Need to Vent about GMen... Draft 2015

Nugzz

Tritty f'n Bunk
Okay.. So my beloved G-Men are sitting at #9.. with all the options in the world and what do we do? Draft a raw Olineman from the U w/ questionable technique, work ethic, and skills.

So frustrating... Here's my stance:
It might be just me but shouldnt a top 10 pick be someone you EXPECT to be an impact player right away? (maybe there are some exceptions) I just dont get it.. I understand the need for a tackle, but Round 2,3,4 you can find someone who is more polished (Jake Fisher) or someone with great size and upside with a chip on their shoulder, rather than some tackle who feels entitled because they went to the U and feels their position in the NFL is justified for some reason.

Now i dont claim to know everything about this Flowers kid, but I'd put money on it that he isn't Orlando Pace or even Jake Matthews... When the team that drafts you #9 questions what position you are best suited to play that throws up all kinds of red flags imo...

There were so many opportunities for the giants to make a better move in that spot.. If you like this kid so much why not trade down, acquire a pick, and take him in the teens...

I'm starting to think i like the "take the best player available" technique in the first round. I dont know about other Giants fans, but Todd Gurley woulda looked good in a blue uniform. Gotta say i'm not looking forward to a year of the Rashad Jennings/ Andre Williams platoon... And i could think of 7 or 8 other guys that i would have taken before Flowers in that spot... Including a multitude of wideouts or pass rushers or CB's...

Now all that being said.. I hope Flowers proves me wrong and becomes a staple of our O-Line for the next 12 years, but i just dont see it.. I believe he's more likely to be an average multimillionaire who suffers a string of injuries because he doesnt play the game with fire or the right technique.

Okay i'm done.. for now.

:enraged:

I think it was a good pick and something the gmen desperately need. Great upside.... Gurley would've been nice but the RB life is too short to take with the 9th pick in all honesty.

I'm like you... don't know much about Flowers... but he is a big mofo... My friend and I were talking about 15 minutes before the pick and he said he wanted Flowers and he's very high on him...and he knows his stuff. Hopefully the Gmen are able to get a RB in the later rounds

I think it was a good pick and something the gmen desperately need. Great upside.... Gurley would've been nice but the RB life is too short to take with the 9th pick in all honesty.

I'm like you... don't know much about Flowers... but he is a big mofo... My friend and I were talking about 15 minutes before the pick and he said he wanted Flowers and he's very high on him...and he knows his stuff. Hopefully the Gmen are able to get a RB in the later rounds

We have RB's that are later round picks.. Andre williams fits the bill there.. Gurley is explosive and if healthy can be a huge asset...

I'm just saying.. Ereck Flowers was a reach.. I've seen a lot of "big mofo's" come and go with limited success.

Do you think the giants even considered a receiver? I mean cruz healthy makes it a moot point.. but who knows if he'll be the same..

I just want the giants to go back to "Giants football".. being nasty in the trenches, running the ball a littel more, and getting after the qb..

Kipers round two mock has Gmen taking Landon Collins.. meh... I'm not sold on the prototype bama safety.. but when you have no safeties on your roster i'd consider it a need.

How bout Randy Gregory to the Gmen?

Back