• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

NFL CONF CHAMP

*Ginger*

Pretty much a regular
Kansas City Chiefs @ Baltimore Ravens

This line opened Baltimore Ravens -3.5 and currently sits at -3.5/-4. Utilizing (GPF) Generic Points Favored (what you would expect a team to be favored by against a league average opponent at a neutral site) based on the market, the line would be Baltimore (+6.5) minus Kansas City (+4.8) equals a point spread of Baltimore -1.7 which would put the assumed market line at Baltimore -1.5/-2.

Comparing that to the Baltimore -3.5/-4 current line we have about a 2 point differential. GPF market line minus current book line. Again, that's considering the game played on a neutral site and no points added for home field.

(HFA) Home Field Advantage used to be considered 2.5/3 points for NFL games but I believe it's now, based on my research, closer to 1.5 points depending on the teams playing and the venue. If we hypothetically add 1.5 points for HFA to our GPF market line we would have a pointspread of Baltimore -3.2, or -3/-3.5 which is exactly where the line opened.

The book line appears to be very tight and right on where the number should be. If a bet was made today I'd be ON Baltimore Ravens -3.5 small. Reason is, I side with the book rather than the GPF market line.

I'll be posting the same info for the Detroit Lions @ San Francisco 49ers game momentarily.

Last edited:
Using same criteria above the numbers would dictate.....

San Francisco 49ers (GPF) +8.9 minus Detroit Lions (GPF) +2.2 plus (HFA) 1.5 would give us a market line of San Francisco -8.2. If we compare that to the current line of -7 i would be ON Detroit Lions +7, -110. Again, I side with the book line as compared to the GPF Market line.

In a nutshell.....

Baltimore Ravens -3.5, -110
Detroit Lions +7, -110

.....If your line is Baltimore -4 or more it makes the play stronger. If your line is Detroit Lions +7.5 or more it makes the play stronger.

Good luck this week.

Back