New CTG Member Calvin Ridley OUT 2022 Season

I’m curious how one gets caught.

If I’m the starting linebacker for the Bears I’d have one of my friends place my action thru a local or one of the apps and never have it come back to me.

Granted I don’t believe sports betting is legal in Georgia yet but cmon, there’s gotta be a better way.

Makes me wonder how many athletes are in fact betting games.

"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell today suspended Calvin Ridley of the Atlanta Falcons indefinitely through at least the conclusion of the 2022 season for betting on NFL games in the 2021 season," a league statement reads. "The activity took place during a five-day period in late November 2021 while Ridley was not with the team and was away from the club's facility on the non-football illness list."

"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell today suspended Calvin Ridley of the Atlanta Falcons indefinitely through at least the conclusion of the 2022 season for betting on NFL games in the 2021 season," a league statement reads. "The activity took place during a five-day period in late November 2021 while Ridley was not with the team and was away from the club's facility on the non-football illness list."
This message brought to you by DraftKings

I'm more interested in how long he'd been doing it and if that was the reason for his personal leave. Obviously the NFL is going to say they just found out and that it was during time off, could it be the time off was due to a gambling debt?

I'm more interested in how long he'd been doing it and if that was the reason for his personal leave. Obviously the NFL is going to say they just found out and that it was during time off, could it be the time off was due to a gambling debt?
I saw it happened after his leave of absence

I’m curious how one gets caught.

If I’m the starting linebacker for the Bears I’d have one of my friends place my action thru a local or one of the apps and never have it come back to me.

Granted I don’t believe sports betting is legal in Georgia yet but cmon, there’s gotta be a better way.

Makes me wonder how many athletes are in fact betting games.
Random friend of bears linebacker who is an officer in the CPD places 6 figure bets at hollywood Aurora every week

Definitely not gonna get caught...

I saw it happened after his leave of absence
Just wondering if that's all that they're reporting that they knew of, or if he actually had done it before the leave...it was so sudden it seems like there may be more to it

Just wondering if that's all that they're reporting that they knew of, or if he actually had done it before the leave...it was so sudden it seems like there may be more to it
Just looked

It was during a 5 day period in November, he admitted to it according to the goodell statement

Gonna be interesting to hear how he got caught

Bookie got caught and ratted?

Or more likely I think, Ridley won big, bookie said fuck this I dont wanna pay, went to nfl

Last edited:
Gonna be interesting to hear how he got caught

Bookie got caught and ratted?

Or more likely I think, Ridley won big, bookie said fuck this I dont wanna pay, went to nfl
Think so?

I've only read a bit and figured his dumbass used an USA book and info was there.

Obviously, anything is possible.

Think so?

I've only read a bit and figured his dumbass used an USA book and info was there.

Obviously, anything is possible.
It's possible, but I cant imagine him being that dumb

Just watched a clip from McAfee and aj hawk saying all over the building when they were in the league were signs saying dont bet, dont ruin your career, dont be pete rose etc.

Maybe he thought it was ok while he was on leave tho?

Random friend of bears linebacker who is an officer in the CPD places 6 figure bets at hollywood Aurora every week

Definitely not gonna get caught...
CPD been getting lot of overtime pay, add that to some wise investments and you never know the possibilities.

But in all honesty it was a low key Mayor of Mettewa, IL joke. Google what he got in a little trouble for.

CPD been getting lot of overtime pay, add that to some wise investments and you never know the possibilities.

But in all honesty it was a low key Mayor of Mettewa, IL joke. Google what he got in a little trouble for.
Haha Brian's brother I had never heard that, glad 45 pardoned him

Sounds similar to the one rock tocchet and Janet Gretzky were involved in

I remember when Jagr got caught owing money 20 years ago, it came out that the books knew who he was and disabled the nhl from his account
Has KJ ever made Jagr’s tequila loving cat his avatar? That tweet was first ballot hall of fame.

He’s playing for his hometown team in Czechoslovakia. He also is the owner.

Remember when the girl took the picture when he was still sleeping after they spent the night together and tried to blackmail him? His response was awesome.

Has KJ ever made Jagr’s tequila loving cat his avatar? That tweet was first ballot hall of fame.

Remember when the girl took the picture when he was still sleeping after they spent the night together and tried to blackmail him? His response was awesome.
Hmmm

Maybe a Cinco de Mayo idea on the horizon

Ya she really didnt have much leverage.

oh no, an 18 year old model is gonna say she fucked me and leak a picture for proof, what ever am I gonna do...

1500 huh? why 1500 if you're an nfl player? if i were a pro player there would be no purpose for me to make a bet unless it was six figures. 1500 wouldn't even pay for his after game dinner.

1500 huh? why 1500 if you're an nfl player? if i were a pro player there would be no purpose for me to make a bet unless it was six figures. 1500 wouldn't even pay for his after game dinner.
He probably risked 1500 on those crazy 5 and 9 leg parlays. That would be a nice payoff

Obviously he was still under contract but assume he wasn't getting paid since he was on leave. Not sure there's much wiggle room for a loophole anywhere but where does the line get drawn?

Clearly he should have just had a buddy do it so he's not the brightest, but really what would the difference be?

Back