NEWSLETTERS NCAA BOWLS/NFL WEEK 15

Mark's Moneymakers

Pretty much a regular
ELRjlEdWoAADADG

When the sponsorship name started taking over we resisted at first. No damn it, it's the Copper Bowl! - not whatever Insight Bowl or whatever they were calling it. Now so many bowls are only known by the sponsor name.

First, thanks for all the help you and all the friends on this site gave this season. Merry Christmas to all.
Would Gold sheet be available??

from the VSIN guide - that is very interesting

Using only the
2021 bowl season as evidence, oddsmakers
essentially paved the road for bettors, as
those that followed the action in the 22 games
that saw 3-point or bigger line moves went
17-5 ATS.

In bowl games between 1992-2021 that had closing lines more than four
points off of their opening line, the team that the line moved towards is 31-
17-1 ATS (64.6%).

Last edited:
likely overmatched team whose QB has
decided to transfer.

From the VSIN guide on NMSU. I see no indication that New Mexico State QB Diego Pavia has decided to transfer. He even tweeted "see you in Detroit"

some good reading in the VSIN guide on coaches. Some of what they say about first time bowl coaches maybe deserves a grain of salt since they are including interim coaches for the bowl rather than full time coaches in their first bowl - or when comparing experience. Think they should've broke it down further, but it is still insightful. One note, ULL coach Michael Desormeaux is listed as having coached zero bowls. He coached them last year vs Marshall after Napier left for Fl

what do you guys think about the regional aspect of bowl games? VSIN guide is making a case that teams playing in a regional proximity to their school gives them the sense of homefield advantage. In these identified games, teams are 10-9 ATS the last 3 years, but 37-29 the last 66 such games.

I have often cherry picked it the other way, teams that don't travel for the bowl, don't go to a different town or area, someplace they haven't been before, especially if the team had a disappointing season and finds themselves in their home stadium or region for a bowl game, to me is a negative. There is no bowl experience or less of one when you stay closer to home. The sense of being somewhere new and all that comes with it is gone which is a big part of the whole bowl week activity schedule. Examples being - Tennessee playing in Nashville last year, lost as TD fav. Miss State last year returning to the Liberty Bowl in Memphis where they had just played a regular season game, lost as big fav. Auburn played Houston last year in their home state of Alabama, lost. North Carolina teams playing in Charlotte's Duke Mayo bowl have lost their last 2 (0-2 ATS also) and 3 of the last 4 (0-3-1 ATS).

It just depends. I did ML Idaho several years ago when they played on the blue as I thought it would be a rare chance for them to go there and actually win a game in that stadium so they might be excited to do so, they did. MWC teams usually do well in that game vs their opponents. Some of the Michigan MAC schools have done well in the Motor City Bowl.

So I think this can cut both ways, and would think that regional aspects of the bowl location to the school could be considered a positive in some cases, and a negative in other cases and not any kind of 'rule' or guideline I would use for selecting teams without consideration.

Power Sweep is 2-0 so far ... MiaO+ and UTSA/Troy Under

Musburger is 1-3
Steve Makinen is 2-2
they had both overs

Goldsheet had the exact score of the MiaO-UAB game

Last edited:
Back