NFC Divisional Round: Giants vs. Eagles Discussion Thread

From a matchup standpoint, I would rather have seen Gmen face SF to see if that defensive front could rattle Purdy. This will be tough sledding for NY.

I wanted to fade the Giants and Vikings. I made the case this past week that the Giants were statistically better in just about every way.

This week, I don’t see a stat, position group, anything that points to a Giants advantage.

Philly teased and straight for me at 7.

I think the only way the Giants can keep it close is to run & try to keep Philly off the field. Barring a massive Philly collapse I just don't see it. Props to Daboll on a great season & giving Hodgins a roster spot because NOBODY saw that coming. Bills fans are sick about it haha.

Eagles tt o27.5 might be good by the third.

I started hinting at this last week and I dd take a little bet on Gmen to lose in the nfc championship game. Don’t get me wrong, if Philly plays like they did pre hurts injury they clearly the better team and win this game, I think it be closer than the ass beating cause I think Jones and the offense have steadily gotten better but I have no doubt Philly wins IF they that team, thing is we havnt seen any evidence of them being that team in a month, it could be Hurts is now much healthier, reports out of epractice seem to line up w that but will Philly be willing to run him as much and if he takes a hit on that shoulder there a real good chance of re-injury. Giants ain’t no pushovers, I really like the Hodgins kid at wr, goes really well w what slayton does well, barkley can take it to house From anywhere, Jones a true duel threat and just like Daboll fixed Josh Allen turnovers he seems to have done the same with Allen, I believe Gmen will be able to score a decent number, mid-low 20s minimum. The Philly offense way tougher to come up w a number since we just don’t know how hurts shoulder will react after getting hit. I’m just saying giants winning this game not that crazy and I’ve have said no chance a month ago. I’m totally down w taking the +7.5 and I’ll prob sprinkle ml just in cause Philly can’t regain their form, it been a month since they looked like the best team, I’ll pay to see them cover 7.5 vs a great coach and a qb who I think being a bit undervalued.

Giants appear to be a 2-1 public dog? That is what I see. Yet, line has not moved from 7.5. Telling?

That surprises me, I wouldn’t have thought a team most ppl were calling frauds last week are jumping on board just cause they looked good vs a Vikings team most understood had a god awful d. I dunno, I know Gmen kinda lacking but just get that feeling bout them, lets face it, the times they won SB’s I didn’t think those teams were all that great either! I do think Daboll has done a incredible job w Jones who I think he turned into a legit franchise qb. Been saying for weeks how much I like that Hodgins kid they pulled off scrap heap, he can play. Of course I took giants the week Philly blasted them too, lol. If I thought it was that same Philly team I wouldn’t touch nyg, I just dunno if they can suddenly get back to being that team after not resembling it for a month? I dunno what happens when hurts takes a shot on that shoulder? Honestly the spread might be pointless here, if Philly regains form they prob win by dd, if they not that team anymore and Gmen are improving they could steal this game I think.

Maybe a sanders rushing yards over prop should be considered, he gashed nyg in 1st meeting and maybe he gets a few more Carries trying to protect hurts? I know the run game wont be a afterthought like it was for minny. I don’t think I can get away from another low number on Hodgins rec yards, that a must play for me.

That surprises me, I wouldn’t have thought a team most ppl were calling frauds last week are jumping on board just cause they looked good vs a Vikings team most understood had a god awful d. I dunno, I know Gmen kinda lacking but just get that feeling bout them, lets face it, the times they won SB’s I didn’t think those teams were all that great either! I do think Daboll has done a incredible job w Jones who I think he turned into a legit franchise qb. Been saying for weeks how much I like that Hodgins kid they pulled off scrap heap, he can play. Of course I took giants the week Philly blasted them too, lol. If I thought it was that same Philly team I wouldn’t touch nyg, I just dunno if they can suddenly get back to being that team after not resembling it for a month? I dunno what happens when hurts takes a shot on that shoulder? Honestly the spread might be pointless here, if Philly regains form they prob win by dd, if they not that team anymore and Gmen are improving they could steal this game I think.

Maybe a sanders rushing yards over prop should be considered, he gashed nyg in 1st meeting and maybe he gets a few more Carries trying to protect hurts? I know the run game wont be an afterthought like it was for minny. I don’t think I can get away from another low number on Hodgins rec yards, that a must play for me.
I love Philly here, and the fact that they are SUCH a huge public dog, yet tge line remain at 7+ tells me everything I need. Eagles by 10+

Giants a popular team and in a very public dog spot. Eagles seem to be very sharp.

I plan on sort of hedging my 9ers futures by backing the eagles here as the giants won’t win next round.

Back