Need to settle an argument

El Mago

Pretty much a regular
Hey all, my roomate and I put in $10 each in a suicide pool.. grand prize is 5000 for the last man standing or split among the last men standing, we are having an argument on what team to pick next. the pool is pick one winner every week, no spread, just pick a winner, but once you choose a team, u cant pick them again, i.e if u pick the jets in week 1, cant pick them for the rest of the yr... we are having an argument on what to do for this week and next

My pick for this week is Philly to beat the browns this week , and next week Indy to beat the jags

He wants indy to beat the lions this week and the saints to beat the lions

which is better ... just in case u were wondering we really like TB vs the raiders in the last week if TB is still in the race for the division title/playoff fight

Any opinions would be very helpful....

If u guys have other opinions let us know we have alrdy taken
NE
Dal
Buff
Jacksonville
Jets
Giants
Panthers
Ravens
bears
chargers
dolphins
pitt
titans
cards

Take the Eagles, you won't get to use them again. It's a Monday night game in Philly against a team that, at this point, is really fighting for draft pick placement. The Eagles basically need to win out to get into the playoffs, this is a must-win game for them, at home, against a bad team playing their third string QB.

After this game they play Washington and Dallas, so you won't use them. Use them here.

At this point in a contest of this type , this far into the season , i would always take the largest available favorite.

I'm weary of picking against the Lions at this point. I'm not fan of saying a team or a person is "due", but I think it applies in the NFL once a team hits the 0-10 or 0-11 mark. Just having a hard time believing a team can go winless.

I'm weary of picking against the Lions at this point. I'm not fan of saying a team or a person is "due", but I think it applies in the NFL once a team hits the 0-10 or 0-11 mark. Just having a hard time believing a team can go winless.

While usually true dmoney, this is the Detroit Lions. They cut Kelly the other day leaving them woefully thin at cornerback where they already sucked anyway. They go into this weeks contest with 3 quarterbacks to choose from. Fumblepepper got hurt last week and doesn't look great in practice. Dan-O is finally back but his throws have been very erratic in practice this week. Stanton is healthy and would be the IDEAL choice. Ya know, see what the kid has but coach Rod is all about getting those IMPORTANT wins and not developing the future. He has no future here so what does he care. The offense is ultra-conservative. See last weeks game as an example. That should have been the first win, no doubt.

The Lions are salty, too. They're getting bitter about this whole thing, as well they should. That said, I don't think they win this week, but that Saints game could be their shot.

Saints game is only shot Joe. They haven't won at Lambeau since 1991. And that Saint game is a bleak shock.

Saints game is only shot Joe. They haven't won at Lambeau since 1991. And that Saint game is a bleak shock.

Look at the over when it comes out. The Saints score on everybody and if that's really the Lions' best hope, they should probably throw the kitchen sink at it.

The sad thing for the Lions is, say they end up at number one, who do they draft? Is there really that dominant force this year coming out of college?

2 things: 1-dont' pick indy over jags, the jags ALWAYS play them tough. 2- I wouldnt' want to face detroit last game of the season still winless, too much motivation even though they flat out suck

Take Indy and then the SAints. Indy will find a way to win this week and the Saints will be highly motivated for a win and playoff push.

Back