New Sharks Logo

Liquidnoose

You've Got To Bleed For The Dancer
Not sure how I feel about this:

http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=MediaGalleryPlayer&galleryId=1685

new-logo-default_HOME.jpg

Well, let's be honest, they stole their first logo from the Penguins' skating penguin logo.

The triangle for Pittsburgh makes sense, I'm not sure what it was supposed to represent for San Jose, unless it was some really loose interpretation of SJ, SF, and Oakland as their fan base, but I don't think that makes a triangle.

At any rate, I like this one more. Now that triangle feels a little more shark like, sort of fin-like, albeit turned up side down. The shark also seems angrier, I like it if they weren't going to do a total teardown.

not sure about it... do they have the jerseys yet?

personally I hate the reebok jerseys for this season already

The jerseys will be released later on...no idea what it'll look like.
The triangel represents a certain area off the coast near San Jose where Sharks allegedly lurk...that's what I think I heard on a SJ video I saw many moons ago.

Anyone seen the new Caps logo/jerseys, etc?

The triangel represents a certain area off the coast near San Jose where Sharks allegedly lurk

Interesting. I do know there's an area up around SF where there are a ton of sharks, and now that it looks like more of a tooth, I feel better about it from a 'hey, stop ripping off our logo' standpoint.

=)

I haven't seen the Caps ones yet, I'm interested to see 'em.

Thanks, Santa.

Love the logo. Although, I don't think the Caps have three Stanley Cup titles as those stars imply, or am I wrong?

Either way, hate the jerseys.

I think part of that could be the new Reebok look--I'm still a little confused at how they're going to play in those things--but that color treatment isn't doing itself any favors.

Dont think they are like the Azzuri with the stars, but I do remember reading they represent Maryland / Virginia and something else (forgive my geography)...

With the jerseys think its just another attempt to make the game seem faster. They used them in the Olympics one time around and they got ripped to shreds as a prototype and not used the rest of the tourney, then came back again revamped and the players (some) seemed to like them. Mixed reviews across the board really, but more of a getting used to thing.

Rumor is, also an attempt to curb fighting as its tougher to 'jersey' somebody with the slim fit instead of relying on a tie down strap.

Dont think they are like the Azzuri with the stars.

Pthpt, there's their first mistake.

=)

Rumor is, also an attempt to curb fighting as its tougher to 'jersey' somebody with the slim fit instead of relying on a tie down strap.

I hate Gary Bettman.

The triangel represents a certain area off the coast near San Jose where Sharks allegedly lurk

Interesting. I do know there's an area up around SF where there are a ton of sharks, and now that it looks like more of a tooth, I feel better about it from a 'hey, stop ripping off our logo' standpoint.

=)

I haven't seen the Caps ones yet, I'm interested to see 'em.

Hmm...upside down triangles, San Fransisco...

Are the Sharks representing more than the NHL here? :36_11_6:

All right, I can handle the Maryland, VA, DC thing.

I also like the alternate, but I like it as an alternate. I think that's going to look good small on the sleeve. Some how the eagle does become a little Phoenix-like with those red wings, but you've gotta let some things slide.

i think the wings are supposed to form a W for Washington and you can see the Capital building in the white "breast" part of the Eagle

I like the Sharks logo. Like someone mentioned here before, the Shark looks like one mean mofo ready to shread anyone on its path.

Back