Nevada/Nebraska

• Thread starter Thread starter DrAtomic
  • Start date Start date
D

DrAtomic

Line opened 21 and quickly dropped to 19. For the life of me I just can't see it. Nevada lost a 5th round NFL QB, best WR, and best RB. Nebraska has a legit top 20 defense which is going to be a nightmare for Nevada. Huskers dominate both lines of scrimage, have the better skill players, and the better QB on opening day in Lincoln. How is this not similar to the 49-10 opener last year vs Louisana Tech? Anyone like Nevada and what to make a case for them I'm all ears.

Nevada just lost their center too i believe. decent defense by mwc standards but they wont score here. How would you like to be a brand new qb behind a bad line, starting your first major college football game on the road at nebraska ? This should be a pretty bad year for nevada.

Atomic,

I was suprised this line moved so sharply right away as well. I played Nebraska last year in the opener and just started looking at this one too. I think Kellar will do real good off the rip but would like to hear some stuff out of camp before I touch it.

I'm on Nebraska -19.5...Nevada's QB Graziano will be good this year, but this is going to be a tough first start for him...also Nevada will be breaking in a new tailback, combined with that they lost their center and will be breaking in two new tackles, a new TE (their TE last year that caught the ball between his legs was very underrated and was a big part of their offense) and a new WR (Spencer will be missed dearly)...defensively, Nevada returns quite a bit, but as you guys probably saw in games vs. ASU, Boise and even deep balls vs. Miami FL, it's hard for them to match up every down with a team like Nebraska...Chris Ault usually will even pull his starters in the fourth quarter in games like this if he's just a couple of TDs...not saying I agree with it, just saying that's the way he's been doing things over the years since he's come back...

I think Sam Keller is an absolute stud...I feel he was as good as a QB as their was in the country the first 6 games of the 2005 season...it really stunk to see him get jobbed like that by Koetter...however, I think people are still really skeptical about his abilities, and he will use this game as a game to showcase his skills...he's got a good line to work with and a ton of skill position guys to get the ball too...defensively, Nebraska returns 5 guys, but I think it's more of a re-loading deal with them 'cause one of the things Callahan does a good job with is his recruiting...I'm not so excited about his on the field coaching, but he has shown to be a pretty good "bully", especially at home...

bottom line for me is that this is Nevada's first really big road game in a while...yeah, they've gone to ASU, they've gone to Hawaii, but this is their first trip I can ever remember to Lincoln and I'm pretty confident they won't be treated kindly...I don't play games very heavy the first couple of weeks, but this is one of my Saturday plays for sure...

doc, maybe you're seeing this game the way the linesmakers (and myself and many others on this forum) see it, hence the public skewed the line by 2 pts which gives us an opportunity to capitalize on

GL

the only thing i can somewhat find to support nevada is that they are returning 3 of their top 4 recievers which are all burners. I do not know if nebraska has good corners if they don't this game could be one of those whoever scores last.

A interesting stat that pertains in this spot is the Nevada Wolf Pack has lost 11 straight road openers by an average of 23 points per game.

gl atomic

nebraska..

the only thing i can somewhat find to support nevada is that they are returning 3 of their top 4 recievers which are all burners. I do not know if nebraska has good corners if they don't this game could be one of those whoever scores last.

A interesting stat that pertains in this spot is the Nevada Wolf Pack has lost 11 straight road openers by an average of 23 points per game.

gl atomic

has two steady corners on andre jones and grixby.... Bowman is out since last year and hopefully recovers on time for USC. The talent is there with Murillo (juco), Larry Asante & Tierre Green as safeties,
The question is on the defensive line.... if it creates enough pressure the secondary will be fine.

I think pags is right on in his analysis. Also, I will be at the game which is worth at least 6 pts. to the Huskers.

stinkin linkin will not be a good place for graz to have his first start. he will commit turnovers that rooks commit and that will give the huskers, imo, good field position for most of the day. i see a long day for an overmatched wolf pack squad.

also wanted to note that Nevada's back-up center (who was supposed to start for the injured guy), got kicked out of practice this week and may be kicked off the team...pretty important position for the "pistol" offense...

also wanted to note that Nevada's back-up center (who was supposed to start for the injured guy), got kicked out of practice this week and may be kicked off the team...pretty important position for the "pistol" offense...

This would not be good for the wolfpack. Line was already a huge , big old fat question mark with a sophomore and a freshamn likely starting at each tackle ( unless they give johnson the nod at one but the fact that a freshman is competing for the spot tells you what you need to know) and now they lose their center and their backup center.... for a game in lincoln ?? i almost dont want to read anymore of this thread or i might end up putting this game onto my radar , which i have all but turned off already.
<!-- / message -->

Even if Nebraska's cb's are horrible, the qb wont be getting any protection to complete passes with a banged up OL vs the Nebraska front 8.......

my other concern in Nevada trying to move the ball is their proclivity to dink and dump 99% of the time...I can see Nebraska pressing the Nevada WR's and blitzing some linebackers...Graziano can scramble for some first downs, but he should get tired in the second half...

Back