryant. Wheaton isn't in Browns league.

Williams out no big loss with Toussaint and Todman looking damn good vs the Bengals.

I don't know where you got 13.5 from, but yes I have the Broncos -6.5 and a large teaser riding on them w/ Alabama getting me halfway there.

I'm not saying Denver is a lock, but I can't possibly see how anyone on Earth can put money on the Steelers when you don't even know for certain if Rothlesberger or brown is playing.

Good Luck on the rest of your plays (GREAT SEASON MAN)...love the Panthers myself after what I saw from Seattle last week.

We did learn that Alex doesn't really think AB is the best receiver in the league (or even one of the best), and has just been having a laugh for as long as he's been saying it.

You can't take any coaches word on injuries once the postseason starts. I remember people on this site saying Richard Sherman would be fine in the Super Bowl and he was far from it, and the public sure as hell wasn't told that Kam Chancellor tore his MCL the week before the Super Bowl.

I don't know how anyone can say Antonio Brown missing this game (if he actually does) isn't a massive loss. Without him on the field The Steelers offense won't be the same and will allow for the broncos to take away the deep threat from Martavius Bryant. Wheaton isn't in Browns league.

Williams out no big loss with Toussaint and Todman looking damn good vs the Bengals.

I don't know where you got 13.5 from, but yes I have the Broncos -6.5 and a large teaser riding on them w/ Alabama getting me halfway there.

I'm not saying Denver is a lock, but I can't possibly see how anyone on Earth can put money on the Steelers when you don't even know for certain if Rothlesberger or brown is playing.

Good Luck on the rest of your plays (GREAT SEASON MAN)...love the Panthers myself after what I saw from Seattle last week.

We did learn that Alex doesn't really think AB is the best receiver in the league (or even one of the best), and has just been having a laugh for as long as he's been saying it.

I'm not saying that not having AB is not going to be a loss, it certainly is, I just don't think that it's a massive the Steelers are fucked without him type of loss. I do still think he is the best WR in the league. However, I also think that AB's stats look so good because of the system. I believe that Martavis can be one of the best WR's in the league, and I think Wheaton is really good too. A few times in the last couple of years Wheaton has stepped up when teams have shutdown AB. Off the top of my head, Sherman made it impossible to get AB the ball and Wheaton went off for over 200 yards. His stats are very comparable to what Emmanuel Sander's stats where when we had Wallace/AB combo. As far as Ben goes, I'd be willing to bet a heavy amount of money that he's going to play. I feel pretty confident that AB will play as well anyway.

I know it's a lot of "if's", but I thought I'd grab this line now before it's announced they are both playing.

gl this weekend alex...if you get a chance, hop over to Bali. I studied abroad there, amazing place and people

I'm sure you'll be stopping by Australia soon since you're in the area...

On the Steelers as well. Had them to win SB as well.
GL this week Bro
:cheers3:

Thanks guys and GL. Tito, I guess I've finally convinced someone that I am traveling the world!

Back