New Years Eve

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
As you guys have figured out I have been sharing my Bowl thoughts with ETG , Sammy Meatballs and Tee*Dub. With a few games will try to keep my thoughts here if anyone is interested. Try my best to not let outside opinions influence my thoughts so here we go. What I am looking is teams talent and competition played , motivation , situation and value in terms of the line.

12:30 - Air Force vs Cal in Fort Worth :

Two teams who finished in opposite directions. Cal fell apart with the loss to Oregon State at home which the Beavers proved to be a very solid team. That game Longshore missed and Forsett and Jackson also battled injuries afterward. The time off has helped them get healthy. Anyway they followed that up with a loss @ UCLA where a 1pt lead to end the 3rd turned into a 9pt loss. Now they have blown back to back games and travel to see ASU . Where they lead at half but get shutout 17-0 in the 2nd . Another odd ending. Then at home vs Wash St they were unimpressive but did handle Wash State fairly easily despite the final score. Cal was moving the ball but just seemed flat that day. Then hosting USC as 4 pt dogs they lost on a 4th quarter TD 24-17. Is that bad? They lost close games to 4 Bowl teams USC , ASU , UCLA and Oregon State. The last 2 losses there are no excuses for I imagine it was a team that was just defeated and could not put any momentum together. Also Jackson missed most of the final 2 road games. Earlier they won @ Oregon and had defeated Tenny .

These teams had CSU in common. As -14 pt favs Cal led 34-14 with 6 to play but allowed 2 late TDs that made the final seem closer then the game. Where as Air Force was 3 pt dogs @ CSU later in the year. However they did manage to beat the crap out of CSU that day.

In some odd twist the AF seniors 1st game was a drubbing by Cal 56-14 on 9-14-04. Can they complete there careers with a reversal of fortune? One will ask what is CAL's motivation here? I think this is a fresh start for a team with high expectations and almost the #1 ranking at some point. The Bears didnt really miss out on a Bowl in the sense there unraveling started midseason so they didnt have a big BOWL on there mind. In fact one of there players was wise to say they were lucky to even be in a bowl when other teams are still home. They have the motivation of not finishing with a losing record.

As for AF win or Lose there season will be rated a success. However looking at the teams they played and the schedule is there any suprise at there record? What would the SOS be of there home schedule? South Carolina State , TCU , UNLV , Wyoming , Army and SDState. I wont bother checking but I doubt there were 4 road wins from that bunch minus TCU. They got sort of luck vc TCU trailing by 2 TDS late managed to tie it in the 4th and win in OT. A fluke win where no one thought AF stood a chance. Then on the road someone will say they beat Utah. If youlook closer Utah lost there QB in the opener and this was Tommy Gradys game a tremendous droppf. Pluss Darrell Mack was still not the featured back and had 7 carries. Then they lose @ BYU . Okay who doesnt lose there but there were never in the game losing 31-6. Then @ Navy they didnt play that poorly but still lost by 10. Navy is a decent team with no defense . Then they lost a close game @ New Mexico which is a tough place to play. However NM didnt exactly have a great year . Close loss by 3 to a decent team. Is the win @ ND there marquee win? It may be. ND played sloppy as hell and won a week after Navy did on the Irish home field. They took that win and came home to blast a terrible SDST team.

We can slice it every way we want. Cal was almost #1 in the nation this year and they were not some fake ass #2 team they were legit. AF does not have the talent level of a Pac -10 powerhouse and thats not to say they cant beat them. However they also dont have the benefit of being a huge underdog here and having that mentality. What has really changed in these prgrams to make this meeting any different then the AF seniors first?

I think CAL comes to play here and with a history of playing well in bowls but not as big chalk I believe. Think Forsett in his last game near home will be motivated.

Cal had a players-only meeting after the regular season to address the issue of vocal leadership, but that's not something you can fake. Either you have it or you don't.

"I don't think we've had enough trust out there on the field," linebacker Zack Follett told the Contra Costa Times. "We all needed to talk amongst each other. [The meeting] was just setting leadership roles up for some of the guys who want to take it. Everyone took it in stride. Now we just go from here."

If you dont care why call a players only meeting after the season is over?

"We've got to go back and look at a lot of things," Tedford said. "There's injuries, there's schedule, things like that. We had a chance to be in every game and had an opportunity to win every game we played. And that's probably the most frustrating thing."
Under Tedford, the Bears have won three of their last four bowls, including a 45-10 win over Texas A&M last year in the Holiday Bowl. They also won 35-28 over BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl in 2005.

Waiting to see how this line acts possible going CAL ML or laying -4 clearly hoping for -3 in some fashion. Interested in if the AF fans travel here and what a 43 day layoff did to AF. Last game 11-17 for them!:cheers:

Have not spent much time looking at totals this Bowl Season. If one would ask I would say I prefer the UNDER in the CAL game especially at 56 or better. While it may sem absurd anything under a TD would seem more then a fair price for me to lay. Yes, I want it all and hoping for a cheap -3. That's just the insecurity in me speaking.

2 PM's : Oregon vs USF In Tex-El Paso

Clearly the loss of Dixon destroyed the Ducks season and National Championship hopes. Being that it happened a few games before the end of the season I think it helps erase some of the pain for them and tempers expectations. Some have said they actually are playing in a better bowl then expected. However they still will be doing so with either 4th or 5th QB's both Freshman who basically have played in 1 game. The Civil War atmosphere though was a great warmup for these kids and should help them prepare. Still what can you expect from Freshman playing in there second game?? Jonathan Stewart should feel better with the rest. However USF was stout against the run allowing 3.2 YPC. There is reason to believe the Ducks offense resembles the UCLA game rather then Oregon State.

In some ways I think Bellotti is setting this up as the feel sorry for us guys . Take it easy on us . With comments about how they are struggling to field 65 players. Who knows seems like mind games to me. Now the Flu bug supposedly went around the Duck locker room. However I have no intimate knowledge of the scenario so I just might have to dismiss it.

I think Oregon has a pretty sound defense and remain unimpressed by USF offense simply cause there ground game is very average. Grothe is there offense and we all know that. However look at the better teams they played...@ Auburn , WVU , @ UConn all low scoring. Telling me they will struggle vs good defenses. It did see some dropoff on the road though. Even the Cincy final very misleading as alot of non offensive TDs were scored. Now turnovers can FUCK any total and that could be an issue.

With USF play there were excellent on ther home field. Defeating vaunted WVU and smoking bowl team and USA Champ UCF. On the road there play was noticeably weaker BUT they faced many tough tasks @ Auburn , @ FAU , @ Rutgers , @ UConn , and even late vs a resurgent Pitt squad. Only easy game was @ Syracuse. They played a tough schedule.

Clearly USF has an advantage but because of there offense I am reluctant to lay 6 points for some reason. I do see them winning but wonder if Oregon sneaks up on people here. So maybe get USF on the ML or tease it or ML parlay it....generally though my feeling is if you are reluctant tolay the points you should be reluctant to make a ML play.....

UNDER 52 though I wil play...

2PM - Fresno State vs GaTech on the Blue Turf

It will be cold the boyz from ATL will be in for a shock. Snow? GaTech though has played @ the Blue Turf a few years back.

With that in mind you have a complete mismatch on paper. You have a GaTech offense which loves to run the ball facing a Bulldog squad which allowed 183 yds per game. Also the Bulldog secondary had just 3 INTs. On the flip side GaTech has one of the better RUN defenses in the nation facing a Bulldog team built on the run.

GT has hired Paul Johnson away from Navy. The Def Coordinator Jon Tenuta will led the team here. First thought that comes to mind when I think about the situation is running the ball and playing defense being the cornerstones. Best player on the field should be Tashard Choice and this is his last game. Not to mention Tenuta's 1st game as Head Coach and is this an audition?

The reason why Gailey was fired was another season of missed expectations. We look at there schedule and not much favorable sticks out. They were beaten by VaTech , Georgia and BC at home and lost @ Maryland and @ UVA. They had nice wins @ Miami before they completely fell to pieces and home vs Clemson .

The games that stick out for Fresno is the comeback they mounted @ A&M which ended in a tough loss in OT and the fact theyhosted Kansas State and won. With Kan State is was sort of after they had peaked and stumbled to the finish line. The rest of the schedule didnt show much. They lost @ Hawaii and vs Boise at home . They played @ Oregon and were blownout. The rest were very medicore performances vs WAC teams. Again Fresno seems like a team who win or lose there season was a success. However this is basically the same team that went 4-8 last year so how much did they improve vs a favorable schedule? Now Frsno doesnt come in healthy either. I believe Ryan Matthews will not play the freshman stud RB. Clifton Smith another talented RB should play and claims to nbe 100% and Lonyae Miller is banged up but probable. Special team threat Jefferson should also be avilable here. So there strength doesnt seem so strong especially with some issues on the OL this year.

From what I have read GT suffered some bad luck vs Georgia and the final was not representitive of how they played. Bennett has struggled all year but with Gailey gone this is a fresh start for a day.

As I said expect GT to pound the ball here. Then they will make an improved Brandsetter beat them but can he?

Playing GaTech here guess @ -5.5 . More comfortable with this spread then laying it with USF cause I dont foresee much offense from Fresno. have to lean UNDER as well....

:cheers:If I missed something or left something out let me know.

longshores bum ankle and inability to throw like anything other than a 12 year old girl was the biggest reason for the mid season struggle.

he literally gave the games vs. asu and ucla away.

once they lost to sc, it was obvious they had given up on the season when the very next week getting they hit rock bottom and gotblown the fuck out by a bad washington team playing without Locker (im sure Cal fan would argue losing to stanford was rock bottom, which i can't really argue with. I didnt see the game tho, I saw the udub game, and that shit was straight pathetic.

Another interesting angle, which was brought up regarding Texas, and applies to Cal, was about teams coming off a loss in their season finale will be that much more amped to get at it in their bowl game. Your quotes, along with this angle, makes me think I don't need to be afraid that Cal will lay an egg and fail to show up.

Altho, Desean Jackson being in Tedford's doghouse is something to be concerned about. Its going to to quite irritating watching Cal play with their best player on the sideline.

Sportnut I agree with CAL showing up, in years past Service teams were getting +10 to +15 points when they pulled the upsets off. There was no motivation to play a service team and it showed as they lost straight up. I tend to think this game could be like the Wake Forest game, where they are the better team and it showed in the 2nd half vs UCONN. Cal can win this game with speed, and power on offence, especially if JACKSON plays no one can cover him on AIRFORCE. If you can get a -3 I think it is worth the play also. Cal was out of it early this game if for next year, and they will ressurect it by winning now. THey are good under TEDFORD in bowls, so that is a good sign. I still am a little weary of taking CAL, not because they may not show up, but because their offence has been bad all year, but maybe they are healthy now, LONGSHORE was very bad, but if FORSETT can run through AIr FORCE, they should be okay. I see a close game with CAL pulling away much like Wake did vs UCONN.

Quite simply I checked and saw GAME OF YEARS on SOUTH FLORIDA.WOW what can i say it has all the warning signs that we know and that is why it is a game of the year.

It is a -6 in a bowl game, neutral site, with a team South Florida
South Florida struggled vs any good defence they played all QB play
Oregon has a good running game and a very solid Defense
South Florida is a low scoring game which makes me believe somehow this may likely be a South Florida win with no COver, they will have the ball late and will sit on it, and kneel it down late in Oregon territory
Again why is this a lock or game of the year, because it seems OREGON has no QB, but they do have a great D, with a stud running back to keep them in this game, and South Florida is not explosive

I tend to agree with your Under but not sure I hate playing unders in bowl games, but watched OREGON play and nailed their under vs UCLA with the backup QB's. They scored like 10 points in the 2nd half. I can see this game like 6-3 at half for sure, no more than 14 points in first half, in fact i see this hitting way under 52. Oregon will run and kill clock and Oregon will sack GROTHE and not give up big plays.

No opinion on GTECH, all I know is if I take a team favored they better have a dominant D and a decent Offence to get me involved.

I may jump on CAL and then on that under, i can see it hitting for sure

Great to see you back Sportsnut!!!

Hope you don't mind me putting in my two cents. I see the Cal/AF game similar to Tex/ASU and Bama/Col games. You have a matchup of overachiever vs. underachiever. Both games so far have been won and covered by underachiever, really in easy fashion even though the final last nite doesn't reflect the easy win. I see this game more of the same. Cal eaay!!

Sportsnut,

With GT-FSU, yes you are right that Mathews RB for FSU is out and also their dangerous kick off returned Jefferson is out with an ankle injury but even if that heals, it appears he's been suspended as well so no shot of him playing - his natural position is DB but not sure if he's a regular starter - if so, even better for a GT bet.

As good of a situation as it looks for GT, I don't trust this team when I have to lay points with them on the road like I didn't trust Miami last yr in the same bowl. Thats not to say I will play Fresno, because I likely won't but they won't see a dollar of mine.

Overall some great thoughts Nut. I do lean CAL/Over. I just can't imagine if Cal is ready to play, how AF defense stays on the field with them, AF will be moving in slow motion while Cal looks like they are on fast forward. I do like the USF under, think there will be a lot of running plays in this one since I doubt Oregon wants to put the ball in the air with that RS-Frosh QB's. Stewart is looking at 28-30 carries today. I think USF wins the game but not explosive enough for me on offense as you mention.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the other games, maybe another under in the Clemson game.

hah tee, nice point, too bad Cal plays defense about the same as them, lol

Ya I hear ya, but I think those two defenses have under performed for different reasons. Hopefully Cal solves their reason today..:cheers:

Nut, I plan to make 30 posts in your thread today;)

ETG: I know Cal's defense hasnt looked that good but considering there schedule I dont think any of there opponents scored more then 31 outside of the late game @ Wash. Anyone and everyone scored on Navy. Though I see it as more a situation of AF TT Under and Cal team Over. Sure hope Jackson plays. Had thought like 34-20 type game but that cuts it close..

Tough to lay it with GaTech as chalk , agreed. However there are reasons I like to.here. I think the Boise state is very telling cause Ian Johnson missed it , it was Friday nite game and they really were only in it for a quarter maybe a half( 1 for 13 3rd down). Breaking down I simply see a tough day for the Fresno offense 14 or less type. As bad as Tharp has been he also hasnt faced very many medicore defenses like Fresno's. Just need to run the ball and make a few plays. I think 24 would be enough to cover.

So if you make the line -3 have to think you see to much GT money so moving it higher makes sense IMO. Fresno strikes me as a team just happy to be there where GT has a coach motivated by the audition and new regime watching. BOL

Thanks and Good Luck Champ, Steed , TeeDub , Ramble !!! All good points. Didnt recll who exactly Fresno had lost in the suspensions. Thanks.

Mr.Goode : Thanks. The more contributions the better. I agree with the comparisions. The dogs were coming out of nowhere type seasons where the favs had underacheived. I think while I love the motivational angle theres a key to it. With the small lines all you really need to do is win . With the bigger lines you really need to be bring your A game and thats where we see alot of the problems and the motivational issues arise. I'll take the better team everyday when the betting market seems to discount them . GL

Sammy Meatballs : We are on the same path. I am almost getting tempted to play Oregon cause I canjust see the writing on the wall with teh coaches feel bad for us type attitude. Biggest issue is while I like Grothe he is there offense and if he doesnt move the ball then they cant score. So leaning dog at +7 and played they under 52.5 . I think Oregon is highly motivated here and we see a good game. Still think USF should pull out the win but not sure I even involve them in anything.

GL

SportJunky- Always good to hear my thoughts confirmed by someone in the know. Had a feeling after the USC game Cal had sort of packed it in mentally and emotionally. Fresh start here for sure...GL

Okay so far :

Cal -4
Under 52.5 Oregon

Tad more on the Bears waiting to see where I can get GT . :cheers:

With you on Cal, fading you on Ga Tech...nice writeups as usual.

Happy New Year SportsNut.

:cheers:

The plays so far have been :

Cal -4 -120
Under 52.5 Oregon
GaTech (still not in)
Under 54 GaTech

Thought about UNDER 25.5 Air Force Team and passed , Oregon +7 is interesting but feel USF sneaks out the win .

4PM : FSU vs Kentucky - Motor City Bowl in Nashville

Is FSU a wounded dog? Another coach asking for compassion for his situation only to sneak up on his opponent? I would guess that FSU is highly motivated here and in the great nothing to lose spot. The players can play w/o presure especially Weatherford cause maybe FSU has no expectations. FSU losses seem to be must at OT and on the DL. Not the greatest spots to be losing players. I would be lying if I said I knew what the FSU team would look like come

Kentucky who had bigger aspirations is playing in the same bowl as last year but has a nice home field edge .

Really what I see from Kentucky is a talented team that is solid but not elite on either side of the ball. They had 2 nice wins early at home vs Louisville and then @ Arkansas but both programs underacheived this year. So looking back there nice wins but not all that impressive. They pulled both out late in the 4th quarter. They were NOT favored against any solid teams except Tenny which they choked against. Which is telling they competed with the Fla and LSU and all the good teams SEC has but they didnt really beat any teams. They played well but LOST vs Tenny , they won again on a 4th Q TD @ Vandy , Lost @ South Carolina , lost to Georgia.

Another game where I dont know how to weigh the absences but I can't see even with the suspensions reasoning for laying 7 pts or better. If the line were still +10 I would probably take the wounded dog FSU. Simply put Kentucky performance hinges on Woodson which is not such a bad thing. However it has all season and they have been unspectular IMO. Also FSU will they didnt play well they only played poorly @ FSU. The VaTech game just fell apart late and they did win @ BC.

Seriously who knows what to expect. Hard to imagine Kentucky losing but stranger things have happened. If it wasnt for a hoem crowd atmosphere I would doubt the Wildcat motivation. If you dont know what to expect how can you make an assumption? No lean on the total but if defense is where FSU is lacking then there should be points scored. Seems logical.

Lean: FSU +10 or better otherwise PASS

Thoughts? :cheers:

FSU is down to 7, not going to see any 10's out there unless you have a local book that uses USAToday sportspage lines..lol.

Just played GT myself.

Thanks JRose . Happy new year and Good Luck.

Bar : Happy New year myy friend . Thank You and GL as always.

Joe Public: We can have some fun with the NFL now going forward!

It looks good , sounds good but really aint worth a damn if it doesnt come to pass. So I hope the effort is rewarded with making the right reads today! That was 4 AM writing!

FSU is down to 7, not going to see any 10's out there unless you have a local book that uses USAToday sportspage lines..lol.

Just played GT myself.

I should have been more clear. I should have phrased it that I like Kentucky if we see +10 again. Which as BAR correctly points out ain't likely! Unless your bookie is drinking the NEw YEars KOOLAID early!:36_11_6:

GaTech:cheers:

Since CAL began to figure ut after falling behind 21-0 I made a play on them in the 2nd H -5 .

Took a chance that Oregon shows up today for the reasoning already mentioned.

Ducks +3 1st Half

Both minor plays

Thanks to some bonehead coaching I am fucked. At least I could have washed out of my UND 54 now I have to make a decision if I wanty to be on over 54.5 vs Und 54...

I dont know what happened to GT. They come out strong and then just went sloppy. Pena;ties extending Fresno 1st drive , then penalties when dep in Fresno territory forcing them to punt , then a penalty on a great fake punt , then the bonehead play...baffling. Fresno is running better then expected and winning that battle as well. If GT had not been so sloppy the half would be vastily different. Now I question this guy Tenuta's attititude.:cheers:

Its about 4:30 now...

Well Cal spotted AF a 21-0 lead and the switch to Riley seemed to spark(ya think!) the offense. I believe they scored every possession he played. One of the reasons why I hate to watch the games I play is you have to watch AF blow a 21-0 lead!! Thats painful to watch. Once the Golden Bear offense got going I dont think many of us were suprised how potent it was. Still though anytime you have a dog catching 4 up 3 TDS you feel good. Again another great job by the oddsmakers . Pretty much what was expected though AF competed and Cal's talent won out in the end. Didnt play out that simply but I think thats the gist of it.

Basolutely disguested about the GT-Fresno game. More for waking up and playing the UNDER and then NOT just saying FUCK it and hedging out of my UNDER 4 play with what would amount to an OVER 54.5 play. There is timeleft and GT defense shows up and / or we get OT there is still a chance..

Again I was a sucker playing the UNDER in Oregon cause it just made to much sense. Who knows maybe I get lucky and it still wins but the Stewart TD late 2nd H killed me! Wish I had some balls and played the Oregon ML in addition to taking them 1st Half. Where they NOT telling you that Oregon 2nd ws the play? USF a 6 pt fav down at half laying ONLY -2 ? Should have sacked up again!

Stayed away from Kentucky and FSU hoping that it would be respectable at half and I could make a 2nd H play on FSU. Lets see what happens...

6:00 Indiana @ Oklahoma State - Sun Devil Stadium .

I understand Indiana is on a mission after the passing of HC Hoeppner. However is it me or do these guys stink? Here's the problem with 32 bowls you have undeserving teams playing in the postseason. I love the respect they are paying there former HC but where did it actually led to better play?

Indiana managed 3 wins vs MAC teams and two of which were Home. The home opener was Indiana Satte 1 AA!!! Thats 4 of there 7 wins! They squeaked by Purdue in the last game when the Boilermakers had faltered 27-24. They also beat a terrible Minnesota team at home and managed a win @ Iowa which is nice but we know that Iowa was pretty down this year due to lack of offense. So marquee win and performance might be @ Iowa!!!!!!! Who is at home!

They lost pretty big at home to Illinois forget the late score and early season version of Illinois , they lost by 30 @ Wisconsin and 25 @ Mich State. They were able to compete @ Northwestern and at home vs Penn State but lost both.

Kellen Lewis is talented but they have no running game and dont have the benefit of a HFA.

Oklahoma State defense is pretty terrible but there offense is that explosive and should Bowman back @ WR. I think both teams are excited to be here . Ok St though has the experience edge but could the 1st bowl in 14 years further motivate Indiana?

You look at the points in there games and your like oh my ! Look at the schedule though @ Georgia , @ Troy ( pretty solid team) , @ A&M , @ Nebraska , @Baylor and @ Oklahoma. The Big 12 can score some points!! At home FAU , Texas Tech , Texas , Kansas , Kansas State ! Know they only beat Texas tech and FAU both played close games vs Txas and A&M.

I keep without even looking closely at stats feel that if OkSt can slow the Indy offense this should be a DD win. Now what effect does Ok State losing its OC have?

Have to say unless I missed something Ok State seems like the play to me....

:cheers:Ok State -5.5 or -6

Glad Cal came back! Missed betting them, was happy at first, now I'm pisssed! Also went down with GT with you, what happened there?

Going to be adding Oklahoma St as well! BOL and happy new year bro, great to see you around.

Glad Cal came back! Missed betting them, was happy at first, now I'm pisssed! Also went down with GT with you, what happened there?

Going to be adding Oklahoma St as well! BOL and happy new year bro, great to see you around.

I think it had something to do with preparation they simply had zero discipline. If you check the play by play there was a series early...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><THEAD><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH class=l colSpan=3>1st q Georgia Tech - 3:56(up 7-3) </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY class=ysptblcontent1><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, GT34</TD><TD vAlign=top>3:56 </TD><TD vAlign=top>J. Nesbitt rushed to the left for 9 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-1, GT43</TD><TD vAlign=top>3:37 </TD><TD vAlign=top>J. Nesbitt rushed to the left for 9 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, FrSt48</TD><TD vAlign=top>3:16 </TD><TD vAlign=top>J. Nesbitt rushed to the left for 2 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-8, FrSt46</TD><TD vAlign=top>2:47 </TD><TD vAlign=top>J. Nesbitt passed to D. Thomas to the right for 11 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, FrSt35</TD><TD vAlign=top>2:14 </TD><TD vAlign=top>J. Nesbitt rushed to the right for 8 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-2, FrSt27</TD><TD vAlign=top>1:38 </TD><TD vAlign=top>J. Nesbitt rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, FrSt24</TD><TD vAlign=top>1:08 </TD><TD vAlign=top>GT committed 5 yard penalty</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-15, FrSt29</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:43 </TD><TD vAlign=top>GT committed 15 yard penalty</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-30, FrSt44</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:37 </TD><TD vAlign=top>J. Nesbitt incomplete pass to the right</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-30, FrSt44</TD><TD vAlign=top>0:13 </TD><TD vAlign=top>J. Nesbitt rushed to the left for 5 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblspacer10><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY><THEAD><TR class=ysptblhead><TH colSpan=3>2nd Quarter </TH></TR><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH class=l colSpan=3>Georgia Tech continued </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY class=ysptblcontent1><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>3rd-25, FrSt39</TD><TD vAlign=top>15:00 </TD><TD vAlign=top>T. Bennett sacked by J. Monga</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>4th-35, FrSt49</TD><TD vAlign=top>14:47 </TD><TD vAlign=top>D. Brooks punt, no return</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now it might be a stretch to say they would have scored and made it 14-3 BUT till those consecutive penalties Fresno had not stopped GT.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><THEAD><TR class=ysptblhead3><TH class=l colSpan=3>Fresno St. - 14:20 </TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY class=ysptblcontent1><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, FrSt10</TD><TD vAlign=top>14:20 </TD><TD vAlign=top>T. Brandstater passed to M. Moore to the left for 8 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-2, FrSt18</TD><TD vAlign=top>13:54 </TD><TD vAlign=top>L. Miller rushed to the left for 6 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, FrSt24</TD><TD vAlign=top>13:34 </TD><TD vAlign=top>T. Brandstater passed to C. Smith down the middle for 1 yard loss</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-11, FrSt23</TD><TD vAlign=top>12:38 </TD><TD vAlign=top>T. Brandstater passed to B. Pascoe to the right for 19 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, FrSt42</TD><TD vAlign=top>12:28 </TD><TD vAlign=top>T. Brandstater passed to M. Moore to the right for 5 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-5, FrSt47</TD><TD vAlign=top>12:06 </TD><TD vAlign=top>L. Miller rushed to the right for 8 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, GT45</TD><TD vAlign=top>11:59 </TD><TD vAlign=top>GT committed 15 yard penalty</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, GT30</TD><TD vAlign=top>11:36 </TD><TD vAlign=top>T. Brandstater passed to M. Moore to the left for 9 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-1, GT21</TD><TD vAlign=top>11:28 </TD><TD vAlign=top>L. Miller rushed up the middle for 8 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>1st-10, GT13</TD><TD vAlign=top>11:23 </TD><TD vAlign=top>T. Brandstater passed to B. Pascoe to the left for 7 yard gain</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>2nd-3, GT6</TD><TD vAlign=top>10:59 </TD><TD vAlign=top>M. Moore rushed to the left for 6 yard touchdown. C. Stitser made PAT

Now next drive a stupid 15 yd penalty.....

Then they faked the punt and were succesful deep in Fresno territory but guess what ILLEGAL Shift!.

It seemed GT kept feeding Fresno momentum series after series....

have to say though brandsetter played well. They didnt beat themselves and GT did. Should have been a GT 20-7 at half not Fresno...

Well lets go Okie State and Happy New Year bro!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

O/U 71 for Okie St/Indiana.. I didn't know Indiana could score that many points..

I am staying away from TOTALS after 2 stupid jump the gun decisions today . Before today probably had the last 6 totals correct but with so many UNDERS recently I guess today is OVER day.

I agree seems like alot of points for IU but Okie State seems to always play there games in the mid 60s minimum...the game could get loose with a big lead IMo...would guess worst case they score in the 20s and if they were to win SU they would need at least 30.

GL Clyde:cheers:

UK is doing everything to keep FSU in this game.

I think Kentucky as a team is overrated not talentwise but as a unit. I agree though how else would FSU stick around? Had to hope for a sloppy effort from them...

Happy New Year RJ! This 1st H is like torture

OMG ! on the FG too...

your catching +4.5 right?

Praying for just 3 for you!:cheers:

I covered the half pushed the total

I apologize I thought I was in an ingame thread.
I didnt intend to post my ramblings in your informative thread.
Now lets get these plays.

Will you have a play on the Clemson/Auburn game ?

Good Luck on the rest of your plays, great to see you posting again, and Happy New Year!

I covered the half pushed the total

I apologize I thought I was in an ingame thread.
I didnt intend to post my ramblings in your informative thread.
Now lets get these plays.

No problem. It's not as if I frame these afterwards! Shame you deserved boh..BOL:cheers:

Will you have a play on the Clemson/Auburn game ?

Good Luck on the rest of your plays, great to see you posting again, and Happy New Year!

Thanks Spider. To be honest not sure have been looking at it really nothing stands out yet. If I do come up with something it would be up in the next 20 minutes.....

Happy New year:cheers:

7:30 Auburn vs Clemson @ georgiadome

After much thought on this matchup I feel the fact that Clemson opened at -2.5 was to draw Auburn money. It looks odd to see Auburn getting points but 2 things swayed me. first looking @ Auburn's lines it confirms what we believe they are a medicore SEC team. Only favored at home by 6 to Bama and 7 to USF winning by a TD and losing in OT. They are great as DOG granted but they won @ Arkansas cause the Hogs did nothing on offense. They played very well at both FLA and LSU but were DD dogs both times. now what struck me was that Clemson traveling to South Carolina was ROAD chalk. They were favored against an SEC team of similiar talent albeit different type teams.

Factor in Auburn having a new OC who is switching it up. Seems to me that they are using this more as a showcase game.

Clemson has a couple of LBs out. With such a young team I really expect motivation from the Clemson squad.

Do not like the UNDER from the stand point Clemson has LBs out and Auburn is using a new scheme which Clemson has not seen.

Clemson -130 ML - close win I think from 3 to 7 pts

Small play not as strong as Okie State more a fill in the blanks type play.

BOL

How in the world does Auburn put in a new offense in two weeks?

With 3 freshman OL and supposedly the frosh Qb has picked up it better and may see some action over Cox. I completely agree . Especially from an outside coordinator learning his personnel..Which is why I believe Auburn is not taking this game as serious:cheers:.

Back