NFC Divisional Playoff Discussion: Seahawks at Packers

Seattle will be the public side again and should win again. They have the better QB by far whose record as a dog is absurd.

They are such an interesting team in that they are nowhere near as good as the general public thinks and nowhere near as bad as the numbers guys/pseudosharps think. They actually have players on defense and now that they are healthy I don't think they are the sieve they are perceived to be. They also face a horrible run defense here so Pete and Schott's line plunging may work here by accident.

Seattle does not match up well with the Pack now that they're short in the run game. Meanwhile Hawks D is 26th in DVOA vs run. Aaron Jones should have a big day as long as he can stay on the field. Seahawks have been known to take liberties in their tackling, between the hit on Wentz and the broken leg they applied to Allen Hurns in the playoffs last year.

Seattle finds new ways to not impress me but still win. Gimme Green Bay to finally end them please.

Seattle does not match up well with the Pack now that they're short in the run game. Meanwhile Hawks D is 26th in DVOA vs run. Aaron Jones should have a big day as long as he can stay on the field. Seahawks have been known to take liberties in their tackling, between the hit on Wentz and the broken leg they applied to Allen Hurns in the playoffs last year.
Yeah, in my initial thoughts this is a Aaron Jones game. Now, will they use him sufficiently?

Yeah, in my initial thoughts this is a Aaron Jones game. Now, will they use him sufficiently?
Good question. As a full season Free Aaron Jones owner this has been a pet peeve of mine all year. His usage has been directly related to the health of Jamaal Williams, and its been documented in numerous circles that the offense is MUCH more productive when Jones is on the field. I have no idea if Lafleur is savvy enough to realize this or if Rodgers is willing to share the spotlight when its shining brightest.

Green Bay the worst bye team in recent memory, no reason this should be higher than 3. Got the best quarterback left in the NFC as a 4 point dog against a team that got outgained per play this season.

Green Bay the worst bye team in recent memory, no reason this should be higher than 3. Got the best quarterback left in the NFC as a 4 point dog against a team that got outgained per play this season.

Seattle right there with packers having stats of a team you would expect to be more like 8-8 or 9-7.

I think if one likes the packers 1st half would make way more sense than full game, actually might be a perfect Storm for pack 1st half then Seattle at halftime., packers been great early on script and have mostly jumped out then hung on for dear life at the end. Seattle quite the opposite, early on shotty calls his garbage 3 yards and cloud of dust offense not handing it over to Russ until they down in second half and have no choice.,

As mentioned You would think packers defense would actually be Taylor made for shotty crappy play calls to actually work but without any legit backs I have my doubts.

Packers played a cupcake schedule and are borderline poo...........but Hawks IR/Injury/Suspension list is just too much to overcome.....goddamn I would love the Hawks in this spot if they were healthy......fukkin sucks

Packers played a cupcake schedule and are borderline poo...........but Hawks IR/Injury/Suspension list is just too much to overcome.....goddamn I would love the Hawks in this spot if they were healthy......fukkin sucks

I’d imagine line would be much different if not for all hawks cluster injuries this last month.,

Far as SOS I just don’t put nearly as much importance to it in nfl. Some sure, but I don’t weigh it into a teams stats like you obviously have to with ncaa.

I was ready to ride with hawks on the road all way to super bowl before all their running backs went down. Strangely enough They been better away from home all year. This be a perfect matchup for them if their running backs wernt on IR.

I wonder if lefluer will ever get the hang of in game adjustments? It’s pretty obvious to me he good at watching film and scripting plays that work against what he expects to see from opposing defenses. Problem is once teams adjust to him he doesn’t seem to have a counterpunch.

This is his 1st year after all so you gotta assume he would improve in this area right?? Not expecting it to happen overnight/for this game. More a “in general” question for the future.. could be something he never masters.

Seattle finds new ways to not impress me but still win. Gimme Green Bay to finally end them please.

Could say the same thing about GB; unbelievable they got to 13-3. Only advantages for GB are at RB and perhaps the defensive backfield. Wagner is the best player on the field on defense and the same for Wilson on offense. GB HFA somewhat compromised by what should be decent (cold) weather. Go Seahawks!

Could say the same thing about GB; unbelievable they got to 13-3. Only advantages for GB are at RB and perhaps the defensive backfield. Wagner is the best player on the field on defense and the same for Wilson on offense. GB HFA somewhat compromised by what should be decent (cold) weather. Go Seahawks!
Yikes. Just a whole lot of false statements here

Yikes! Bunch of BS here.
Packers offensive line is grading out top ten in both run and pass blocking. Conversely Seattle is a bottom ten pass blocking unit with Brown, Iupati and Fant all questionable.
Packers pass rush is top 12 in adjusted sack rate while Seattle is bottom 3. So where is the BS you claim, nerd?

Packers offensive line is grading out top ten in both run and pass blocking. Conversely Seattle is a bottom ten pass blocking unit with Brown, Iupati and Fant all questionable.
Packers pass rush is top 12 in adjusted sack rate while Seattle is bottom 3. So where is the BS you claim, nerd?

Ahh...name calling due to disagreement. You seem like a real joyful, mature person. Seattle has better ypc numbers both on offense and defense. Packers line better in protection and rushing the passer...which will hopefully be mitigated by Wilson as needed. Hardly a big edge. Go ahead and lay the 4. I already took the 4'...

Ahh...name calling due to disagreement. You seem like a real joyful, mature person. Seattle has better ypc numbers both on offense and defense. Packers line better in protection and rushing the passer...which will hopefully be mitigated by Wilson as needed. Hardly a big edge. Go ahead and lay the 4. I already took the 4'...
Just playing man...didn’t think “nerd” would ruffle your feathers so easily. Anyways, using ypc seems silly considering those numbers were mostly with a healthy Carson and Penny. I concede that the GB rush defense hasn’t been good, just not sure the matchup with a banged up line/backup rbs will really expose it. Plus Seattle has given up 100 rush yards in five straight weeks and Aaron Jones has ranked as a top 5 rb by most metrics. Good luck with your wager

It's ok, tough to say what sets us off or ruffles our feathers at times. For me, it's mopstly a fade of the GB offense as they've barely manged 5.0 ypp in any of their L3 games. I agree that Seattle is no real prize but their penchant for playing in close games (and winning) has me taking the points with the QB that is playing at a higher level at the moment. Doesn't mean Rogers won't step in a shred this defense if he is allowed to just sit in the pocket and pick and choose. BOL to whatever you play as well.

Sounds like they forecasting a decent amount of snow. Dunno who that favors really?? I agree the same argument could be made for both teams numbers not really lining up with their records. Think the rb injuries really kill Seattle here as this be a game their run game could really control. I don’t think lynch that guy tho. Packers passing d is much better than Seattle’s imo. Seattle run d is better tho and pack offense needs Jones to have good games. I’m perfectly happy with packers 1st half and full game under, if that works out and pack ahead at halftime very good chance I take Seattle in 2nd half.

I'm really not seeing much precipitation or wind on Sunday, 2daBank. Nevertheless, I lean under as well. BOL.

I'm really not seeing much precipitation or wind on Sunday, 2daBank. Nevertheless, I lean under as well. BOL.

Must be Saturday like bar said. I just heard they were lookinv for volunteers to shovel so naturally I assumed must be some snow coming. lol., yea under had nothing to do with weather, 1st bet I made at beginning of week cause I really didn’t think that 47 would hold up.,

If you like packers I really can’t see a reason why 1st half wouldn’t be a great bet? Most the year packers mo been strong early then hang on for dear life at the end. I’m not sure who wins but I do like packers 1st half a great deal.

let the record show that I was the first to update this thread with the weather.... :bluehead:

also yeah GB will be getting 6+ inches, but it will be finishing Saturday overnight/early Sunday morning. Packers are hiring 700 to get the stands cleared that morning at 6am. (Locals volunteer to shovel them out, and get $12/hour to do it)

What the hell they do with all that snow. I was just sitting here talking bout it with my old lady think where the hell they go with it? That quite a freaking job!!

they have big plastic (fiberglass? I dunno) snow slides that go down the stairs, so people shovel the snow onto the slide, which shoots it down onto the field. then they use front loaders and heavy machinery to remove the piles on the field to... somewhere outside the stadium

Total starting to drop, glad I grabbed early. I dunno why the hell this opened higher than niners game?

If you like packers I really can’t see a reason why 1st half wouldn’t be a great bet? Most the year packers mo been strong early then hang on for dear life at the end. I’m not sure who wins but I do like packers 1st half a great deal.

Well at least I had that right. Made up a little of my ravens teaser losses. lol

Back