NFL Denver - Baltimore

• Thread starter Thread starter The Capping Genius
  • Start date Start date
T

The Capping Genius

Denver -7.5 (#2) vs Baltimore

This should be a one sided game. The biggest reason that Denver is my play is because of the addition of Welker. The first down factor should keep the Broncos in more sustained drives against a depleted defense that allowed more points last year than over the past 4 years. The loss of Denver CB Champ Bailey is noted, but that won't take me away from this play

Baltimore still has Flacco, but this time all the stars wont be lined up for them like they were last year in the upset win in Denver. The Ravens had their season high total offensive road yardage in Denver of all places and that won't happen again this year.
Manning should score often and i think Flacco will find it a whole lot different this time in Mile High. The Ravens defense should be burned out by the 3rd quarter.

Denver -7.5 (#2) vs Baltimore

This should be a one sided game. The biggest reason that Denver is my play is because of the addition of Welker. The first down factor should keep the Broncos in more sustained drives against a depleted defense that allowed more points last year than over the past 4 years. The loss of Denver CB Champ Bailey is noted, but that won't take me away from this play

Baltimore still has Flacco, but this time all the stars wont be lined up for them like they were last year in the upset win in Denver. The Ravens had their season high total road yardage in Denver of all places and that won't happen again this year.
Manning should score often and i think Flacco will find it a whole lot different this time in Mile High. The Ravens defense should be burned out by the 3rd quarter.

I don't agree, would you elaborate more - i might be missing something ...

fair enough, i see their front eight healthy and the addition of Chris Canty and Elvis at LB makes them stronger than last year in this area. I don't dismiss the leadership and ability of Lewis, but believe there is enough here to be better. Same goes for Ed reed, can't replace his leadership and smarts but do think they are pretty good back there..

Von Miller gone for Denver as well Champ....I would be equally concerned about Denver's D as Balty's

fair enough, i see their front eight healthy and the addition of Chris Canty and Elvis at LB makes them stronger than last year in this area. I don't dismiss the leadership and ability of Lewis, but believe there is enough here to be better. Same goes for Ed reed, can't replace his leadership and smarts but do think they are pretty good back there..

If Reed and Lewis were not considered better than Elvis and Canty then you are right. In my opinion they are good but not dominating as the two losses that the Birds must deal with. Regardless of how good they MAY be, the fact that Baltimore is no longer a defensive team like in the past, isn't being recognized by many. They are right now, no better than many teams defensively and i feel that to do what they did in Denver ly was a fluke. Tonight we will see what both teams have, but when it comes to who really was the better team, I have to go with a team that was transformed radically with the addition of Manning LY, and now I have one more unstoppable player named Welker . To me the opening line was low, so getting this at 7.5 is even better, imo.
Ravens average points allowed per game on the road the last four years were, 27 last year, 19, 18 and 20. In addition to a little more evidence, they also went 21. 15. 17 and 12 in those four years at home. Its not like they just had a problem in road games.
For Baltimore to resemble the team that won games defensively in the past, they must have a big improvement suddenly tonight with the changes they made.
Can Flacco put up 38 again? maybe. I do know that manning is a better risk to score than Flacco.
Gl on your choice and all season. :shake:

Von Miller gone for Denver as well Champ....I would be equally concerned about Denver's D as Balty's

Eggman that is a valid note but I think Baltimore is in for a reality check. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Ravens miss the playoffs this year.

I don't disagree with what you are saying..especially as it pertains to tonight's game.. Think the situation
Tonight is very different in favor of broncos.
I think as a whole the ravens defense looks pretty good on defense..

Appreciate a good discussion.. Bol tonight

Eggman that is a valid note but I think Baltimore is in for a reality check. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Ravens miss the playoffs this year.

I agree on the Ravens this year, not high on them but this is a big game and I think Ravens can keep it inside 7 or win.....

You have playoff revenge. You have the superbowl hangover. You have the superbowl champs having to go on the road for the opener for the first time since this has started all because the orioles wouldnt accomadate... then you have the flacco billboard on denver's building for some added motivation... then you have all the new personnel for balty... good guys but its gonna take time to gel imo... no bailey could be good since they torched him last year with torrey smith... should be a comfortable win for denver

I agree on the Ravens this year, not high on them but this is a big game and I think Ravens can keep it inside 7 or win.....

Hope you don't have 'egg on your face if they don't. J/K. Good luck to you.

GL and the rest of the season.
Thanks and sty

Enjoy your thread...best of luck this season.

Thanks for your work
Appreciate the comment.

Completely agree. Team was a huge fluke last year. They had no business winning 10 games in 2012.

Well they did play 6 games against weaker teams in the division. GL tonight

You have playoff revenge. You have the superbowl hangover. You have the superbowl champs having to go on the road for the opener for the first time since this has started all because the orioles wouldnt accomadate... then you have the flacco billboard on denver's building for some added motivation... then you have all the new personnel for balty... good guys but its gonna take time to gel imo... no bailey could be good since they torched him last year with torrey smith... should be a comfortable win for denver
The billboard is enough in itself.

GL t-nite

It's official. giving up 49 points validates the play against Balt.
Next time Ravens play against a better defense than Denver, they won't cover then either

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't take it that far. It was purely situational. The ravens defense will improve with time.

the altitude played a significant factor IMO. Especially in the 2h

I got smoke in fantasy as the person I played had Manning and Thomas! And they combine for 73 points....nothing anyone can do when Manning is on!

But as much scrutiny and criticism Peyton Manning receives year in year out, watching his post game interview, he's an outstanding role model. Not to suck his dick, but this guy answered every question from each reporter.... granted he was in a good mood I supposed! But the fact he broke down every scenario of each play they asked, he has ONLY 1 ring???? Holy shit, he's football IQ is though the roof! This guy can walk in an coach an SEC team to be competitive!

Back