New Mexico Bowl - Colorado state vs Fresno st ( -3 )

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
I have no clue and the game is on the first day of bowl play.

Total is set at 60 and at time of this post the line is Fresno -3

Talk to me goose.....

10984239_gal.jpg

Haven't looked at it and prolly won't a lot in all honesty.

I would lean towards Colly st though off the bat.

People should be executed if they play this game.

Why wouldn't somebody want to play the games that are less noticed by the oddsmakers opposed to the Florida/Oklahoma matchup? There is little advantage a sports investor/gambler can have in the title game while if you pick out the small bowls you can get real value. Not sure where the hate for the small bowls comes from. Better opportunity to make money in this game vs the title game imo.

Why wouldn't somebody want to play the games that are less noticed by the oddsmakers opposed to the Florida/Oklahoma matchup? There is little advantage a sports investor/gambler can have in the title game while if you pick out the small bowls you can get real value. Not sure where the hate for the small bowls come from. Better opportunity to make money in this game vs the title game imo.

Why the rams , jpicks .. i saw you played them.

I bet this game a year ago ........ if i dont bet it this year , my team will score just as many as they did last year when i bet ......

It's 100% motivation to me Kyle. I owe the forum a real writeup for the game tomorrow, but for one I don't think the WAC is anywhere close to the MWC. This is CSU's first bowl game in a few years and while many will blow this off as the worst bowl game out there, and it probably is, CSU is going to be motivated to have a strong showing. Looking at FSU's season I can't say that there is anything to be impressed by. One team has a first year head coach who is trying to build a program back up and another team has a coach who is trying to leave for greener pastures. FSU is a big name, but has lacked the team to back up ESPN's label for them IMO. I also think the WAC is EXTREMELY weak this year.

have to agree with jpicks here...leaning strongly to CSU as well for some of the same reasons he's mentioned...

Fresno State gets all the press for their tough talk (play anyone , anywhere) . The fact is everytime this team has suffered a big loss in term of postseason hopes it folds . This year it happened early vs Wisky and they probably werent nearly as good as expected to begin with but BCS Bowl aspirations ? Wisky nudged them 13-10 at home they scraped by @ Toledo and @ UCLA before paying the piper vs Hawaii . All on turnovers and ST.

Fresno managed to go 1-6 ATS as favs with the lone win recently @ SJST on Friday Night Football . The Spartans were just done by then and lost because Fresno simply ran the ball the entire 2nd H . To show how soft a win it was next game Fresno lost by 50..

So motivation hard to see it in Fresno eyes based on what they have done the past few years. BCS to worst Bowl game ?

Neither team can stop the run but Fresno runs it much better probably if healthy at that position.
://www.coloradoan.com/article/20081210/SPORTS/812100339/1006/SPORTS

As JPicks said clearly Col State is motivated to show well here and the fans are interested . See above link.

Col State played a tougher schedule and definetly held its own IMO . A couple ames like @ Utah and @ Cal were very skewed results were...

Farris ended strong 11Tds vs 5 Ints final 5 games and Gatrell Johnson surpassed 100yds in 4 of 5 ....

Fresno just 4-27-1 ATS L32 off a SU LOSS.......

Cant say I know the programs that well but its a matter of how strong I like CSU.....:shake:

two bad ballclubs, but i think jpicks has convinced me...gotta be csu or nothing. fresno has been one of the most overrated teams in football all year long, and i believe they think they are a lot better than they really are.

and how the hell do you get motivated to play csu in the new mexico bowl when you think you're good?? it's like getting invited to the wedding but having to sit at table 39 in an obstructed view...you know you were the last people to get invited, you don't really want to be there to begin with, and you just can't wait until all of the bullshit is over so you can get all fucked up.

you have a bad team that is going to be overconfident and disinterested vs a bad team that is jacked they made it to a bowl and will defintely give a max effort.

it's a pretty simple rule...bet ON fresno st in bowl games where they are a dog v BCS teams.

bet AGAINST fresno st in bowl games where they are favored v non-BCS teams.

Personally, I'm not sure how FSU has achieved the level of arrogance that they have; they've never won the WAC title and are clearly struggling to maintain their current level in the WAC, much less catching Boise St. The bloom is definitely off of Pat Hill and this program...

Agree that it's the Rams or pass at this point.

It's 100% motivation to me Kyle. I owe the forum a real writeup for the game tomorrow, but for one I don't think the WAC is anywhere close to the MWC. This is CSU's first bowl game in a few years and while many will blow this off as the worst bowl game out there, and it probably is, CSU is going to be motivated to have a strong showing. Looking at FSU's season I can't say that there is anything to be impressed by. One team has a first year head coach who is trying to build a program back up and another team has a coach who is trying to leave for greener pastures. FSU is a big name, but has lacked the team to back up ESPN's label for them IMO. I also think the WAC is EXTREMELY weak this year.

:cheers: M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N

CSU really improved as the season went along...also believe their 1st year HC will have this team ready...CSU +3. :tiphat:

Mully

Pretty much says it all....

The game itself represents a turnaround for the program in the first season under Fairchild. The six wins were the most ever posted by a first-year CSU coach, making him the first coach to have his debut season end at a bowl game.

That, said senior safety Mike Pagnotta, is a major accomplishment.

“It really is. Sometimes it gets overlooked, guys thinking it’s not a big-time bowl, but it’s huge for us, it’s huge for our program,” he said. “We have a chance to win as many games this year as we have the two previous years. It would be big for the seniors to go out with a winning record, it’s great for the recruiting coming in next year. Coach Fairchild and those guys have done an amazing job this year. I take my hat off to them and all the guys who have been playing this year. It’s been a complete team effort.”

Colorado State has not finished with a winning record since 2003, and win over the Bulldogs would break that streak.

Down the stretch, the players talked about getting to a bowl game. Now the feeling is they want to close out this first season in style.

“We got here, but we’ve got to finish 7-6,” quarterback Billy Farris said. “We got here a few years ago at 6-6, but we lost. Since I’ve been here, we haven’t had a winning record. I want to make a change, and I know the other guys do, too.”

Full article.

Supposedly CSU is really close to selling out their allotment of 6K tickets while Fresno State has sold 1K tickets. Hilarious #'s either way, but CSU fans are expecting 8-10K to travel down for the game. Yet another sign of who's excited about this game.

Back